RE: Hello - new owners (nearly!)

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:11 am
by campnsnooze | 1.148 Posts

Hi and ,
We too, are new to caravanning and only bought our Eriba in May. Just done our third trip away and back today. We saw 2 Eribas going in the opposite direction, so presumed they were off to the EOC meet at Sandwich. Address: Sandwich Leisure Park, Sandwich, Kent CT130AA. Considering the 1000's of miles we both drive a year, it's rare to see an Eriba.
We haven't had a mover fitted and find we can move the caravan at the moment without one...but this could change as we get older. As for what to take.....have a few days away first and make your wish list as you go along and then buy. We have just bought an oil filled storage heater 450W from Argos for only £20 and that was a godsend this past few nights and kept us toastie and didn't use up our gas! ..we were on hook up. The other item we love is our bike rack fitted to the front of the caravan. We try only to use the bikes while on site.
Anyway, I hope you enjoy it as much as we have.
Regards Chris and Keith

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:44 pm
by Pop540 (deleted)

hello &
we don't have a motor mover either, we use 4"x4" fence post sawn up into 5 blocks (for the legs to sit on), we block and chock one of the wheels and push the hitch side to side with handbrake operation while moving blocks from one wheel to another if going up hill. its hard work.
, but easier than trying to push straight back by hand uphill.
we remove heavy food items before pushing.
the last hitchup we blocked one wheel then spun the eriba by 180degrees
we were in forward 2foot from the river bank edge pitched by warden. warden helped spin round, was on own.
it was a bit worrying being so close to the edge, although the land was in a known gypsum area so in middle of field could be close to the edge

Eriba troll 540 likes constant hugs, and buffs and the odd cuppa.

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:40 pm
by Randa france | 12.890 Posts

Quote: Pop540 wrote in post #17
hello &
we don't have a motor mover either, we use 4"x4"

we use 4"x4" Does it have a diff lock?

1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:07 pm
by Pop540 (deleted)

hehehe
meant the size of wood not a 4 wheel drive
oh likes muddy wheelers,
we once had a 405x4 it had hydro suspension like the metros, on rear axle, a button needed pressing to lift the rear end for going onto the ramp.
remember the sphere diaphragm went mid journey it was like being in a bouncing wheel barrow, we found a safe place and called for a truck.

Eriba troll 540 likes constant hugs, and buffs and the odd cuppa.

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:27 pm
by mrs_c (deleted)

Hi, welcome and hope you enjoy your new Troll!

We've been Eriba owners for the past couple of years, having upgraded our Familia for a Triton this year. We agreed a mover was a must for anything larger as we have a very narrow shared drive and keep it at the bottom of our 80ft garden. Also, my hubbie Mark now gives me the remote so I can pitch to my hearts desire! AL undercut the price Midland had quoted us, so we were able to drive it away all fitted etc.

Marie

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:45 pm
by Randa france | 12.890 Posts

Zitat
Quote Mrs_C:- Also, my hubbie Mark now gives me the remote so I can pitch to my hearts desire!

Wow a lady driver. You know you'll be inundated with questions from the other ladies on this forum as to how you managed to release Mark's grip on the remote don't you? Hope his arm gets better soon....
Randa

1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:58 am
by Jams22 (deleted)

Thanks for all your replies. We did visit Sandwich yesterday and met with many friendly Eriba owners. We were made to feel very welcome and given lots of advice and ideas.......it made getting the Troll feel much more real and exciting :-)

Randa france, , and Ribski like this post!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:15 pm
by mrs_c (deleted)

I think it's more of a 'get out clause', for him as I can't moan about our pitch if I've chosen the it myself!!

and Randa france like this post!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:31 pm
by Citroeriba (deleted)

Yes it was us just had a comfort mover fitted. Midland Motor Movers were just fine, did it at home here and though not had too much use yet it looks really useful. Move it along by chocking wheels uphill? No thanks! Dear enough but cheapest I could find.......

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:30 pm
by Jams22 (deleted)

It's arrived in the UK at last - just sorting out our first trip! :-)

Randa france, and Poptop320 like this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 22 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12541 topics and 105788 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0