RE: Good morning to all Newbie also looking for Eriba

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:37 pm
by Morphy | 972 Posts

Thank you Piccola for the offer of your Eriba but we probably will go for either the famillia or at a push the triton the troll is getting just a bit to long for our drive.
Thank you Morphy

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:14 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.619 Posts

Hi Morphy, we have a 2012 Familia 320 that we bought from AL, they delivered it to my door in the North west for a small charge which was certainly cheaper than paying for diesel and accommodation.
For us its just the right size, it fits on our small drive and a doddle to tow. Familia 320.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

I like to pop my top when I go on holiday

Last edited Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:14 pm | Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:08 pm
by Morphy | 972 Posts

Have you had any problems with the Famillia have you had it since new do you have any of extra's on the van. We keep looking for one but keep toying with the idea of new. But how much do you lose with buying new but then again how much pleasure do you get with buying new. It is not like we have loads of money but with a loan we could do it.

But buying used it could have a lot of extras on that would make using the eriba more pleasurable what do you do.
Morphy.

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:48 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.619 Posts

some of 2012 and the 2013 models had electrical problems where the car did not charge up the battery, I had the warranty work completed by a Hymer dealer in Huddersfield. As you can imagine going back to Poole was out of the question. Some of the prices quoted new are the basic van and you have to start adding in the battery, battery charger pack, spare wheel, stabiliser, stowage flap, fly screen, intersprung seat cushions. The 2014 vans will charge you extra for smooth skin and an extra hob ring.
An extra which was worthwhile was the ultraheat electric converter in the gas fire which means I can just use the hook up and save my gas.
The post 2012 vans have a fully galvanised chassis and they have a flatter roof with a profile pop top that sits into the van rather on top, by doing this there is slightly more head room and a bigger door to try and avoid the Eriba kiss, I still manage to crack my head on the top of the door and I'm only 5'2"
We bought a new Eriba for one reason and I would assume it will be the same for you, I'm in my late 40s and I don't expect to buy another van again. It is not unusual for an Eriba to last 30 plus years, they are legendary for longevity and very low depreciation. I sold my previous Puck more than I paid for it. I have seen a 2012 Familia for sale £1500 more than I paid for mine new, that is something which is unheard of with your normal British Caravans.
If your in the North west area you are more than welcome to have a look at ours and ask questions, its got its winter coat on but you can still get inside it.

I like to pop my top when I go on holiday

Last edited Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:27 pm | Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:18 am
by Morphy | 972 Posts

Thanks for the very kind offer poptop we are going to the Manchester caravan show Friday night, There is an Eriba dealer there hopefully he will have one on show. Also going to the Birmingham one in February Airstream will be at that one. I am in the North West next door to Burnley probably around 50 mins from you. But as said should be able to view at one of the shows thank you again for your very kind offer though.

Morphy

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:28 am
by ellen (deleted)

We are off to the Manchester show on Friday night, it's free admission after 5pm and pretty quiet compared to daytime. If you would like to pick our brains on our Familia we are happy to meet up and help if we can. I'm not aware of any Eriba Touring dealers there, which dealers are they? On ebay there are 2 familias for sale, I think one is year 2009 and the other 2011, you are able to see the difference in appearance, some folk prefer one to the other, it's all down to preference but could determine if you were to buy new or pre owned. Ellen.

Proud owners of Doo-Dah our Familia 310

Last edited Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:38 am | Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:52 am
by Steamdrivenandy (deleted)

Current new 320 pricing is about £15,000 from AL or Airstream with a sort of UK standard fit out. You could spend around £1,000 more on other extras.
As to depreciation it depends on how you eventually sell the van. Sell or trade it in to a dealer and you can reckon on losing at least £3,000 in the first year (VAT making up £2,500 or so) and a further £750/£1,000 or so every year for the next 8/10 years at which point it slows down to almost nothing. AL tend to work on a £3,000 margin on used vans, so a van traded in for £10,000 will reappear in their shed for around £13,000.
If selling privately you can 'earn' an extra £1,500 or so, splitting the dealer margin so the buyer gets a better price but without the dealer support and the seller gets a bit more for the hassle of advertising and preparing and showing buyers round etc.

Amber a Lunar Quasar 464 Sussex Amberley Sussex Caravans dealer special pushing a '59 reg. Kia Cee'd 3 SW 1.6 CRDi Automatic, a rough towing ratio of 86%.
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:02 am
by Steamdrivenandy (deleted)

Oh and I hadn't heard of any Eriba dealer going to Manchester either. Airstream at the NEC are rather an unknown quantity as they've only been dealers for a short while. With AL taking on additional franchises I suspect they'll have fewer Eribas on the stand as they'll have to make space for the other brands. To avoid disappointment it could be worth a call to Jason or Steve to check what vmodels they intend taking.

Amber a Lunar Quasar 464 Sussex Amberley Sussex Caravans dealer special pushing a '59 reg. Kia Cee'd 3 SW 1.6 CRDi Automatic, a rough towing ratio of 86%.
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:51 am
by crow (deleted)

When Andy says arrange a visit, contact http://www.automotiveleisure.co.uk/Contactus.html
they see you by appointment and can arrange a discount on somewhere to stay (or they used to)
Steve and Jason are nice folk.

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:52 am
by Morphy | 972 Posts

Hiya Ellen yes would be good to have a natter but don't know what time we will arrive the missus has a flower shop so needs sorting before we set off. We are hope full of setting off and getting there for 17.00 but not 100% yet. As you can see with my posts as far as Eriba or caravans for that matter are concerned we are very green. We are moving up from a tent as the boss has had enough of being cold and no loo in the middle of the night and is putting her foot down.

The dealer or dealer I thought had Eriba's maybe I am wrong and someone will point this out after reading this is Lowdhams of Huddersfield.

Morphy.

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:58 am
by ellen (deleted)

Hi Morphy, I will pm you our phone number incase you fancy a natter. We bought Doo Dah from lowdhams but I am sure that they now only sell the Hymer nova vans. Airstream is the nearest but there is a small dealer at Barrowford that advertises on Preloved UK that are near to you. Hope to meet you at the show. Ellen

Proud owners of Doo-Dah our Familia 310
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:58 am
by Morphy | 972 Posts

Thank you crow steamdrivenandy its a mine field and used Eriba,s at a decent price go so quickly and when you work it is really difficult getting around to see them before they are gone. I have an added problem that I work a lot of weekends and the missus during the week no doubt some where a long the line we will get there. Its just the loss of so much money on new verse used and a used one that may have all the extra's.
Morphy I will get there no doubt. This is a fantastic site though with a lot of info and very friendly helpful people.

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:00 am
by Morphy | 972 Posts

Thank you Ellen,
Morphy.

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:13 am
by Randa france | 13.049 Posts

We've all been there Morphy, especially those of us who like you, came from a camping background.

Whether buying new or used, it's a massive outlay against a good quality tent and we lost much sleep over whether to convert or not. When you add up the cost of insuring it, storing it, maintenance etc it all adds up.

However, having been a convert for four years now we could never see ourselves going back to canvas although we are quite envious of them sometimes when the weather is stunning. We are softies against some on here who even go away for Xmas in their Eribas but we get far more use out of ours that we ever did with the tent.

Think of it as an investment. While you are working you'll not get as much use out of it as you would like but if you look after it, it will still be there when you finally retire and because it's an Eriba, it'll probably still be worth what you pay for it now

And the most important thing......It'll keep the missus sweet

R and A

1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:53 pm
by Randa france | 13.049 Posts

Hi Morphy. I've sent you a Private Message (PM) .

Randa

1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Last edited Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:54 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
6 Members and 85 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12660 topics and 106594 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 6