That's me now without the leg brace.

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:40 am
by MCINND (deleted)

Update on my progress since the operation on my left leg after tearing my quadriceps tendon out in India at start of December.
It was 12 weeks since the operation on Wednesday 5th March and I was allowed to remove the leg brace.
I've now gone two and a bit days without and although walking is still very slow and careful its great to be free of the metal and the velcro strapping.
I continue on twice weekly sessions with the physiotherapist for a further 5 weeks then hopefully it will be just doing the exercises and back to as near as normal by the end of the year.

David

Scroll up

RE: That's me now without the leg brace.

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:57 pm
by Morphy | 972 Posts

I know the pain is almost unbearable I ripped my calf muscle ouch! thought I had been shot dropped like a sack of spuds. Hospital wrongly diagnose strained muscle walk on it will be alright. Another week past before I went back in absolute agony then the right diagnostic was made. Takes some time to get right though my heart goes out to you on this one.
Good luck hope it gets right soon Morphy.

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:10 pm
by hampshireman (deleted)

Good for you and pleased to hear it. I still have scaffolding in both legs below the knees following the fractures and it's likely to stay there, watch out when I need to fly, but take it gently and do what you're told and you'll be good again.

A painting wot i done
Puck 225L pushing CMax 1.9TDI Ghia
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:26 pm
by crow (deleted)

I dislocated my shoulder before Christmas and was in so much pain that I went back to casualty
thinking perhaps it was broken. Finally saw a physio who gave me some exercises to do and
I took my painkillers and did the exercises and the range of movement I have recovered is far
greater than he expected at this stage.
As hampshire man says "take it gently and do what you're told and you'll be good again".

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:05 pm
by Eribanut | 2.026 Posts

Aint old age a pain ?

Sermo datur cunctis; animi sapientia paucis
Tempus fugit; carpe diem
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:52 am
by crow (deleted)

It is if you have chickens! I had just put them away for the night and was heading for the house,
when the waterlogged turf ripped off under my feet and I landed all 15+ stone on one arm.

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:18 pm
by Eribanut | 2.026 Posts

Quote: crow wrote in post #6
It is if you have chickens! I had just put them away for the night and was heading for the house,
when the waterlogged turf ripped off under my feet and I landed all 15+ stone on one arm.

Ouch........... Bet you shouted "oh flip that was silly of me"

Sermo datur cunctis; animi sapientia paucis
Tempus fugit; carpe diem
Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 73 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12660 topics and 106594 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1