site fees

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:32 pm
by scouteralf | 120 Posts

just booking site for later this year, first site was a private site in North Yorkshire when asked their fees the came back with £36.00 per night for a hard standing including the electrics.
they then mentioned that the electric included in the fee amounts to £1.90 per 24hours anything required over that must be paid onto a pre payment card at the site office.
is it me, or is that a bit strange hopefully you will not run out of electrics during cooking of a meal or when the office is closed.
to there credit they did say they would refund any money left on your card.

Suppose they next thing will be charging for showers

troll 530GT pushing Kia sportage awd
Scroll up

RE: site fees

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:30 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.403 Posts

I believe this is becoming more common, and not just since fuel prices jumped. In 2020 we stayed at Shallow Grange Farm, Buxton, Derbyshire and they had a pay as you go system. We used the electrics as we normally would with a 300w hot water heater, Remoska and induction hob. We did not use all of our allowance up.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
scouteralf and SOULBLUESMAN68 like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:15 am
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.156 Posts

Hi Alf

I think many private sites are also hiding this extra cost in increased site fees.

We have just had to pay £41 per night for a site in June. Not much more to stay in a local Premier Inn or Travelodge.........................

MikeT

scouteralf likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:59 pm
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.018 Posts

What's often forgotten is that commercial prices for energy aren't being limited by the government like domestic prices are. Businesses are paying higher energy prices than private homes and the costs can be crippling.

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Skoda Karoq 1.5 Petrol DSG and a 420. A Bailey Phoenix + 420, with oven, microwave, shower cubicle, solar panel, ATC and external gas point.
SOULBLUESMAN68 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:14 pm

I'm sure that you are right Andy but it may reach a stage for us & other retirees with relatively fixed incomes that the nightly cost becomes too high for some sites and we use the Eriba far less than we otherwise would............

MikeT

scouteralf likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:30 pm
by mr_underhill | 688 Posts

I foresee a rise in the number of C/L bookings. I can manage for a week on a fully charged battery and no mains electric.

Tardis II , Eriba Puck 1990 pushing a Fiat 500 Colour Therapy, Twin Air Turbo.
One man and his dog.. retired 🐶
Steve and Debbie and SOULBLUESMAN68 like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:37 pm

On the C&MC forum it would appear many are voting with their feet regarding site fees, and heading for the CLs. These are our first port of call and we have found it fairly easy to find one with hook-up, toilet, sometimes a shower and even free wi-fi for less than £20.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

SOULBLUESMAN68 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:32 pm
by Captain Calamity | 356 Posts

Also shop around for independents. If you are heading for Scotland up the East coast, South Meadows, just south of the border, is half a mile from the A1. Superb facilities, coffee shack, wood fired pizza shack, short drive from Bamburgh Castle and the Grave Darling museum, enclosed off-lead dog walk on site. All for £25 for a fully serviced hardstanding pitch.

SOULBLUESMAN68 and Simboc2004 like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Feb 11, 2023 12:17 am

Yes Capn I'm sure that you are right and that not all independents are over expensive.

We stay at one when visiting family that has a handful of reasonably priced touring pitches within a large site dominated my mobile homes & seasonal pitches. It is not our normal type of site at all but as we are out off-site visiting relatives most of the time it serves its purpose well.

As Colin says, we also know many people who are voting with their feet concerning Club Sites.

We will see what develops..........

MikeT

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Feb 26, 2023 8:27 pm
by TAC (deleted)

I Think the pre paid card system for electricity adopted by some sites is a good idea.
We as Eriba owners have only a few items that use electricity. ie fan heater, fridge and ramoska or similar and possibly a water heater.
With all inclusive rates as per the caravan club sites we are subsidising wobbly white box owners with their air conditioning and many other energy consuming fitments. Some electric car owners also charge their cars from the site system but fortunately site operators are getting wise to this practice.
It is much better to pay for what you use as long as the site owners do not charge exorbitant prices for the electricity.

Simboc2004 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:23 pm

I think the idea is a good one, but the site fee needs to be reduced by £? so we have a true starting price.
We have experienced a pay to use system only once. A basic allowance was given per day and we found with our usual sensible use we did not need to pay a top up.

Colin

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Feb 26, 2023 10:36 pm
by Inspecta_Gadget | 264 Posts

It’s worth noting that where site owners charge for electric power, they are legally required to do this at cost price. However, that does include the cost of provision for the equipment, so a site with fancy new metering may be more expensive than an old system with coin-slots.

Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 12 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12659 topics and 106590 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2