RE: Isabella ‘Loggia’ 3m Sun Canopy for Eriba Triton 420 (2016 Model)

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:04 pm
by GT runner | 291 Posts

Mines not the Shadow Morphy. Its the actual Eriba canopy made by Isabella. I will try and attach a pic for you. Its 3m x 3m with a pointy roof.

Attached pictures:
No rights to view attachments. Only file names are shown. Register now!
 A21E5B34-2D00-46FE-A59B-95D8E8F2E904.jpeg 
 EA4457C3-2558-4EA9-A78E-C801E2E4EFF9.jpeg 

Morphy likes this post!
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:02 pm
by Morphy | 966 Posts

Yes it is very nice that, it is all down to personal choice I don't think anything is wrong or right depends down to as I say personal choice. You pays your money and takes your chance. We have had a couple different types of awnings and to be honest for us any way the Loggia suits our needs especially with the Jormax 5 mins up 5 mins down. Light and easy to carry we have the 540gt long bench seats so if it is totally inclement we are in anyway with the debatable TV on.

Every one is different and that is good I usually like to see what there is out there equipment wise or anything really, and if we like it we get it. That is why we like attending the Eriba meets we have picked up a lot of knowledge and ideas from these meets. there are a great set of guys on here. Morphy

New Troll 540GT on the way Silver Skoda Octavia Scout residing in sunny Lancashire.
GT runner likes this post!
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:59 pm
by Morphy | 966 Posts

Here you go Robbie the Jormax to the right a bit wonky looks a lot better when straight Morphy IMG_E1719.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

New Troll 540GT on the way Silver Skoda Octavia Scout residing in sunny Lancashire.

GT runner likes this post!
Last edited Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:00 pm | Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:13 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.307 Posts

Is that gap between the pen sides to get the sheep in. If where is the fate?

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Last edited Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:13 pm | Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:59 pm
by Morphy | 966 Posts

What you like Colin joking aside Jormax actually make a gate so you can have an opening and shutting gate within your windbreak Morphy

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:18 pm
by GT runner | 291 Posts

Thanks Morphy. I really like your set up. Like the silver Jormax that matches your GT Eriba colour. Ok you’ve spurred me on to set mine up and take some photo’s. Thanks again, Robbie

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:05 pm
by Peter Shaw (deleted)

Hi, your comments are interesting and I wonder if you would mind confirming which Isabella canopy (for the Eriba) you refer to, please? I have not seen one as big as 3m x 3m for the Eriba. Many thanks.

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:06 pm
by WaMa (deleted)

Hi, Like you we have just purchased a Triton. Looking at the loggia and noticed that you appear to have brought one. Does it catch on the door? what are your thoughts? Maggie

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:55 pm
by Peter Shaw (deleted)

Hi, no I haven’t bought one, sorry...so unable to comment. Looking at photographs I would say it appears the door will catch but with care is likely not to present a problem.

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Tue Jul 19, 2022 5:37 pm
by Terryc | 104 Posts

We have a loggia it just misses the door ,so much better than the shadow you can sit under it in rain with out getting wet ,also a good sun shade ,a lot bigger than shadow,,,

likes this post!
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:37 pm
by GT runner | 291 Posts

Hi Peter, Its called the Ventura and made by Isabella. On the Troll it measures 3.28m x 3.0m. I have put and picture of it in my earlier post at the top of this page and you can find it at www.eriba.com in their original parts page. Here is the link https://www.hymer-original-zubehör....94/sCategory/72

Robbie

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:06 pm
by Randa france | 12.870 Posts

Back to the drawing board with our Isabella 360

Having decided to stick with the Isabella Shadow instead of the Loggia 3metre sun canopy, we decided to get a 360 which we believed would just fit our Troll and it does. We've used it extensively this year on our long tour of France and for the past month in Scotland.

It has worked better than the old Shadow 300 we had for 5 years previously as it has the extra length to shade us and protect us from rain showers and by creating a "V" shape in the centre during heavy rain it works just as well as the old one did. Two tensioned and splayed guy ropes on the centre pole are better than just one.

I've been reading about the way that others have managed to shed rain water off the shadow without creating a "V" shaped centre and have been experimenting with some success dropping the two corner poles and leaving the middle pole tall thus creating a chalet roof effect.

I was encouraged when we saw and loved Morphy's Loggia in Scotland S IMG_3821.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

and also Inspecta_Gadget's method of keeping the centre tall on his standard Isabella Shadow 300 SA IMG_3821.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

By using a spare roof pole we managed to replicate the two ideas above and all was well during the normal changeable weather and strong winds we experienced throughout the rest of our trip.

However, last Tuesday we encountered the mother of all thunder storms with torrential rain and within seconds the rainfall onto the shadow roof was stronger than the two pitched sides could cope with. Had we been off camp then the whole structure would have collapsed. We spent the next 40 minutes constantly pushing out large, heavy "gumboils" of water and at the first opportunity we resorted back to the middle valley drainage which was able to cope with the downpour.

Therefore the lesson we learned is to go back to the traditional way of erecting the Shadow. Tall in the centre while we are at the campsite but to create the V shaped gutter if we intend going out or at night. It's only a two minute fix after all.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Simboc2004 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:39 pm

Roger,
I was lucky enough to pick up a now discontinued Wigo canopy off a forum member before the summer. This is over 2.3m in depth. It has a cut in the awning cord at 1.9m in from each end so you can drop either end depending upon wind direction or shade required. We used this for 4 of our 5 weeks away this summer and we are very pleased with it. The V method proved more effective in diverting the water than on our Isabella Shadow [now sold] as I rigged up an end roof pole out of the Fiamma Caravanstore rafter we carry.
In anticipation of a new [Feeling] van in the years to come, I contacted somebody to make a bespoke canopy of similar design but obviously a little larger. Material only, no poles or guys it would cost about £320, so it is an another option members could consider.

P1050488-1600.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)P1050570-1600.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)P1050573-1600.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)P1050486-1600.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)P1050487-1600.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Randa france likes this post!
Last edited Tue Aug 23, 2022 4:27 pm | Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:27 pm
by Randa france | 12.870 Posts

OK. A lovely day today and a bag of fibreglass poles from our recently deceased Clairval awning. With a bit of cutting and swapping end fixings we've come up with this which we are fairly pleased with.

We'll still drop the centre into "gutter mode" at the first sign of extreme rain though.

S IMG_4137.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)S IMG_4138.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)s IMG_4139.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte) (outside pole(s) )

S IMG_4140.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)S IMG_4141.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte) (centre pole)

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Terryc and GT runner like this post!
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:55 pm

Well done that man.

Colin

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 5 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12523 topics and 105651 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1