RE: Wheel Clamp

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:29 pm
by Randa france | 13.048 Posts

Best get the answer from the horse's mouth me thinks https://www.purpleline.co.uk/products-nemesis-ultra.php
Let us know, if you get the answer.
Randa

1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:37 pm
by Jams22 (deleted)

Have tried to call twice - rings and no reply. Have emailed - will have to choose something quickly so I can insure the van before I pick it up!

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:39 pm

Sorry about that. Typical isn't it.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:08 pm
by Jams22 (deleted)

They emailed to say it does fit - however Jason is recommending the SAS superclamp duo.......I think the Nemesis looks better?

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:08 pm

The Nemesis looks less bulky as well. You have to consider that if you're touring then the more compact and easier to fit, the better
To protect our lock from rain and dust ingress we cover it with a wheel cover after fitting. We started doing this after the occasion where, after a week's camping in the glorious but windy South of France, we had packed everything away but couldn't get the trailer lock undone because the barrel was full of driven sand.
Randa

Last edited Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:09 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:29 pm
by jongrindall (deleted)

I've just bought a 2012 430GT, and my insurance company (Camping & Caravanning Club) will only accept the Al-Ko secure diamond, or the SAS Winterhoff diamond, neither of which I can track down. Alko don't seem to make a wheel lock for a 2012 Eriba, and SAS Winterhoff only seems to relate to the hitchlock. Can anyone point me in the right direction for either?

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:01 pm
by Magpie | 673 Posts

I've just taken delivery of a Milenco compact plus wheel clamp and they've sent me one for a Bailey caravan!!! Now there's an insult!!

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:13 pm

Quote: A guest wrote in post #36
I've just bought a 2012 430GT, and my insurance company (Camping & Caravanning Club) will only accept the Al-Ko secure diamond, or the SAS Winterhoff diamond, neither of which I can track down. Alko don't seem to make a wheel lock for a 2012 Eriba, and SAS Winterhoff only seems to relate to the hitchlock. Can anyone point me in the right direction for either?

Hi Jon. I think you're right. It doesn't look as though the AL-KO Diamond was designed to fit Eriba Touring Models http://secure.al-ko.co.uk/ and there's been a name change for the SAS Winterhoff, now called a BPW Diamond Caravan Guard.
There are many other insurance companies out there who will insure your van without dictating the type of locks you need to use, to validate the policy.
Randa

Last edited Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:38 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:58 pm
by Frantone (deleted)

Is the 'requirement' to enable a discount on the policy price or in order to get any insurance at all?

likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:29 pm
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.731 Posts

Quote: Frantone wrote in post #39
Is the 'requirement' to enable a discount on the policy price or in order to get any insurance at all?
Quite. It's all a bit of a nonsense anyway.

Mr Towergate isn't about to drive up to where you're camping and do a random check to make sure your wheel clamp is on, is he? If he did, you could feign surprise and say, "Christ on a bike! Will you look at that! Some feckless git has nicked my clamp!"

If the same feckless git - or even a different one - nicks the van there's no way of the insurers knowing whether you had the clamp on it at the time or not.

It might be tempting fate to mention that so few of these little vans seem to get pinched anyway. Unlike bigger (much bigger) wobbly boxes, they aren't of much use to anyone intent on stealing it to live in it.

Not that I'm discouraging anyone from doing what the insurers tell you to do of course, but a cynical kind of cove might just think it was a rubber stamping exercise...

, Keith and Sue, and like this post!
Last edited Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:36 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:03 pm
by eribanaut | 1.228 Posts

Of course an insurance assessor might wish to see the damaged clamp, as the thieves are hardly likely to steal that.
Dave

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:18 am
by Agger (deleted)

Quote: eribanaut wrote in post #41
Of course an insurance assessor might wish to see the damaged clamp, as the thieves are hardly likely to steal that.
Dave

Most caravans are stolen with the locks in place either dragged or lifted onto the back of a low loader, only a small number have the locks cut off in situ and even then the debris is usually taken and dumped by the offenders on route to try and evade either human or machine dna (the latter being the transfer of particulate's from the cutting machine to the wheel lock)

Likes to wax and have a smooth finish!

They teach you truth is good, then when you tell the truth everyone get's offended!
Pepé Le Pew likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:07 am
by sibillini | 236 Posts

Sorry, but it is not true that the C&CC only accept the Alko Secure Diamond or SAS Winterhoff Diamond wheel-locks. The actual phrase used in the policy document is "an Approved Security Device", thus the Milenco Compact Plus Wheelclamp we use and find very good is Approved under the terms of the policy.

The actual phrase used on the C&CC website ( but not in the policy) pertaining to the Alko and SAS is "Up to 20% discount for an approved wheel lock (such as AL-KO Secure Wheel Lock)", the Alko is thus an example of an approved wheelock.

If you think about it, only modern vans have the receivers fitted for the Alko/SAS and the C&CC would be severely restricting their insurance market if they only approved these devices.

Charlie

2002 Eriba Troll 540 (Elsie) cosying up to a Honda CRV 2.2 diesel
and Magpie like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue May 16, 2017 3:15 pm
by Codders (deleted)

Charlie - I've just read your post - I certainly recognise what you say about the wording on the C&CC site. I realise this is quite an old thread but I'm just in the process of trying to insure my soon to be delivered 230gt and C&CC have just told me that only an Alco or BPW lock will give me the discount - nearly £90!! I fancied the the Milenco Compact C. So how do you answer the question about wheel lock - I didn't get the impression that saying "authorised" was going to work - only a confirmation that one of the 2 above was fitted?

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed May 17, 2017 4:11 pm
by DEREK NEVIN (deleted)

I like the idea of the Nemesis Ultra seeing I don't have the Alko receiver on the chassis mines a troll 550 gt with alloys so previously heard it fits the Troll 530 so I would imagine it will fit unless anyone knows any different?IMG_1532.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 52 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12659 topics and 106590 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0