Gas BBQ Point

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sun Feb 12, 2023 4:28 pm
by Woody126 | 16 Posts

Hi, We are picking up our new 540 soon and was wondering if anyone knows how much it would cost to get a external BBQ point fitted for a Cadac.

TIA.

Scroll up

RE: Gas BBQ Point

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sun Feb 12, 2023 5:02 pm
by chasnick | 69 Posts

Hi Woody, Whilst neat and convenient and an extra expense, it's another hole in the side of the van which has the potential in theory to produce an issue in the future. We carry a small 3.9kg gas tank with us that powers our BBQ and our coolbox, that's if you have space for it! Works well for us.

Skoda Karoq 2.0 Diesel 4x4, 2020 540 Troll GT.
Woody126 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sun Feb 12, 2023 5:09 pm
by Woody126 | 16 Posts

Hi Chasnick,
Thanks for you reply, did think of this but it appears they are discontinuing the 3.9kg bottles.

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sun Feb 12, 2023 5:13 pm
by chasnick | 69 Posts

Yes Woody, will be looking at replacements soon!

Skoda Karoq 2.0 Diesel 4x4, 2020 540 Troll GT.
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sun Feb 12, 2023 6:25 pm
by Woody126 | 16 Posts

I was thinking of getting a Bullfinch Connector put in the front locker, that way wouldn't need a hole in the side of the van. I am going to be carrying 1 x 7.5kg safefill bottle so would have space.

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Tue Feb 14, 2023 6:29 pm
by Alan | 77 Posts

I fitted a bullfinch connector in the side of my draw bar coverplate as it is aluminium, so I had no need to cut through the side of the van

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Tue Feb 14, 2023 7:21 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.403 Posts

I've always carried a Campingaz 907 as a second bottle in the gas locker. If my main 6kg Calorlite runs out I can swap over to the Campingaz. This is especially useful if abroad. If I want to use my Cadac I take the Campingaz out and find a suitable spot on my pitch where I can use it.I have always thought that using a hose you were restricted to shorter lengths and I do not really want to be cooking near an awning or the side of the van.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:53 pm
by Erik (deleted)

I fitted the Bullfinch connector, so that all the gas ran off one bottle, before that I found I had two near empty bottles it also saves all the faffing about with the bottles, details are on this site somewhere, and most other vans have them.

Scroll up

Visitors
4 Members and 63 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12660 topics and 106594 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 4