Rear window seal 2015 troll

in Anything Eriba-related Tue May 30, 2023 8:26 pm
by Ronnie | 68 Posts

New rear window seal, fitted 2 year ago by an independent dealer on our 2015 Troll, has the odd occasional dribble again. Dealer doesn’t want to know but taking a closer look at the other original seals around our Troll I’m not convinced the profile is the same and the duff rear window seal doesn’t close with the same pull in pressure that the others require.
I’m going to take this up with the dealer but if I get nowhere with them I’m considering getting a new seal from ALV Tebay and doing the job myself.
They say it’s easy enough to do, has anyone done this on a newer Eriba?
Thanks.

Scroll up

RE: Rear window seal 2015 troll

in Anything Eriba-related Wed May 31, 2023 5:09 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.618 Posts

The opening window rubber replacement is easy, have a look at one of these guides. It is for an older Puck but the procedure is the same.

Replacing window rubbers step by step guides

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!
Randa france, Pepé Le Pew and Ronnie like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:35 am
by Ronnie | 68 Posts

Excellent guide, thank you.

Poptop320 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:09 pm
by VanThe Man | 11 Posts

Have replaced a few opening window seals on a 2012 Troll without a struggle. The guide is comprehensive. Only additional point I would make is that if your seal runs over where two body panels overlap at the rear, you may need to add a little bit of extra mastic from the end of the roll to pack out the high difference immediately after the joint, otherwise water can seep down behind the seal and capillary inside, as I found by experience.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 46 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12659 topics and 106590 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0