Hello - new puck owners; woo hoo!

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:59 pm
by Hippiehelen (deleted)

Hi guys, I just wanted to say hello! After over twenty years of VDubbing, we have now bought a little early 70's puck to tow behind the bay, to accommodate the family which has expanded over the last few years! I'll post some pics later xxx

Scroll up

RE: Hello - new puck owners; woo hoo!

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:12 pm
by hob (deleted)

Vauxhall Insignia Sri towing 2006 Triton 430 import
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:16 pm
by Steamdrivenandy (deleted)

There seems to be a small trend of T2 owners buying Pucks recently.

What nags at the back of my brain is what sort of tow weight limits T2s have with such a relatively low power petrol engine?

Amber a Lunar Quasar 464 Sussex Amberley Sussex Caravans dealer special pushing a '59 reg. Kia Cee'd 3 SW 1.6 CRDi Automatic, a rough towing ratio of 86%.
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:33 pm
by crow (deleted)

Look forward to your photos. VW and Puck are a classic combination,
only bettered by Eribacar and Puck!
http://www.justkampers.com/
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/

Last edited Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:28 pm | Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:10 pm
by Deeps (deleted)

2013 Triton 430, VW Touran TDI BM
мы прибываем невидимые - we arrive invisible
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:36 pm
by Randa france | 13.048 Posts

Wow Helen, great news. Can't wait to see some pics of your Vdub and Puck.

As Andy says, there are a few VW bus owners with Pucks or Pans on here now and also a few with T5's and Tritons/Trolls.

Randa

1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:00 pm
by Morphy | 972 Posts

We are just getting our new to us Puck ready for the first outing can not wait.
Morphy

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:06 pm
by hampshireman (deleted)

Ex 73T2 owner here with now a PuckL and hello.

A painting wot i done
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:20 pm
by Pop540 (deleted)

Eriba troll 540 likes constant hugs, and buffs and the odd cuppa.

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:18 pm
by Blueyonder (deleted)

I wish we could have a T2 to go with the new Triton (we're still waiting on) but both of us are wusses when it comes to automechanics and all, so we wimped out and bought a new T5. I spent my childhood in a T2 and it was luverly. So good to see so many VW people towing Eribas

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:51 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.618 Posts

I like to pop my top when I go on holiday
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:39 pm
by Simon k (deleted)

Another T2 and Puck owner here, welcome on board

www.onemanandhispuck.blogspot.co.uk
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:00 pm
by TonyH69 (deleted)

Hi There, what engine have you in the T2. We pick our puck up at Easter. Will travelling across to Europe for a week and will pick up the Puck from Belgium. Touring in our 1970 Early Bay. 1.6 SP Engine.

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:43 pm
by Simon k (deleted)

We have 1600 sp no problems. Need to be a bit patient every now and then!

www.onemanandhispuck.blogspot.co.uk
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:18 pm
by Steamdrivenandy (deleted)

I keep wondering what sort of weight a T2 is supposed to tow, did they have weight plates back in the 70's? If they exist are they generally still extant and if you swap engines how do you go about ascertaining what a T2 with a different motor to the original will pull? There must be a story there with so many Eribas being mated to (not 'with', heaven forfend!) T2s?

Amber a Lunar Quasar 464 Sussex Amberley Sussex Caravans dealer special pushing a '59 reg. Kia Cee'd 3 SW 1.6 CRDi Automatic, a rough towing ratio of 86%.
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 83 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12659 topics and 106590 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0