RE: Emptyish Caravan & Motorhome Club Sites

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Aug 20, 2023 10:14 pm
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.116 Posts

Yes Inspecta G

As I said in the original post that I think the high cost of new Eribas is putting people off buying. Also I think the unseasonably bad weather with high winds and torrential rain will see a lot of people off camping in general, in particular tenting. New tents seem to be more robust than they used to be but what is the joy of being on grass when it rains every day and places get muddy.

We were flooded at Poolsbrook C & M C site near Sheffield in July and some caravaners who relied on their awnings for their dogs to sleep in just gave up and went home........................we understood why. Fortunately we were only using our Isabella Shadow and had very little outside the van.

I guess we will see next year on the effect all this will have

MikeT

Simboc2004 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Aug 21, 2023 2:11 pm
by Old Rocker | 491 Posts

Arrived at Buxton CMC site yesterday, probably about 2/3 full, after this morning now at about 1/4 occupancy.
2 540 new style and 1 familia new style on site when we arrived

2022 Troll 530, Volvo XC60 2,4 R design

Now all he believes are his eyes, and his eyes they just tell him lies
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Aug 21, 2023 5:16 pm
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.001 Posts

The trip we were on 'til yesterday involved 2 nights in a friend's paddock, 4 nights at Barnard Castle CMC, 3 nights at Higham Hall, near Keswick where Mrs SDA was leading a singing holiday and 6 nights at Englethwaite Hall CMC and we didn't see one Eriba Touring the whole trip, except a newish 320 going round a roundabout near Stanley, Co Durham pushing a Land Rover Defender (old type). .

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Skoda Karoq 1.5 Petrol DSG and a 420. A Bailey Phoenix + 420, with oven, microwave, shower cubicle, solar panel, ATC and external gas point.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Aug 22, 2023 12:27 am

When we went to Meathop Fell at the start of the month we only saw 3 Eribas, and they were on the M6, in the 4 days we were there

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Aug 22, 2023 3:14 pm
by Johnboy (deleted)

Just returned from Norfolk and stayed at the west Runton C&C site. That was really full. Next door is the C&M site and that wasn’t so full. I’m guessing the price difference between the sites is big part of the reason.

Seat Ateca Triton 430 2023
Simboc2004 and SOULBLUESMAN68 like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:27 am
by Simboc2004 | 650 Posts

How were the flies at the C&C site at West Runton? I stayed there a goodly number of years ago and remember it as the worst I'd ever experienced. Funny how these things stop you going back somewhere...

I remember going to the Kielder Forest campsite and being told I couldn't book in for more than two nights as the midges meant most people couldn't bear it for longer than that...

Poppy, our 2005 Eriba 430GT, leading our Volvo V70 astray...

Last edited Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:28 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Aug 25, 2023 2:23 pm
by Old Rocker | 491 Posts

Update on Buxton it's 14.20 pm and the site is almost full, Bank Holiday weekends for you eh! vast majority are Motorhomes a very ancient Hymermobile has parked opposite us

2022 Troll 530, Volvo XC60 2,4 R design

Now all he believes are his eyes, and his eyes they just tell him lies
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Aug 26, 2023 12:24 am

Something similar happened to us when we were still tenting and were trying out a new Berghaus 4 man Airbeam tent that had just come onto the UK market (and we got an amazing deal on it.....................)

We went to a C & C C site near to Culzean Castle near Troon one Whit. The wardens were ace but said that we had come at not a great time as the midges would be arriving in the next few days because of the temperatures. H e said that we would see them coming in from the Isle of Arran direction and hear the zipping of tent doors.

Sure enough at dusk they came in in swarms and we had to zip everything up. The Scottish kids continued playing out but had those midge hats on with a mesh over their faces and necks. It was a strange experience......

MikeT

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Aug 26, 2023 12:56 am
by Julie Grafo | 3.460 Posts

Similar experience in the Dark Peak area near Manchester, C&CC site, Crowden. Clouds of the little blighters first thing in the morning, it was like fog. Zipped up the tent and went back to bed, two hours later, all gone.

Julie & Neil. 2008 530GT pushing Honda CR-V 1.6 iDTEC SE+
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:18 am

Just returned from Burrs C & MC site near Bury. We arrived on the Tuesday and the site was half empty, although they did tell us that they were fully booked over the Bank Holiday weekend.

interestingly Burrs, which is open all year, has a really large fully-serviced pitches area at one end and this area was unbelievably empty - just a couple of caravans on two of the nights. Wonder if these dearer ones not being booked is a reacion to the higher prices?

MikeT

Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 20 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12523 topics and 105666 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1