Walker Awning Questions re bits!

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Thu May 19, 2016 2:32 pm
by GeoffT (deleted)

I have seen the thread about how bad the instructions for the Walker awning are and can only agree. However, we are now getting quite good at erecting it, but I have a few questions :

1. These obviously fit round a pole...but for what purpose?
20160518_121357.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

2. Where is one supposed to attach the press studs on the wheel cover flap of the skirt?
20160518_121403.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

3. What is this long piece of plastic for? It does not appear to fit anywhere.
20160518_121443.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks Geoff

Scroll up

RE: Walker Awning Questions re bits!

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Thu May 19, 2016 2:43 pm
by Frantone (deleted)

The long white plastic strip looks like the 'Eriba strip'. The narrow groove is fitted onto the top edge of the awning channel which therefore enlarges the gutter capacity allowing rain water to run off more efficiently helping to keep the awning drier.
How long is the strip?

Troll gently nudging up against Galaxy.

Last edited Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:41 pm | Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Thu May 19, 2016 2:51 pm
by Deeps (deleted)

1. Walker assemble pre-packed items that fit several models of awning - a throw back to the company they took over. Place to one side and forget all about it.

2. You can either separate the two parts of the stud fixing the back part to the van by gluing in the appropriate place or, alternatively, as I have, purchase some sticky pads (velcro on one side, sticky on the other) sticking one part to the van and the other to the skirt. What I have done is buy the velcro/sticky pad stuff, cut two squares approx 3" x 3" sticking one piece on the skirt over the studs and the other part in the appropriate position on the van. The velcro sides must come together obviously.

3. That plastic runner fits on top of the vans awning rail as acts as an extension/hightening piece to the said rail. In effect it hightens the rain gutter. (see attached image).White Strip.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sat May 21, 2016 1:17 pm
by GeoffT (deleted)

Thanks for the replies

Scroll up

Visitors
4 Members and 12 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12577 topics and 106079 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 4