RE: The Hidden Chapter

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:29 pm
by Randa france | 12.876 Posts

Eribafolk and Eriba Owners Club members, cjpab ( Charles and Marion) on a visit to the Frantones while at Stratford.

IMG_20170811_111014.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

IMG_20170811_111419.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte) Charles and Frantic ready for a spin.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Last edited Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:49 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:46 pm

Quote: Randa france wrote in post #44
During this year's Summer Meet, we discovered that a number of our newer members are Bikers or Bike enthusiasts. I thought I'd give this thread a "bump" for their benefit.
Any new posts and/or pics are welcome.
Randa

Two of the people that used to ride big bikes were Lorraine and Brian Bigman. However, he's now looking for something a bit safer like a trike.

So just for the Bigman, here's a pic of some Swiss owned big bikes with stabilisers, that we saw while travelling through France earlier this year

IMG_3568.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:02 pm
by Frantone (deleted)

Or one like this......
IMG_0248.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)
IMG_1408.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Troll gently nudging up against Galaxy.
Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:05 pm

Wow. Just caught a repeat showing of BBC 1 prog. "A1- Britain's Longest Road" this morning (11.45am) and saw this.

A Minuteman car recovery motorcycle. Was a great bit of kit.

bike 01_edited.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte) bike 02_edited.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte) bike 03_edited.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

bike 04_edited.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte) bike 06_edited.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte) bike 07_edited.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Randa

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:54 am
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

I haven't read all this thread so maybe someone has already said but there are a couple of guys on the French forum who pull pucks with their bikes. I followed then once and they're amazing.

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:37 am
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.722 Posts

Quote: Randa france wrote in post #49
A Minuteman car recovery motorcycle. Was a great bit of kit.
I read a bit about these. They've been around for a few years, and apparently they're seen as a bit of a white elephant in that their recovery ability is pretty limited. Not just by the weight of the broken down vehicle - fairly obviously - but by the degree of its incapacity. It can't be used if there are missing wheels, for instance, so a flatbed truck with a winch or a Hiab is a much more versatile thing to send.

And a safer one, too. Not only is a recovery truck much more visible to fast traffic approaching from behind, it offers a degree of protection to the operatives that a bike just doesn't afford.

Over the years quite a number of roadside workers of one kind or another have been killed by distracted drivers straying onto the hard shoulder, and if I was out there in the DayGlo I think I'd far rather have a couple of tons of steel between me and the feckless cretin who looks up from his mobile phone a split-second too late.

Aaron Calder and mr_underhill like this post!
Last edited Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:50 am | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu May 10, 2018 2:17 pm

A nice way to go camping:-

IMG_20180510_114512.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte) IMG_20180510_114524.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Randa

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu May 10, 2018 5:27 pm
by steamdrivenandy (deleted)

More bling than Trump Tower!

'I've got nothing to do on this hot afternoon
but to settle down and write you a line.'

2012 Bailey Pegasus 2 Rimini being dragged by nothing at all
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat May 12, 2018 7:03 pm
by Ccouple (deleted)

I used to have a motorcycle and did some trips to Europe with tent and bed&breakfast with it, before we settled down to our own house with my wife.
So we changed over to old american car, which im gonna use to tow my future Eriba. Motorcycle would not have been handy with a third and incoming fourth family member for spending vacations together.

My belowed was 2008 Hinckley Triumph Bonneville T100 Black, tho the bike i most enjoyed riding was Kawasaki KLR650- didnt matter if i fell down, and i could go over "any" obstacles with it, especially good at driving on cities. Still miss my motorcycle, but i quess its better now?

Randa france likes this post!
Last edited Sat May 12, 2018 7:04 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat May 12, 2018 8:12 pm
by Eribanut | 2.025 Posts

Would need a ton of chrome cleaner

Sermo datur cunctis; animi sapientia paucis
Tempus fugit; carpe diem
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:54 pm

Alan (Buzz Lightyear) shared this earlier.

Waht a cool machine Alan Hall.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:37 am

Michel Becaert.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte) Michel Becaert

Bike.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte) Robert Simpson

Bike 1.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)Karine Demoustier Leduc‎

Simboc2004 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:18 pm

eriba and side car.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:42 pm

Eriba Chevaux.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

The French Owner says:- I am selling the Puck which I have transformed into a motorcycle carrier, without homologating it since with the motorcycle loaded, the whole weighs less than 500 kg (considered as luggage). The system that I have developed (wheel lock + tilting platform + winch) allows to load or unload the motorcycle (mine: a Honda nc 700 x dct) in less than 2 minutes, which turns out very practical behind my motorhome.
Also serves as a trailer for everything, I even slept in it! But I never took the time to tweak it (painting).
You can choose to dismantle it to recover the Eriba Puck parts ...

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:49 pm

Denis Aubert.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)Denis Aubert 01.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)Photos by Denis Aubert

Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 49 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12529 topics and 105710 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1