Cheap Tow car dacia Duster 4x4

in We've got it down to a T Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:37 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.618 Posts

If your after a cheap tow car you cant go wrong with the 4x4 Dacia Duster, see the review by Practical caravan magazine in the YouTube link.

I like to pop my top when I go on holiday

Last edited Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:09 pm | Scroll up

RE: Cheap Tow car dacia Duster 4x4

in We've got it down to a T Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:39 pm
by Pop540 (deleted)

the next model is going to be called micro fibre only kidding
nice useful tow car

Eriba troll 540 likes constant hugs, and buffs and the odd cuppa.

Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:14 pm
by Randa france | 13.048 Posts

Quote: Poptop320 wrote in post #1
If your after a cheap tow car you cant go wrong with the 4x4 Dacia Duster, see the review by Practical caravan magazine in the YouTube link.

Well done mate. Hope you've silenced all the know-alls and critics of 18 months ago

1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:19 pm

Your right I don't think the name Duster conjurers up visions of off road prowess, however it is a very capable 4x4 as it uses the same Nissan system as the X trail. I am a bit bias as I've got the diesel 4x4 Laureate model and it tugs my Familia 320 like a train

Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:34 pm

Hi Randa I think as the car has made its presence on the UK roads more and more people are coming around to the idea of a reliable cheap 4x4 that has the backing of the Renault/Nissan group. The press reviews keep piling in to assert it as a good car and it has seen it win many 1sts.
The caravan club also loved it as well, its only achilles heel was the lack of ESC/ASR and it was only available as an extra option, this has now been addressed and it is standard in all the 2014 models. The critics have all gone quiet .

Last edited Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:10 pm | Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:12 am
by crow (deleted)

I parked next to a Duster, and was having a nose around, another chap came over and said,
"all these Japanese cars look the same don't they", he was very surprised when I told him
it was a Renault! I thought it looked brilliant. My eldest boy is talking about buying one and
he has a Megane at the moment.

Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:35 am
by ellen (deleted)

Has anyone taken a close look at the SsangYong Korando? We saw the ssanyong range of vehicles at the caravan show, Manchester last month and although we know nothing about cars these vehicles looked to offer a lot for the money. This 4 x 4 was voted tow car of the year by the cc and in the face of it you can see why, if I remember rightly the warranty was 5yr unlimited mileage and although us Eriba folk don't need a great towing capability this vehicles has got just that. . Ellen.

Proud owners of Doo-Dah our Familia 310
Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:59 pm

I'm pleased with mine Rod, it was the overall package that sold it to me. 5 year warranty for an extra £350, servicing is £120 year, it's is economical, cheap to insure, cheap road tax and its just the right size for an everyday car.

Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:04 pm

I like those Korandos Ellen, I think you live near me in Bury? Richard Cort on Manchester Road near Whitefield sell them.

Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:14 pm
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.731 Posts

Quote: ellen wrote in post #7
Has anyone taken a close look at the SsangYong Korando?
What Car have, Ellen.

They weren't really blown away by it.

And it strikes me that Caravan Club reviews - whatever they're of - are a waste of time.

They never say anything horrid about anything; cars, caravans, woolly hats, torches or picnic blankets.

It's all just too nice. Too polite. Almost as if they're afraid of delivering a few home truths to the companies that supply the items for review.

It's probably a side-effect of all that glucosamine.

Last edited Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:46 pm | Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:46 pm
by Steamdrivenandy (deleted)

Automatic gearbox not available, so it doesn't even get a moments consideration by Team SDA. http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/dacia/duster-2012/

And SSSSSSSangYongs used to be ginormous ugly beasts, but they've improved a bit recently. http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/ssa...0/?section=good

Amber a Lunar Quasar 464 Sussex Amberley Sussex Caravans dealer special pushing a '59 reg. Kia Cee'd 3 SW 1.6 CRDi Automatic, a rough towing ratio of 86%.
Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:19 pm
by MCINND (deleted)

I saw quite a few when in India last December all Nissan badged as Terrano 111 which is a bit different from the big Terrano's I used to own.

David

Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:46 pm

Yes You are right David, Nissan has also badged the Duster in India and called it the Terrano

Attached pictures:
No rights to view attachments. Only file names are shown. Register now!
 Nissan Duster.jpeg 

Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:25 am
by Morphy | 972 Posts

I have the Honda crv 2.2diesel, best car I have ever had slips into four wheel drive when it needs to otherwise stays two wheel drive. This improves economy and prolongs tyre life best of both worlds. It has more than enough torque for eribas coupled with excellent reliability I can recommend these to anyone. It is also like a regular car inside and comfy to drive as any car only being slightly raised in seat height.
Morphy

Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:37 pm

If your interested in a Duster in the near future here is my review and personal thoughts:
I have the 4x4 Diesel Laureate and it has now covered 8000 trouble free miles, the ride is very comfortable and almost feels like you are floating, with no bangs or crashes from the suspension however it is firm enough to carry out its 4x4 duties. The ground clearance on the 4x4 is quite high at 210mm, passenger comfort is good with plenty of space for 5 people. Driving position is excellent with an adjustable front drivers seat that also rises to accommodate my small stature of 5'2'' (the base model access seat does not have adjust for the height). The dials inside are a mix of Nissan and Renault and do take a little while to familiarise yourself with their location, the radio has blue tooth and it can sync to your phone for hands free and play its music, noise insulation inside the cabin is adequate but don't expect it to be a place of tranquillity as there is more road noise than your £28,000 SUV. Boot space is excellent and I can easily get my awning in the back with other paraphernalia without dropping the rear seat. Under the rear load base is a full size spare wheel with plenty of space for tools and car pump etc. The car has a very muscular stance with large flared wheel arches and care has to be taken until you are use to the extra width, its not an oversized car and has the same footprint as a ford focus. The turning circle is excellent and as there is plenty of glass with good all round visibility it makes this a very easy car to live with.
The turbo charged engine is a real surprise the 1.5dci provides plenty of torque at 240Nm 109bhp, the turbo kicks in at approximately 2000 revs and the power delivery is smooth. The 4x4 Duster and Eriba Familia 320 is an excellent combination making for a very stable and comfortable towing experience, the low end torque coupled with the turbo makes the acceleration easy in the top gears and this inspires confidence when required to overtake slower traffic in the 45mpg-60mph band. The Duster has a real trick up its sleeve that is a boon to caravan towing, Dacia in its wisdom did away with a low ratio gearbox and instead gave it a very low 1st gear cog in its six speed box, this is primarily used for off roading, however it is a godsend when dragging a van as when setting off it gives the driver a very quick turn of speed when pulling away from junctions or roundabouts, it also provides bags of engine braking on those very steep hills, also hill starts with the van provides no dramas and it will pull away with ease. The 4x4 system is from Nissan, it has intelligent 4x4 mode which can used in any road condition and when towing and there is a lock mode for when in it is in the sticky stuff.
Fuel economy is good and on a daily commute which is mainly in heavy traffic it will return 44 mpg, on a long journey it will be 49-52 mpg, when dragging my Familia it is usually around the 32 mpg. Reliability has been good and I'm confident it will remain so as it has already been available in Europe for the last three years with it winning awards. The use of tried and tested components from Nissan and Renault has been a major factor for its renowned reliability and durability.
Insurance is cheap at a band 10, servicing is £120 a year and the road tax is £128 plus the car is cheap. CAP has already predicted its residual value will retain up to 34% of its value over three years and 60,000 miles. That's 2 per cent less than rival models from Hyundai, Kia and Skoda.

What the Dacia Duster has give me a is an every day car which is cheap to run, a competent 4x4 and is also an excellent tow car.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 17 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12659 topics and 106590 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0