RE: Hi from John

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Fri Jul 14, 2023 10:00 pm
by Johnboy (deleted)

Thanks - unfortunately one of the stages you mentioned “you now need to make sure the damper is not compressed on the van which would show up as the rubber gater being compressed. “ currently means very little. So much to learn. First I need to find out about compressed dampers.

Seat Ateca Triton 430 2023
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Fri Jul 14, 2023 10:13 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.328 Posts

John, do not worry, the learning curve is steep but it levels out very quickly on the basics.
Behind the caravan hitch you will find a rubber gater. or bellows. Have a look here:- https://ukshop.alko-tech.com/search?q=bellows
You will soon be able to tell if they are compressed or extended.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Fri Jul 14, 2023 10:37 pm
by Johnboy (deleted)

Thanks Colin. I’ve just been reading up on van braking systems and it’s starting to make sense. My old Campervan was certainly easier but my Eriba is going to be so much more fun I’m sure. Great forum and really appreciate the support. Tickets to watch my first attempt at unhitching and getting my van down the drive will be on sale soon. 😀

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sat Jul 15, 2023 8:24 am
by eribaMotters | 5.328 Posts

John, if you have an odd bit of 9mm plywood lying around I would advise you to make a protective panel like the one shown to the right in this photo.
Now that most cars have swan neck tow balls and not the flange mounted ones with a couple of big bolts, they are lacking any bumper protection from a back plate if the van happens to roll forwards slightly.
My bit of plywood has a couple of rubber pads on the back and now has a slot at the bottom. I slot it over the swan neck and slip an elastic band around a point on the hitch then into the slot to hold it in place. It's a bit primitive but has served me well.

Colin

4 - gas locker-800.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings

Simboc2004 likes this post!
Last edited Sat Jul 15, 2023 8:27 am | Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sat Jul 15, 2023 10:09 am
by Randa france | 12.890 Posts

Quote: Johnboy wrote in post #16
Thanks - unfortunately one of the stages you mentioned “you now need to make sure the damper is not compressed on the van which would show up as the rubber gater being compressed. “ currently means very little. So much to learn. First I need to find out about compressed dampers.

Hi John. Here's a photo of a "compressed damper". As you can see, the rubber gaiter bellows that protect the damper within, is tightly compressed. To pull the damper from compression to tension, it'll need to be pulled to the right (see arrow). Please note that the picture shows the tow hitch and damper upside down and the red ball in the picture is not there when towing. It's part of a tow hitch locking system.

compressed damper.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
eribaMotters likes this post!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Jul 17, 2023 8:39 am
by Johnboy (deleted)

That’s very helpful thanks. It’s all becoming a little clearer 😀

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Jul 17, 2023 8:42 am
by Johnboy (deleted)

That seems like a good idea and solution thanks

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Jul 17, 2023 9:09 pm
by dinky | 211 Posts

we have no hot water however we do have a super kettle airpot (believe superkettle website is no longer) amazon have airpots around same price point.
we fitting a mini dishwasher sometime, once get measured up, to save needing to stand awhile to wash and save time energy heating water to wash up. they around 800watts and 6litres of water poured in top, so no plumbing required only need a bucket to collect.
am thinking of getting a induction hob vango sizzle are 800watts reading reviews only work with pure sine wave inverters..
we have solar inverter and a battery. there lots of eriba options, they had a gt pack may wish to look into. that used to do blow air heating with the ultra heat.
congratulations on finding your eriba.

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue Jul 18, 2023 8:03 am
by Johnboy (deleted)

Thanks Colin I’m going to copy and paste your guide and print it off. Good man 👍🏻

eribaMotters likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 16 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12541 topics and 105788 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0