RE: Christmas Greeting

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:59 pm
by Crystal | 245 Posts

I'm just jealous that someone can be so organised!!!

Last edited Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:02 am | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:10 am
by Pop540 (deleted)

not really organized, just allowing for unexpected issues which put me out of commission for 2 to 3 weeks..
haven't worked out what we eating yet tomorrow nevermind x mas day..

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:24 am
by Crystal | 245 Posts

When I was working my better half used to do all of Christmas apart from the cards - I just used to turn up and cook. Opening the presents was great (I'm ashamed to say) as I had no idea what half of the kids' presents were. Now I'm half way through making the cards, and still have to write them, after having had approval on to whom we are sending. I've been informed that I'm in charge of presents too!! HELP!!! One good thing, though, is that we have a son whose girlfriend loves putting up decorations! All that is needed is a Sunday lunch before Christmas! Think I can manage that. Just hope she can get up into the loft to get the tree out.....................................

Last edited Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:29 am | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:36 am
by Pop540 (deleted)

i used to do pressies for oh family, hence they got bulk buy of stollens and shloer, wrapped with care
last year it was chocs and shloer,
this year its shloer and something
do you see a pattern here?

we have a live tree outside back door i may tinsel, but other than that, no decs, we don't get any visitors, and the cats try to eat and attack anything that glints so no decs is safest all round

Last edited Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:47 am | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:27 am
by Deeps (deleted)

Having bought our new Triton 430 (Gretal) this year the wife and I will be sharing a pigeons leg on Christmas Day. If we don't suck the bones there should be enough left over for Boxing Day. To the chocs and shloer brigade.......cheers.

2013 Triton 430, VW Touran TDI BM
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:44 am
by Steamdrivenandy (deleted)

We've got a right disparate band for Christmas this year. There's the lodger (a friend of Mrs SDA's who is suffering with two brain tumours), daughter and her husband and 4 year old son, our son and his new fiancée who I've not met yet and a nephew from Vancouver who is trying to get work in London.
Mrs SDA says we have enough beds as long as son and young lady sleep in the van on the drive.

Amber a Lunar Quasar 464 Sussex Amberley Sussex Caravans dealer special pushing a '59 reg. Kia Cee'd 3 SW 1.6 CRDi Automatic, a rough towing ratio of 86%.
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:42 am
by Aaron Calder | 3.797 Posts

Am I alone in disliking the whole commercial spendathon that is the modern Christmas with all its imported 'traditions', customs and excesses?

Charles Dickens, Prince Albert and the Coca Cola Company have a lot to answer for and I hate to think of people at the bottom of our society getting into serious debt for the year in order to give their children what they perceive to be a 'proper' Christmas, all because of the cynical manipulation that is advertising.

Mrs Calder and I stopped buying each other Christmas presents years ago as it all seemed so stressful and pointless when we have a joint bank account and can go out and buy things that we want or need at any time during the year. And who needs an excuse for an orgy of feasting nowadays when our normal Sunday dinner exceeds what was on the table on Christmas Day when we were kids?

I'm always relieved when the jolly Yuletide advertising excesses are over and done with for another year so we can get back to the normality of summer holiday adverts and January sales.

Anyway, I've put the series one and two box sets of 'Game of Thrones' on my list. What have you asked Santa to bring you?

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:33 am
by Frantone (deleted)

Quote: Aaron Calder wrote in post #22
Am I alone in disliking the whole commercial spendathon that is the modern Christmas with all its imported 'traditions', customs and excesses?

Didn't the bible say something about a great prophet coming throughout the land???

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:55 am
by Randa france | 13.048 Posts

Quote Frantone Didn't the bible say something about a great prophet coming throughout the land???
Wow, you're on the ball lately old bean. Can hardly keep up with you...

"http://smileys.emoticonsonly.com/emoticons/w/wales-1627.gif"
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:09 am

Slight spelling error their Tony it should read 'a great profit'.....

Amber a Lunar Quasar 464 Sussex Amberley Sussex Caravans dealer special pushing a '59 reg. Kia Cee'd 3 SW 1.6 CRDi Automatic, a rough towing ratio of 86%.
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:42 am
by Eribanut | 2.026 Posts

Slight spelling error also their should be there

Sermo datur cunctis; animi sapientia paucis
Tempus fugit; carpe diem
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:58 am
by Deeps (deleted)

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:59 pm

Doh!
Dang predictive tuxt.

Last edited Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:00 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:03 pm
by Randa france | 13.048 Posts

We received our first Christmas card through the post today. Always first to arrive, it's from the Eriba Owner's Club of GB.

They always send really nice home designed cards and this year is no exception.

We really like the illustrations each year and were tickled by this year's whimsical verse.

I'm sure they won't mind us sharing it with you.

Thank you and Merry Christmas EOC. http://eriba-owners-club.co.uk/

EOC 3.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

R and A

"http://smileys.emoticonsonly.com/emoticons/w/wales-1627.gif"
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:30 pm
by Deeps (deleted)

Once again this year, I've had requests for my Tequila Christmas Cake recipe so here goes: Please keep in your files as I am beginning to get tired of typing this up every year!

Tequila Christmas Cake
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
... 1 cup water
1 tsp. salt
1 cup brown sugar
Lemon juice
4 large eggs
Nuts
1 bottle tequila
2 cups dried fruit

Sample the tequila to check quality. (very important)

Take a large bowl; check the tequila again to be sure it is of the highest quality.

Repeat.

Turn on the electric mixer. Beat one cup of butter in a large fluffy bowl. Add 1 teaspoon of sugar. Beat again.

At this point, it is best to make sure the tequila is still OK. Try another cup just in case.

Turn off the mixerer thingy. Break 2 eegs and add to the bowl and chuck iin the cup of dried fruit. Pick the fruit up off the floor. Mix on the turner.

If the fried druit getas stuck in the beaterers, just pry it loose with a drewscriver.

Sample the tequila to test for tonsisticity.

Next, sift 2 cups of salt, or something.

Check the tequila.

Now shift the lemon ice strain your nuts. Add one table. Add a spoon of sugar, or somefink.

Whatever you can find. Greash the oven.

Turn the cake tin 360 s and try not to fall over. Don't forget to beat off the turner.

Finally, throw the bowl through the window. Finish the tequila and wipe the counter with the cat.

Last edited Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:31 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 93 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12659 topics and 106590 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0