Mobile phone money disappearing

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:52 am
by Steamdrivenandy (deleted)

I use Giff Gaff for our mobiles.
They have a system of Goody bags where you purchase a set of calls/texts/data each month and they only last a month. However I rarely use the Goody bags because it's much, much cheaper for me, with very, very low useage to use their PAYG tariff.
My balance on my

Amber a Lunar Quasar 464 Sussex Amberley Sussex Caravans dealer special pushing a '59 reg. Kia Cee'd 3 SW 1.6 CRDi Automatic, a rough towing ratio of 86%.

Last edited Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:37 am | Scroll up

Mobile phone money disappearing

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:01 am

They have a system of Goody bags where you purchase a set of calls/texts/data each month and they only last a month. However I rarely use the Goody bags because it's much, much cheaper for me, with very, very low useage to use their PAYG tariff.
The balance on my GG account was £16ish 'til last Thursday night at 11.45 when somebody purchased a £15 Goody bag using the funds on my account. The Goody bag can only be used on my phone and I was fast asleep in bed at the time. I discovered the loss last night when I saw my GG balance had shrunk to about £1.
GG say that can only happen if someone used my ID and password but I know of nobody who knows them. And the only possible beneficiary is GG, converting the balance on my account to actual income. Nobody else, certainly no third party stands to gain and I've effectively lost £15.

Amber a Lunar Quasar 464 Sussex Amberley Sussex Caravans dealer special pushing a '59 reg. Kia Cee'd 3 SW 1.6 CRDi Automatic, a rough towing ratio of 86%.
Scroll up

RE: Mobile phone money disappearing

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:02 am
by Eribafolk Admin. (deleted)

Quote: Steamdrivenandy wrote in post #1
My balance on my

Blimey, where's he gone???
Are you alright Andy? Andy, speak to us? Come in Andy?
Oh dear, he's been cut off. Obviously hasn't paid his bill

Last edited Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:36 am | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:06 am
by crow (deleted)

A double post Andy I can tell you are het up about it!
I would be inclined to look around for a similar deal,
and then tell Giff Gaff to bowl their hoop.

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:10 pm
by Sparks | 36 Posts

We also use Giffgaff and haven't noticed this happening (yet). We'll certainly keep a closer eye on our balance now. As you say there's not a lot you can do apart from strongly challenge and or move to another provider. The Giffgaff offering is so good though.

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:16 pm
by hob (deleted)

I sometimes wonder if I am the last person in the world without a mobile phone..........I was recently turned down for membership of a sharing website because a mobile number was a requirement of registration

Vauxhall Insignia Sri towing 2006 Triton 430 import
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:35 pm

I very rarely use the mobile as a phone.

There's the odd text between myself and Mrs SDA (as she's on GG too, they're free).

However I can access the internet via the mobile either on wi-fi or GG. The former means I can sit in our coffee area at the back of our house, or in the garden (weather permitting) and check on Eribafolk, Email etc without entering the study at the front of the house where the desktop PC lives. GG internet access (which piggybacks O2's network) is really neither use nor ornament, unless you're in a built-up area or close to an aerial. GG data access costs, so that's another reason for using wi-fi as much as possible.

Via the internet I can now access spreadsheet and word processing documents via Google Drive, look at Google Maps (even use their rather flaky satnav system), browse the rest of the web, play Hangry Birds and other games if that's your bag, access I Players of various sorts, store and play music which connects to the speakers in my car, keep lists of stuff, use the camera and post the pics to friends and other places, read books and magazines and watch filums.

Not bad for a box thinner but slightly taller than a cigarette packet.

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:18 pm
by Piccolo (deleted)

You do really, really need to get out more, Andy

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:38 pm

Mr P, I AM going out tomorrow, meeting somebody or other for lunch I think.

I'm wondering if somebody has used my ID and password from another website to access my Giff Gaff account, both the site I'm thinking of and Giff Gaff used the same login info?

After all it could only have been done out of malice as there was nothing to be gained financially.

Anyway my passwords both here and on Giff Gaff have now been altered.

Last edited Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:41 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:44 pm
by crow (deleted)

Do you sleep twalk Andy or is someone accessing Giff Gaff
locally because your Wi Fi security is not too good?
Any rogues in your neighbourhood?

Last edited Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:45 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:54 pm

If I sleepwalk Rod it's only for 6ft because I've got a facemask and a 6ft hose attached to a CPAP machine.

Thw WiFi security is very good thanks, our son the video games designer made sure of that.

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:32 pm
by crow (deleted)

Theres no helping some folk

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:46 pm
by Pop540 (deleted)

sounds like your visability is abit to visable
thought it was odd certain adverts were appearing about the subject was looking at. turns out an update had changed security settings allowing some tracking.. perhaps check your system needs a closer check

Eriba troll 540 likes constant hugs, and buffs and the odd cuppa.

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:53 pm
by Piccolo (deleted)

Oh yes, so you are, Andy.

P.S. Is it just me, or have I got so used to reading prose passages that are spelt correctly and use the rules of English grammar and punctuation properly, that I now have some difficulty, to put it politely, in reading pieces that don't?

Last edited Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:59 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:04 pm

I think your eyes are the problem.

Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 96 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12659 topics and 106590 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1