Eriba Newbie!

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:15 pm
by SlightlyFrazzled (deleted)

Hi - we have just placed an order for a new Troll 530 - pick it up in July. Am solo excited! Is our first caravan so also a bit nervous - so many new things to learn. Have been an avid camper for 25yrs but am just getting too old for it now lol! We are in Mid Sussex x

Scroll up

RE: Eriba Newbie!

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:17 pm
by hob (deleted)

Vauxhall Insignia Sri towing 2006 Triton 430 import
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:34 pm
by Frantone (deleted)

Time passes sooooo slowly when waiting for a new van!

Out of my mind. Back soon!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:39 pm
by Pop540 (deleted)

brilliant, so exciting...

Eriba troll 540 likes constant hugs, and buffs and the odd cuppa.

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:01 am
by Randa france | 13.049 Posts

Quote: SlightlyFrazzled wrote in post #1
Hi - we have just placed an order for a new Troll 530 - pick it up in July. Am solo excited! Is our first caravan so also a bit nervous - so many new things to learn. Have been an avid camper for 25yrs but am just getting too old for it now lol! We are in Mid Sussex x

It gets to us all but we think you'll really enjoy the leap from tenting to Eribaring. It's a long time till July but there's plenty to learn and quite a few bits and pieces to purchase so please don't be afraid to ask as many questions as you like.

We all learn something new every day so your questions also help others on here to obtain answers. Thanks for joining us by the way.

Randa

1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:27 am
by Sparks | 36 Posts

Welcome, I'm sure you'll find loads of interesting stuff and helpful folks here.

We also live in Sussex and have a 530, we'll look out for you in the summer.

Andy

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:33 am
by ellen (deleted)

Proud owners of Doo-Dah our Familia 310
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:29 am
by Aaron Calder | 3.797 Posts

We made the leap from tent to Eriba four years ago and haven't looked back. It's so much more convenient and comfortable.

Be sure to have a 'shakedown' trip somewhere not too far from home before you set off on a major tour and make a list of all the bits and pieces that you wish you'd taken with you.

I did a list of things to check before leaving a campsite which you may find useful. It's stopped me doing stupid things on a number of occasions.

checklist

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:18 am
by Deeps (deleted)

and good advice contained in the above post. We also moved up from tent to Caravan late last year and whilst we haven't actually had an outing with it yet we have booked a pitch in April only some 40km or so from where we live for the purposes of a 'shakedown'. This first trip will only be for a period of four days in which we can get used to the van (Gretel) and she to us of course lol. We'll also use this time to disinfect/flush through the fresh water system even though it's brand new......can't be too careful with water.........and see what we possibly have too much of (can do without), and what additions would add to our enjoyment.
Then a few weeks later we'll move across the border into France for a longer trip of 2 weeks or so, maybe a few odd weekends here and there before the big trip (long distance for us) across the pond for several weeks in the Yorkshire Dales.
Enjoy your new life with the Eriba and keep us posted with some pictures.

2013 Triton 430, VW Touran TDI BM
мы прибываем невидимые - we arrive invisible
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:05 am
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.731 Posts

[quote="Aaron Calder"|p4669e] I hadn't read that list before. I think it's so sweet that you put a question mark at the end of each item.

. Just call me Captain Pedantic. Anyway haven't you got any colouring-in you could be be getting on with?

Oops! Sorry, Pete. Looks like I edited rather than replied to your post.

Last edited Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:54 pm | Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:03 pm
by Frantone (deleted)

When you flush the water system be really carefully with chemical concentration! Even a slight overdose of Milton can cause plastiser to leach from the pipe work into the water causing unpleasant tastes. The late Rob Jax (founder of Eriba Amiga and the common sense behind TEF) explained this to me once but I do not understand the chemistry!
One of the best sources of info is Zappysblog.
http://zappysblog.co.uk/water-system-dis...ks-how-often-2/
TonyP

Out of my mind. Back soon!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:56 pm
by Deeps (deleted)

Um, that link makes for interesting reading although I can't help thinking (cynical I know) that there's an element of 'buy my product' involved here. What makes it more difficult is that it's quite difficult converting mg's (milligrams) to ml's milligrams without first looking up a table of densities. This, along with the fact that I can't seem to find how many milligrams comprises one tablet of Milton Sterilising Tablets.

On the outside of their product (Milton) it states that on should use 1 tablet per 5 litres of water so we're looking at 5 tablets for your average 25 litre fresh water tank.

For the liquid they are stating 30ml for 5 litres of water so we're looking at 150ml for the same average 25 litre tank.

Now matey in that link above is stating that if the fresh water tank is left standing for >6 weeks you should use 25mg/litre which for the 25 litre tank example equates to 675mg or somewhere between one half and three quarters of the 1000mg tablets that he's selling.

The stuff that I bought recently at our local caravan show (packaged quantities for 25 litre tanks thank you) states that it should be left in the tank for 24 hours which is considerably longer than the 2 hours given my matey.

Now that I'm well and truly confused I think that I'll go and lay my head down for an hour or two.

2013 Triton 430, VW Touran TDI BM
мы прибываем невидимые - we arrive invisible
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:58 pm
by Morphy | 972 Posts

What a cracking choice you have made in an Eriba I bought a very damp second hand caravan when me and the missus moved up from camping. Put me right off caravanning until I bumped into a very good friend of mine who told me about the Eriba Puck. The search was on and now we have a new to us Puck just waiting for a bit od weather now.
Morphy

Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 77 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12660 topics and 106594 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1