The Hidden Chapter

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:05 am
by Randa france | 12.876 Posts

In my privileged position as one of this forum's administrators, I get to see some hidden facts about members such as Email addresses, hobbies and photographs on other websites. I've come to the conclusion that Eribafolk has a hidden Motorcycle Chapter within its midst and it must be time to "come out" and tell us whimps what you ride? Also, as a tempter I offer you this. I found them some months ago on the interweb and ask you is it real or just a scam?

Photographs by Jean du Bois.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Randa

1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
, Morphy and like this post!
Scroll up

RE: The Hidden Chapter

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:26 am
by hob (deleted)

Its a con ...........thats far too heavy to be towed by a bike and the gearing would be all wrong for towing large weights anyway.
If I recall correctly the legal towing limit for a bike \ trike (in this country) is 250Kg other countries may have different laws.

Vauxhall Insignia Sri towing 2006 Triton 430 import
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:49 pm
by Deeps (deleted)

Quote: Randa france wrote in post #1
I've come to the conclusion that Eribafolk has a hidden Motorcycle Chapter within its midst and it must be time to "come out" and tell us whimps what you ride?

Yes well, the least said about the images that you posted, Roger, the better I think. Shame the photographer didn't think more about 'perspective' which would have perhaps made it a bit more convincing.

However, allow me to introduce you to a couple of BMW's - mine a F800GS and the OH's a F650GS..............

IMG_0361.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

IMG_0835.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

IMG_0539.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

IMG_0758.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

2013 Triton 430, VW Touran TDI BM

My You Tube Channel

Randa france, Poptop320 and like this post!
Last edited Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:52 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:03 pm
by buzz lightyear (deleted)

France & Germany 1990 ...... (3).JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte) I Have a B.M.W. f800st had Bikes since 1956 still love them .

Cassington night ride 2013(29).jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte) [[File:Buzz-Lightyear.jpg|none|auto]

My first motor- bike !!

Attached pictures:
No rights to view attachments. Only file names are shown. Register now!
 Old B&W photos (6).jpg 

, and Randa france like this post!
Last edited Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:40 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:41 am
by crow (deleted)

I don't own a bike now but still scrounge rides from my brother,
and anyone else silly enough to turn up here on a bike.

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:18 am
by Skoderiba | 209 Posts

Likewise, I don't own a bike at the moment, but I'm looking

I started in the 60's with an Ariel Colt 200cc 4stroke, then BSA C11 and C11G, A CZ 250 2 stroke which left a trail of blue smoke behind and would stick to the road like glue. It would lean over round bends until the centre stand touched the road. Lots of fun! until stolen and dumped in the river in Bedford.
Last was a Honda CX500c, with the low riding position as I'm a bit short in the leg.
At the moment I'm looking for a Triumph Speed Twin or similar (pre 1960) as a machine to ride and an investment. Prices for vintage and veteran British Motorcycles are rocketing.
5TA 3.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte) Ariel Colt.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte) BSA%20C11G%201.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Randa france and Shady Pines like this post!
Last edited Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:46 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:27 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.743 Posts

Ah, the C11G was the only bike I ever owned. My ambition was to have a Velocette Venom but after my best mate was killed aged 18 on his bike I bought a Minor 1000 Traveller. My kid brother has a 1200cc Kawasaki and keeps asking me to go out on pillion with him. No chance!

Is the bike at 0.20 in this video a C11G? It looks like one to me.

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet

likes this post!
Last edited Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:27 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:37 pm
by hampshireman (deleted)

I never had a bike although had a pal who had a Vespa and we often used to go up the Dales to watch the Scott trial event. I pillioned with him to Butlins at Filey and that's another story. One of my uncles, now deceased was a keen TT tider on the ilse of Man. He once took me for a spin round the lanes at Hurworth near Darlo were we lived and it was a bit scary!!

Carole, but she doesn't like it.
Puck 225L pushing CMax 1.9TDI Ghia
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:45 pm
by Deeps (deleted)

Here's the Honda Dream that I owned whilst serving overseas in Singapore - 350cc if memory serves. Built like a brick .....house which it needed to be in order to do daily battle with the locals. Ran over twelve of them before returning to the UK and not a mark on it.

Honda.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Also owned this thing - Yamaha (?) for riding around in the dirt near the back of our house....

Unknown make.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Did try driving a car once but it didn't quite work out....

RTA_Singapore.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

My You Tube Channel

Last edited Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:48 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:00 pm
by crow (deleted)

The rocker cover looks a bit Royal Enfield to me

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:05 pm
by Deeps (deleted)

Quote: crow wrote in post #10
The rocker cover looks a bit Royal Enfield to me

Na, don't think so as I don't recall seeing any of those around at the time (1971) although memory can be a wonderful thing. That said, Bridgestone has come into my mind for some reason or other.............I wonder.

My You Tube Channel
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:14 pm
by hob (deleted)

From the position where the exhaust comes out of the cylinder I would guess a 2 stroke single about 125 cc

Bridgestone

Made tyres.................

Last edited Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:15 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:20 pm
by Deeps (deleted)

Quote: hob wrote in post #12

Bridgestone Made tyres.................

also very nice motorbikes http://www.bridgestonemotorcycle.com/photos.htm

My You Tube Channel
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:30 pm
by Deeps (deleted)

Here's a couple of videos I shot during a 2011 trip down to Gardasee (Lake Garda) in Italy. The first, a run starting from near the NE corner of Lake Garda taking in Lagos d' Ledro and d' Idro. The second, up on the Monte Baldo mountain road which runs up North from the town of Garda as far as Nago at the NE corner of the lake. Great road this, climbs and climbs with a real mixture of scenery as well as weather which can leave one starting off in what appears to be rain but with you soon ending up in bright sunshine. Great area for motorcycling. Go on you know you want to LOL. I've seen a Norton being carried inside a Puck so there's no excuse..........

DSCF6206.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

My You Tube Channel

likes this post!
Last edited Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:40 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:35 pm
by hob (deleted)

Well I started bikes in the early 70's back in those days you could have a 250cc on an L plate

And a couple of quid bought me an aged DMW with a 249 cc two-stroke Villiers engine rusting in the frame..............which came out of a shed somewhere I vaguely recall
After much tinkering it worked and I was mobile

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DMW_Motorcycles

A couple of years later a 1959 500cc Triumph was bought from another back garden shed for not much dosh (times were hard in them days) and me being a tinkerer had a go at customising it in the current style.
500triumph1.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Years later I got back into bikes again and bought a 250cc Yamaha
bikes 001.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Not impressed with how it handled I got rid of it and got another one a bit newer
bikes.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

There was a local dealer at the time selling 350cc Royal Enfield bullet's imported from India (where they still made them new) ..........so I bought one .................they were crap and it soon went again for somewhat of a loss of money
flatlanders 024.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Next in search of something with a bit more go in it, to go rallying I bought a Z550 Kawasaki in line 4 cylinder 4 stroke which went like a rocket

benhall 14.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Now about that time I always fancied building a trike as I had seen a few at rallies so I bought a basket case Yamaha XS1100 and set to work ...............result

20020926_194004.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

I had more fun building it than I did riding it and that was my last bike.

and Randa france like this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
4 Members and 46 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12528 topics and 105708 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 4