Lightweight Awning

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Aug 17, 2023 5:35 pm
by Old Rocker | 493 Posts

Been searching t'web looking for a sturdy lightweight porch/full awning preferably air. We have an Airpro but looking for something more friendly for 2 or 3 night stay should also say SWMBO doesn't like the drive away type with tunnels or "tent" like material
Had a search on here but most recommended ones are no longer available
Any recommendations very welcome

2022 Troll 530, Volvo XC60 2,4 R design

Now all he believes are his eyes, and his eyes they just tell him lies

Marcel Devereux likes this post!
Last edited Thu Aug 17, 2023 6:57 pm | Scroll up

RE: Lightweight Awning

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Aug 17, 2023 7:41 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.315 Posts

Have a look here:- Vango Siesta Review [Elwood is the same but in blue]
I know what you mean about the tunnels that come with lightweight campervan style awnings. We bought a Vango and was so pleased with it I sold my Kampa. The fabric is lightweight, but acceptable, and the footprint of 3.1 x 2.5m will cover most owners needs. We use it when the weather is inclement and our Isabella Shadow when the weather is good. They weigh so little the two are permanently in the caravan.

Colin

This must be fairly close to you:- https://www.gumtree.com/p/garden-patio-g...ning/1463006812
Others showing on Facebook Marketplace.

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings

Marcel Devereux likes this post!
Last edited Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:25 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:48 pm

Thanks for your reply Colin. That is the one I had picked out we have a GO Outdoors just a few miles away but for some reason SWMBO won't even go and look at it!!!!!

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Aug 18, 2023 3:24 pm

So I read her your comments, oh you'd better go and get one!!!!!
Is your carpet a good fit, which one is it?

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Aug 18, 2023 4:12 pm

Well done on convincing your good lady. I have to admit having what some would call an irrational dislike for tunnels and ripstop nylon, but I really do loath them. The fabric on the Kampa is not heavy, but it is a mid-point between the cheap flappy stuff and the nice canvas.
I had a 2.5 x 2.5 Kampa Carpet. This was too small on the width, so I sourced a second hand 3.0 x 2.5m. I have not used this yet but it should do nicely.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings

Last edited Fri Aug 18, 2023 4:17 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Aug 18, 2023 6:48 pm

It was your post that convinced her nothing to do with anything I said, women!!
One more question, you mention your Fiamma Caravanstore as a means of stopping any pooling what exactly is it?
And the nice thing when I opened the box to have a look it appears to be grey rather than blue

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:32 pm

Michael, it is one of these, but I'm sure you can cobble something together out of old awning poles:- https://www.agentfiamma.co.uk/fiamma-raf...anstore-xl.html
I put the pointy end in the wooden pad you can see in the 6th photo and wrap a car washing sponge around the other end that I brace over the top of the air-beam arch over the front.

Colin

edit - The lovely Mrs eribaMotters normally listens to me, usually when I say would you like some chocolate.

Last edited Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:33 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:42 pm

Thank you very much

Scroll up

Visitors
4 Members and 29 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12526 topics and 105695 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 4