Wet & dry runs

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:31 pm
by Silveriba (deleted)

Well i thought I'd better start posting on the normal forum sections after my new member intro...

We did a dry run set upp and drain of our water system (probably a wet run actually) yesterday and all seemed to go well, put some cleaner through it as well even though a new van - just for good measure.

Today we did a dry run awning set up on the drive - just so we know where all the poles go (and don't make too much of a fool of our selves when on site next weekend. Took us a couple of hours to work things through, but all ok.

Henry (our leonberger) inspected the awning and deemed it satisfactory for his accommodation requirements!

One small annoyance was that we couldn't get the skirt in the rail along the bottom of the Eriba. On closer inspection there were 3 rogue rail fixing screws that had not been fitted accurately and were sitting proud in the channel blocking the skirt bead from being pulled through. It seems that they weren't even the properly spaced fixings, but 3 extra ones fired in at random - Friday afternoon factory job where the worker had 3 spare screws he didn't know what to do with? Anyway took them out - filled the screw holes with sealant and all was well.

Glyn

20230605_120750.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Islay, Randa france and Simboc2004 like this post!
Scroll up

RE: Wet & dry runs

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:25 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.403 Posts

Glyn, I've had two new factory fresh Eriba's 2007 and 2017. Each needed fettling, the 2007 for 6 months and the 2017 for 18+ months.
At the time it is a pain, but the reality is owners of white wobbly boxes seem to have to continue with the fettling throughout the life of there vans.
My top tip for you is keep an eye on the top lockers for screws coming loose. If you even suspect it get the locker flap off, re-countersink the hinges and re-fix with slightly longer screws of the same gauge with a spot of pva in the screw holes. Some use araldite but pva is fine.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Frantone and Simboc2004 like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:12 am
by Islay | 271 Posts

Gosh, you need an awning with that dog! LOL. He's a beauty.

Triton 430 from 1998 and Renault Mégane.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:57 pm
by Silveriba (deleted)

Thanks Colin - nice to know we're not alone in tweaking the new Eriba to perfection! We had a second hand one some years ago - so it had probably had most of it's tweaking already done.

I'll keep an eye on those top locker hinges

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 87 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12659 topics and 106590 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0