Shower

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:32 pm
by bradbos | 31 Posts

We have a 1999 triton with a bathroom. Looks like it has a shower curtain but can anyone tell us how it’s used as we can’t figure it out!

Scroll up

RE: Shower

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:33 pm
by bradbos | 31 Posts

Sorry should have said shower curtain pole.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Aug 08, 2023 7:55 am
by zippy | 70 Posts

If its the steel pole like the one in the wardrobe I think its more of a hanging rail for wet items maybe

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:25 am
by bradbos | 31 Posts

Maybe for hanging wet towels on then?

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:59 am
by Julie Grafo | 3.460 Posts

Very useful for wet coats in our lovely summer weather. We use butchers hooks to hang things on.

Julie & Neil. 2008 530GT pushing Honda CR-V 1.6 iDTEC SE+
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:03 am
by Randa france | 12.875 Posts

Quote: Julie Grafo wrote in post #5
Very useful for wet coats in our lovely summer weather. We use butchers hooks to hang things on.

Except meat ..................................

Couldn't resist that both. It seems very strange you talking about butchers.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Aug 08, 2023 1:59 pm

Yes, definitely not hanging meat on our butchers hooks, they’re like footman loops, got one of those, haven’t got a footman 😁

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:49 pm
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.005 Posts

If it lifts up and is removable it has nothing to do with a shower and is a rail for damp clothing.

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Skoda Karoq 1.5 Petrol DSG and a 420. A Bailey Phoenix + 420, with oven, microwave, shower cubicle, solar panel, ATC and external gas point.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Aug 09, 2023 2:14 pm
by Islay | 215 Posts

You can't really shower in there unless you're built like a snake! (I hope I'm not being too personal here!) I have a lovely tent and a solar shower! I know some people who put the shower hose out the window.

Triton 430 from 1998 and Renault Mégane.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:15 pm
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.722 Posts

The only way I’d ever consider trying to have a shower in there would be to roll myself up tight in the shower curtain and squirt the water in from the top to make sure it all goes into the tray thing on the floor.

The ‘bathroom’ (in our Troll, at least) isn’t watertight, not by a long way. I don’t want water getting into places it isn’t supposed to be, and it would.

Shower hose out of the window into one of those pop-up toilet tents to preserve your last shred of dignity and Islay’s your mother’s brother.

Islay, Simboc2004, addisb and SOULBLUESMAN68 like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Aug 11, 2023 10:10 am
by Stan Doori | 214 Posts

The best thing we did was have a propex 10 litre water heater into our old Triton. Showering is fine. We put up the shower curtain to protect the wooden door. The rest is plastic so it doesn't matter if it gets wet. I sealed all round the shower tray and put a pipe from the shower tray so waste goes into the wastemaster. We're not contortionists or the size of elves and we manage fine. The main thing is we can now camp anywhere there' s EHU if we want hot water. We mainly stay on CLs and CSs.

Triton 430 1997 Jubilé
Magpie, dbvwt and Alan like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Aug 11, 2023 12:44 pm

We camp anywhere there’s EHU using a Hozelock camping shower, think garden sprayer but with a shower head. If the awning curtains are closed, don’t come in. Stand in a shallow builders bucket, job sorted 😁

addisb, Islay, SOULBLUESMAN68 and Magpie like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Aug 11, 2023 8:37 pm
by rp163 | 5 Posts

We've also got a hozelock camping shower and a pop up toilet tent from decathlon. It works really well. We heat water in the combi boiler in the troll and fill the hozelock with it. The water pressure is great from the hozelock shower and the water goes much further than using the shower in the troll.

Julie Grafo and Islay like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Aug 12, 2023 12:12 pm
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.117 Posts

I had a novel way of showering this summer that worked staying at C & MC site at Poolsbrook.

We had the thunderstorm of all thunderstorms and in an attempt to stop the Isabella sun canopy from collapsing as it turned into a canvas swimming pool I accidently knocked the middle pole down and the several gallons of water gave me an instant all over shower in my T-shirt & shorts. I can highly recommend it as it was very invigorating on a sultry afternoon.......................................kath thought it was brilliantly funny to watch

Other than that I am too large to shower in our Troll bathroom but the external Hozelock might work.

MikeT

Steve and Debbie likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Aug 12, 2023 12:35 pm
by Magpie | 672 Posts

Yes, it can be done! I had some mobility problems this summer so some ‘sanitaires’ presented problems. When necessary, O.H. and dogs were kind enough to vacate to the awning. Following an Eriba tip on Facebook I purchased a small telescopic shower rail to go across above the window and cut down a shower curtain to cover the washroom window and little shelves below. OK, it’s more of a good spray down than a shower, but more than adequate if I am careful. I have the rest of the van for drying and dressing and the shower curtain goes out of the window to dry!

SOULBLUESMAN68 likes this post!
Last edited Sat Aug 12, 2023 12:48 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
5 Members and 27 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12526 topics and 105695 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 5