Men hugging and Fiona Bruce

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:07 am
by hampshireman (deleted)

Sorry - but I just don't like it or like to see it. The footballers are all doing it, even the managers plus men all over the place and even one of my pals who is in his early 60s attempted to drag me in when shaking hands, probably because it's trendy and the seen thing. Who started it?

On my other rant - AA Gill in the Sunday Times had a go at Fiona and her latest programme as I did, but he has some odd ways, but there again I like his points of view.

A painting wot i done

Last edited Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:09 am | Scroll up

RE: Men hugging and Fiona Bruce

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:41 am
by Deeps (deleted)

Quote: hampshireman wrote in post #1
Who started it?

No idea but I'd like to strangle him. Over here in Germany not only do we have this hugging business but also the cheek to cheek nonsense as well. In some areas it's side to side - the two cheek smack, whilst in other areas it's a proper Waltz - the three cheek smack. I tend to blame the French for all of this as they tend to go in for all this feminine kind of stuff. That the footballers have long since adopted it doesn't surprise me one little bit cos most of them are big girlies anyway.

Roger probably knows the definitive answer as he spends so much time in France he's got this hugging and kissing business down to a fine art no doubt - in fact it wouldn't surprise me if he hasn't got hollow cheeks by now.

I wonder if it's anything to do with the fact that they don't have proper toilets and don't too much like shaking hands.

2013 Triton 430, VW Touran TDI BM
мы прибываем невидимые - we arrive invisible

Last edited Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:25 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:59 am
by Agger (deleted)

I prefer the rugby approach, a good shake of the hands, and if that doesn't work, snot the tasbard and walk away

These people think they're your friends, I only have 1 friend and I've been married to her for 37 years

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:27 am
by Steamdrivenandy (deleted)

I'm happy to say that when I met my friend Mr Piccolo for lunch yesterday we shook hands in a gentlemanly manner and time honoured fashion, both on meeting and on parting. However I did give the lovely Mrs Piccolo a good couple of snuggles too.

Amber a Lunar Quasar 464 Sussex Amberley Sussex Caravans dealer special pushing a '59 reg. Kia Cee'd 3 SW 1.6 CRDi Automatic, a rough towing ratio of 86%.
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:54 am
by hampshireman (deleted)

I am a big football fan and the rugby - but yes, the rugger idea is best.

A painting wot i done
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:38 pm
by Piccolo (deleted)

I'm just happy that people speak to me at all. If they want a hug as well, who am I to deny them that pleasure. However, it is not something that I personally would initiate - unless, of course, she's absolutely gorgeous.

As for 'snotting the b*****d'. I have no idea what this means but it sounds deeply unpleasant.

What is football?

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:27 pm
by Agger (deleted)

Sorry I'm from Gloucester ir should that be Glawster! "Snotting the tasbard" = Head butt, punch etc sorry it's a rugby thing as for all them kissballers I'm surprised there's not a "gay" fc, not that I have a problem with the gay community I fully embrace them.

Sorry for the last bit but it made me chuckle

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:40 pm
by Eribanut | 2.026 Posts

Yes nothing wrong in huggin a good lookin woman

Sermo datur cunctis; animi sapientia paucis
Tempus fugit; carpe diem
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 82 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12659 topics and 106590 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0