RE: Caravan weights

in We've got it down to a T Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:05 pm
by TheHighlanders (deleted)

Bathroom scales? How big do they go?

Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:36 am
by MCINND (deleted)

What about those trips back from France with a good few cartons of wine laid out across the floor?
In the past I must have been well over but the Trolls / Feeling always towed well and true.
David

Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:06 pm
by crow (deleted)

I have seen many caravans in with HGV and white vans being directed to a weighbridge.
I was stopped in Bristol and directed to a weigh bridge, both car and caravan were empty,
at the time (having just collected it) years previous I was driving a six wheeled Transit and
was again directed to a weighbridge (in the Swansea area) along with a sprinkling of
caravans and motorhomes.
I always use my towing mirrors nowadays, to help avoid selection, £50 spot fine for mirror offences now as well!

Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:24 pm
by Steamdrivenandy (deleted)

Give either Jandi or AL a ring, they normally have the relevant MIRO figure available. However do bear in mind that your van is likely to have factory fitted stuff that is over and above the ex-factory MIRO figure, therefore subtracting MIRO from MTPLM is likely to give you a false payload figure. It could result in you overloading. That's why a weighbridge figure is better, provided you weigh it with a standardised load that you can work from when going on the road.

Amber a Lunar Quasar 464 Sussex Amberley Sussex Caravans dealer special pushing a '59 reg. Kia Cee'd 3 SW 1.6 CRDi Automatic, a rough towing ratio of 86%.
Scroll up

Visitors
6 Members and 34 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105782 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 6