Good morning to all Newbie also looking for Eriba

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:49 am
by Morphy | 972 Posts

Good morning and hello to everyone, I am a newbie and just starting to look for an Eriba sorted of leaning towards 320 gt boss would like a toilet in the van. I also like the slightly larger eriba triton.

They sell really quick and when you work with few days off it is hard to get a chance to get out and look. We are going to the Birmingham caravan show we don't have a lot of money but thinking it may be better going for new. Any way enjoying reading the forum and other peoples stories and just thing Eriba.

Once more Hi from Morphy.

Last edited Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:49 am | Scroll up

RE: Good morning to all Newbie also looking for Eriba

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:03 am
by Randa france | 13.048 Posts

Hello Morphy and welcome to the forum. Really glad you could join the family

When we were first drawn to the Eriba Touring range a few years ago we also instantly fell in love with the 320. To us it looked to be the correct proportions for a small van and it was the smallest in the Eriba range to have an on-board loo for those quick night time trips for a pee after too much vino the night before.

However, they are like gold dust so you'll have to be pretty quick to get one. This also applies to it's bigger sister, the Triton 420. That model appears to be the favourite of most Eribarists. It's still a two berth with a front kitchen but has longer beds than the 320.

As for us, we tried for a few 320's but when visiting Automotive Leisure one weekend we were sold on a 1999 Troll 530 and are very happy with it.

Regarding your choice of van, do you know what age you're looking for? As you know, all Eribas are very expensive but don't be put off by the age. They are normally well looked after and in the right hands, last for an eternity

What are you thinking of towing it with?

Please feel free to ask as many questions as you like. The more you know about them the better and we are all here to help.

Randa

1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Last edited Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:04 am | Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:01 am
by Morphy | 972 Posts

Good morning Randa thank you for your reply I have a Honda crv 2.2 diesel. We where and had got another caravan but it was really wet through damp from a dealer took it back and got my money it was a Bailey. This worried me put me off caravanning, but a good mate of mine I had not seen for ages is into caravanning and he told me about the Eriba,s and there build quality. Also that he had never had a damp one and over the years had seven in total and he has just bought a puck.

He brought the puck to our house to show us this weekend it is a cracker but my missus would like a toilet. I see they are very expensive and we don't have a lot of money but are maybe looking to go and buy new this is something I don't really want to do.

I am 57 and the missus 51 so what ever way we go so should last us a long time. We have been camping in tents for last few years but the missus wants to upgrade hence the move to the Eriba.
Morphy

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:29 am
by Randa france | 13.048 Posts

I'm sure you are already aware of this company Morphy? http://www.automotiveleisure.co.uk/Usedrange.html

Without being unfair to the other UK dealers, AL as well as dealing with new Eribas, probably also have the greatest number of used Eriba's in the Nation. Most Eriba enthusiasts use AL as a yardstick before committing to purchase. There are also a number of other reliable dealers in the UK (see the links section) and of course you could obviously buy a used one cheaper privately.

One word of warning though. If you become interested in an Eriba being sold on Ebay or similar, run it past the forum first as there are a number of scams going on there.

Your Honda will have no problem in towing any of the Touring range. You'll probably forget it's on the back

Regarding new verses used, there are quite a few on here who have recently bought new and one or two who are awaiting the delivery of their brand new babies.
However, don't be put off by your recent experience with your Bailey. A well looked after used Eriba will last you a lifetime.

Hopefully someone on here with more experience will discuss the issues of damp with you in greater detail.

Regards
Randa

1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Last edited Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:31 am | Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:29 am
by Deeps (deleted)

Morphey,

Like you, up until September of last year were also into tents for our camping trips - a very comfortable, but also very large, Outwell Bear Lake 4. During this last trip out we pulled into a French campsite at the same time as a French couple pulling an Eriba Family. They'd set up the van, got the table and chairs out and were well into a nice tipple of some falling down water or other whilst our tent was still flat on the ground. At this point the decision was made and just before the French couple popped the cork on a second bottle of plonk we hot-footed across and had a look at their van. Whilst lovely, there wasn't enough room to swing the proverbial cat around and that coupled with what appeared to be a pair of four by two's as excuses for beds (give me a hammock any day although a tight squeeze to hang up in an Eriba lol), we very nearly decided to stay with a tent.

All was not lost, however, for taking a look in the brochure we discovered that in fact there are models with more luxurious beds - a must for my boss - and a toilet - a must for me after a tipple or two. This led us to the Triton 430 - not too small and not too big either. The double French bed (why do they call them that for goodness sake?), runs transverse to the van and not length ways so snug as a bug in a rug is the catchphrase of the day. For some reason or other the picture of the Triton 430 in the forum Picture Gallery shows the beds running lengthways which is wrong, either that or this model is different in the UK as over here in Germany.

At a touch over 5m long it's a doddle for the boss to pull into position on the campsite whilst I'm ordering the beers, and easier still with our VW Touran.

Expensive yes, and for the price I would have expected the build quality to have been just a touch better. That said, however, I tend to look at these things with a very critical eye and the plus side of course is that they retain their value quite nicely. This makes them hard to find second hand as you have already discovered. A few owners actually manage to pick them up in Holland and much cheaper to boot but I don't know if this is a route you would want to consider. Either way, any further questions you might have just fire away - there's always someone around with a tip or two.

Triton 430 Internal Layout.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte) 2014-01-20_142242.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

2013 Triton 430, VW Touran TDI BM and a Yellow Submarine of course.

мы прибываем невидимые

Last edited Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:29 pm | Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:02 pm
by hob (deleted)
Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

Hello and welcome, not sure where you are located but this one is available in north Norfolk

Werbung: for sale on ebay .....click here

Bearing in mind what has been said about ebay I know this dealer personally and this one is genuine.
He is the same dealer I got my first Eriba from and he also imported my second one for me he also will look out for Eriba for customers and let them know when he has one available.

If you can't find what you are looking for in the UK they are more readily available on the continent and there are websites and dealerships in Holland selling at reasonable prices (which is where mine came from} ...........there are a few modifications to do for use in the Uk and you can find my topic on this forum as to what needs doing.
If you do find one in Holland and don't wish to go over to collect it Mr Fox (the ebay dealer) can for a fee import it for you.

The following contents have been linked to this post:

Time flies like an arrow...................fruit flies like a banana
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:13 pm
by ellen (deleted)

Hello and welcome Morphy, hope you soon find the Eriba that you are looking for, the one already mentioned for sale on ebay looks to be a good buy. We have a familia but it's the 310, he is called Doo dah. Enjoy the forum, we are all a little on the crazy side here and in my case, a lot on the crazy side Ellen.

Proud owners of Doo-Dah our Familia 310
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:40 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.797 Posts

Morphy

We were tent camping in France about four years ago when a British couple pulled onto the site towing a new Eriba and from that day the search was on.

It took us nine months to find the Triton 420 that we wanted and we live only 12 miles from Automotive Leisure, Poole - the biggest UK Eriba dealer!

Our van was eight years old when we bought it (2003 model) and you'd be amazed how many people asked if it was brand new. Don't worry about buying second-hand as the older models seem to be of better build quality than the new ones. Be prepared for a long search to find exactly what you are looking for though.

If you have any queries, please don't be afraid to ask. The people on here are only too keen to help you.

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:01 pm
by Pop540 (deleted)

to the start of a eriba learning journey

Eriba troll 540 likes constant hugs, and buffs and the odd cuppa.

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:41 pm
by Morphy | 972 Posts

Thank you all for your advice as I have mentioned I am very green on the caravanning side and will take any advice I can. The Eriba we have decided is the way to go so here we go on the search.
Thank You Morphy

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:44 pm
by Morphy | 972 Posts

Thank you Hob does look nice I know I am going to have to travel but not off work until next week and its a fair trundle. It would not be so bad if you were going that way for a couple of days and then be able to use the van on a site. I will continue looking and watching on this site for any more to become available.
Thank you Morphy

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:07 pm
by hob (deleted)

The ebay description will say Norwich but it is near North Walsham in north Norfolk if that helps.

Time flies like an arrow...................fruit flies like a banana
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:59 pm
by Steamdrivenandy (deleted)

I'm not sure how many Eribas you'll actually get to see at the NEC. AL will certainly bring a few, but now they're Dethleff and Knaus dealers too they'll be featuring some of them as well on the stand, which reduces the space for Eribas.

I'd suggest arranging a break down in Poole and immerse yourselves at AL in all their enormous stock of both new and used vans. BTW that was 'a break down' not a 'breakdown'

Amber a Lunar Quasar 464 Sussex Amberley Sussex Caravans dealer special pushing a '59 reg. Kia Cee'd 3 SW 1.6 CRDi Automatic, a rough towing ratio of 86%.
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:48 pm
by Morphy | 972 Posts

Thanks steamdriveandy lovely place down there been a few times camping over last couple of years.
Morphy

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:20 pm
by Piccolo (deleted)

If you want to consider a second-hand one, we are selling our 2003 Troll 540 with lots and lots of extras. We are only selling up because of health issues and are looking for somewhere between £12,000 and £13,000, so a considerable saving over new - and also over AL's second hand prices. It also looks like new. If you wish, you can PM me for more info. You are also v. welcome to come and have a look at her.

likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 9 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12659 topics and 106590 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1