Pricing a mid 90s Eriba Troll GT

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:02 am
by JennyShaw (deleted)

We are trying to sell our mid 90s Eriba Troll 530GT. I need some help to understand how to price it, and possible places to sell it. They typically go for around £7,500. Ours is not in perfect condition. So we had it on the market for less. People commented “great price”etc. No one has bought it though, so I think our price is wrong.
It’s good points are that it’s physically sound. The floor and the chassis are sound. It has a positive damp report from September, but I think water has started to come in in one area according to a buyer. He knew how to sort it, but didn’t have the time. It was serviced in September, including gas, and has new tyres. The heater doesn’t work.The main work is that it is tired internally. It needs new window seals and some attention. It is in a sort of halfway condition, I think. It is not a full blown restoration project, neither is it in top condition.
I want to find a price, that makes a buyer feel as though doing the work of repairing it is worthwhile. All positive advice greatly appreciated!

Scroll up

RE: Pricing a mid 90s Eriba Troll GT

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:26 am
by eribaMotters | 5.403 Posts

Jenny, a mid 90's caravan does not sell well, unless it's an Eriba. But even then the prime consideration is condition and damp is the one thing you do not want and would put the vast majority of buyers off. It might just be a window seal, but these are going to cost £100's to replace as for peace of mind I think it best to replace all at this age if one has failed. If the failure had resulted in something more than "on the surface", you could be looking at a bill into the £1000's. A non functioning fire likewise could be a small job or again run into £100's.
You have had the van serviced, so my advice would be to get the work done and give the inside a good going over. This could take a couple of months, but you should then have a wider market of buyers as they can buy with confidence. Weather will then be improving and as such prices start to rise so £7.5K would be a realistic expectation, depending upon specification.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Last edited Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:27 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:39 am
by JennyShaw (deleted)

Colin,
Thank you for replying. Your reply has given me lots of useful information, I appreciate you taking the time. I would still like to understand if there’s a price we could move the caravan on as is. We have lots of other challenges, including illness, so I’m not sure we will be able to spend 2 months working on it. That’s our dilemma. I see what you’re saying though. It is our responsibility, and a buyer would feel as if they are taking a risk. I’m wondering if the correct buyer could weigh that risk, and what sort of price would make it worthwhile. Then we can work it out.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jan 13, 2023 1:57 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.403 Posts

I suppose a good middle ground would be to get a full report on the van and costings. You could then declare this to a buyer and reduce the price down accordingly.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jan 13, 2023 5:07 pm
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

Try reducing the price in increments of £500 if you don't want to do the work.

Betty, 1998 Triton 430 and Colin, a Renault Mégane.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jan 13, 2023 5:16 pm
by JennyShaw (deleted)

That is a good idea. It might be our only way. I was hoping someone might have a steer so we aren’t just wasting people’s time visiting!

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:50 pm
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

If your description is complete, you won't be wasting anyone's time.

Betty, 1998 Triton 430 and Colin, a Renault Mégane.
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 89 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12659 topics and 106590 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0