Isabella ‘Loggia’ 3m Sun Canopy for Eriba Triton 420 (2016 Model)

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:24 pm
by Peter Shaw (deleted)

Hi, Being new to this great forum, I recently posted a question regarding the use of the Isabella ‘Shadow’ Sun Canopy. As an alternative, I am considering the Isabella ‘Loggia’ 3m Sun Canopy, and wonder if anyone has any experience of this on the Triton, please? The Shadow appears to be quite popular but provides limited shade being 2m projection, whereas the Loggia is 2.7m. In spite of this, does the Shadow offer advantages perhaps making it a worthy contender? Your comments would be very much appreciated, thank you.

Scroll up

RE: Isabella ‘Loggia’ 3m Sun Canopy for Eriba Triton 420 (2016 Model)

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:42 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.308 Posts

I have used a 2m deep Shadow for several years and it does need some preparation for rain. We use the 3m version on our 2017 Triton and this is the correct length.
We are for the first year trying a Wigo (no longer sold) that is 2.5m deep and the extra depth is very useful.
I noticed a Loggia on a Dutch van last week and it does need some type of ridge support and careful pegging for it not to pool water. With practice I cannot see why this could not be mastered and think it is a good idea.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

GT runner and like this post!
Last edited Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:43 pm | Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:27 pm
by GT runner | 291 Posts

I think the Loggia comes with a centre ridge pole that has a angle on it to keep the ridge raised. I have been looking at this too and very tempted to get one as at 2.7m and a raised ridge I think it beats the shadow option.

likes this post!
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:29 pm
by Terryc | 104 Posts

I have one very easy put up 2.7m deep .sturdier than the shadow ,well happy

and eribaMotters like this post!
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:35 pm
by Peter Shaw (deleted)

Thanks for your comments! Do you have any issues with water run off, and does the door rub on the canopy? It appears there is an eyelet on each side close to the awning rail for a guy rope to keep the canopy from ‘moving’. Is this something worth taking into account, please? Our Triton is new to us so trying to learn what’s most effective. Appreciate your help.

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:12 pm
by Morphy | 966 Posts

I have the loggia bought this year used it once for a week so far. As I understand it if left up over night best to drop corner pole for easy water run off. I really like the Loggia for ease of putting up taking down and it feels good quality. I use the Jormax windbreaks either side the Loggia. Morphy

New Troll 540GT on the way Silver Skoda Octavia Scout residing in sunny Lancashire.
, Terryc and Adrian Reeves like this post!
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:20 am
by Peter Shaw (deleted)

Helpful information, thanks! Jormax sounds a good idea, would you know if the mesh type are significantly less effective as a a wind break?

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:59 pm
by Terryc | 104 Posts

Have 2x Isabella Ventus windbreak’s with Mesh don’t notice any difference

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:43 pm
by Peter Shaw (deleted)

Thanks and both interesting and helpful.

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:10 pm
by Morphy | 966 Posts

Hiya sorry Peter not been on since last reply we are at Sennen Cove at the moment very windy and the Jormax have stood up to some serious wind. Not really noticed much wind passing through the holes it will let some through I should imagine solid would completely block out all wind. But the solid will also block out all your view I suppose it is a trade off but for us we really do like the mesh top. Morphy

New Troll 540GT on the way Silver Skoda Octavia Scout residing in sunny Lancashire.
GT runner likes this post!
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:19 pm
by Peter Shaw (deleted)

Thank you for your reply, I carefully take note of what you say. Really loving the friendly help provided on the forum. Peter

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:27 pm
by GT runner | 291 Posts

Hi Morphy, How about posting a picture of your set up with the Loggia and Jormax combo. I think a lot on here would be interested to see it. Thanks, Robbie

Last edited Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:28 pm | Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:30 pm
by Morphy | 966 Posts

Hiya Robbie will do we are at Tavistock now first time I put them up together I will take a photo. Some one already has a phot of the Jormax and Loggia up on this site. I can not remember who it was some time during last year I think Morphy

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:58 pm
by GT runner | 291 Posts

Hi Murphy, thanks for that. Would be great to see the 2 together. I have bought the Eriba canopy that is made by Isabella. I have not had time to set it up yet. But my idea was to use this with the Jormax windscreens. Its a bit bigger than the Loggia at 3m x 3m and I like the peaky style canopy, but the Loggia is my guilty secret. Robbie

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:54 am
by Morphy | 966 Posts

No worries Robbie I think the Loggia is 3m x 2.7m the Isabella shadow as far as I know is 3m x 2m. I am not hundred percent on those figures some one will be along to correct me if I am. Morphy

Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 32 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12523 topics and 105653 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3