Page 5 of 7 « previous Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 next Page »

RE: New leaf

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:41 am
by Silverfox (deleted)

Ironic really ,
Last night I returned very late from a task of pest control, Feral pigeons had taken up roost in a Dairy farmers buildings, so four of us sorted the problem.
I return to find my dirty laundry strewn over the forum.
Let's not forget that many of us willingly made a financial contribution to The Eriba Forum. We were given recognition by means of (£) and granted access to "The Members Lounge". This was an area where members could chat, so we did, and some of us wanted to chat outside of the Eriba Brand. It's common knowledge that certain members posts were firstly locked, then removed, then after futile attempts to reason with "The Admin Team" posts would reappear but still locked.
We all know of the attitude and dictatorial style that The Admin Team adopt. In particular, the use of the word Cull, the closure of the members area, and the removal of the PM facility infuriated me so much, that I no longer wanted to be associated with The Eriba Forum. Forced into a corner, in sheer frustration I wanted out.
I received no reply, or explanation, just immediate closure.
Am I a "Hero"? Of course not, particularly at this time of year, we all remember the real hero's in this world.
I take full responsibility for my posts, which as I see it, provoked this onslaught , for that then, I unreservedly apologise.

Scroll up
lockThis thread has been closed

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:44 am
by Aaron Calder | 3.741 Posts

You have absolutely nothing to apologise for, Andy, and your posts will always be welcome here.

Thank you for your continuing support.

Brian

Forum Administrator
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:16 am
by Steamdrivenandy (deleted)

It's interesting, I've just rec'd an email from CT, doubtless other members will have too. Alongside some promotional puff etc they make the point that a forum is all about the members.TEF have always seemed to have believed their forum is all about the management. A difference in outlook and philosophy that illustrates just why so many choose to move here. I'm left wondering how much damage those people have done to the Eriba brand over the years? I know if I was the brand manager I wouldn't be happy with their Victorian attitude.

Amber a Lunar Quasar 464 Sussex Amberley Sussex Caravans dealer special pushing a '59 reg. Kia Cee'd 3 SW 1.6 CRDi Automatic, a rough towing ratio of 86%.
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:45 am
by Randa france | 12.861 Posts

Quote: Silverfox wrote in post #61

I take full responsibility for my posts, which as I see it, provoked this onslaught , for that then, I unreservedly apologise.

Don't be silly Andy. You don't need to apologise for demonstrating to everyone who didn't already know it, that we are dealing with a spoilt child who, when he can't get his own way, keeps kicking on this door and throwing a tantrum.
He's still on here by the way.
R

"http://smileys.emoticonsonly.com/emoticons/w/wales-1627.gif"
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:05 pm
by Hitched (deleted)

Puss in Boots- did you ever write your book? If so what is the title etc

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:22 pm
by Pop540 (deleted)

no appoligies required Andy, there was no need for anyone to come on here a deliberately de rate you or anyone else on an open forum
what happen in the past stays in the past.

why go back when you can only go forth and eriba venture is beyond me

this sort of tantrum is known as harassment,

the best thing to do is ignore any further outburst no matter how provoked to reply..

being replied to gives the attention and reaction the poster was hoping for

lets hope the poster can calm down and re evaluate, before requiring c.b.t. intervention

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:45 pm

Hi,
I'm not sure who I'm talking to but I never did write the book as I intended because I needed funding to do the travelling and design and pics that were needed to do it justice. With the publishing industry only really interested in established authors and their perception that interest in Eribas is very small, I got nowhere trying to sell the concept. However the parts that I did write were turned into a blog here http://eribaliving.blogspot.co.uk/2011/10/eriba-living.html. Unfortunately over time some pics have 'aged off' but one day I'll get time to re post them.

Incidentally apparently we are sharing an IP address. Presumably you're a Plusnet customer too?

Amber a Lunar Quasar 464 Sussex Amberley Sussex Caravans dealer special pushing a '59 reg. Kia Cee'd 3 SW 1.6 CRDi Automatic, a rough towing ratio of 86%.

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:15 pm
by Hitched (deleted)

Pity you didn't get to write the book.
I use my work wifi sometimes but don't know who their provider is! I work for John Lewis if that helps!

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:34 pm
by MCINND (deleted)

I've just read through this post from 1st to last after being in a management meeting all morning and really can't understand why Milkman had to go on & on & on. Simply digging a deeper hole for himself.
I've still got an account active on the other place but as has been said by others, I now do all my talking on The Friendly Forum.
The last thing I posted on the other place as a favor to Jean at Jandi was their winter opening hours.

I really like the less formal, more friendly banter on Eriba but also the other interests of the members, even the post further up in this one on being out on pest control.
Long Live us Eriba Folk!!!!!!!
David

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:35 pm
by ellen (deleted)

Sorry guys for going a bit off topic but as this is on my mind please forgive me and let me get this said, Chris, you are trying to make out that i was not banned and that i voluntarily left the EOF, Have you forgotten that i like others was banned with no reason or warning given, a couple of days later i received an email from you saying that i had been caught up in all that was going on because i had been in the wrong place at the wrong time, After some thought i decided that i would no longer be a member of your forum and placed my post explaining why i wouldnt be around. As expected my post was deleted within minutes of being posted even though a member asked you for an explanation, from that minute i was once again banned. Do not try to make out that i am not telling the truth . Now why dont you just leave us all in peace to continue enjoying our forum, Ellen.

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:08 pm
by Agger (deleted)

Now call me what you want BUT I find it just a little strange to say the very least that I received this earlier today AFTER I posted my earlier thoughts, call it coincidence and I'll call you naive, and if anyone from the other place tells me different I'll call them a liar!

I am about to answer their email in fairly blunt terms!

Hi Graham, My last email to you was to let the dust settle for a while and I would ask the Admin team to consider giving you back your access. Someone’s access is normally only restricted for 7-days, but I think because your access was removed again so close to the previous time, no time period was added. Anyway, I mentioned this two weeks ago on the 30th of October. This is what I said: Maybe we should consider letting Agger back in now, given that he is not part of their gang and he has been quiet for a while. He's probably inside this forum anyway by now, but a peace offering might be appropriate. Any thoughts? The replies were along the lines of that he needs to accept some level of culpability and another reply was that this person wanted some time to look through your past forum history, before they could make a decision either way. It might take a little longer, but I just wanted you to know that I have asked the question, as I said I would and I will bring the subject up again at some point. Regards Chris. 

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:24 pm
by ellen (deleted)

I find it incredible that its just a little forum of theirs that we are talking about here, the way they behave you would think that it was up to "them" if we were allowed through the gates of heaven, they really do have a high opinion of their importance. Ellen

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:32 pm
by Agger (deleted)

I bow to their inferiority

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:39 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.741 Posts

Zitat
they really do have a high opinion of their importance.

What else would you expect from an estate agent, Ellen?

Forum Administrator

Last edited Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:39 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:44 pm

That's what I've been saying all along Ellen.

Do you think Andrew Jenkinson would be thrown of SwiftTalk because he had written a book about Sprite caravans http://www.amazon.co.uk/Story-Sprite-Car...keywords=Sprite. I doubt it. And that's a brand owner's website and a professional journalist, so much bigger fish all round.

How do TEF management expect authors to research things these days? They use the web of course, including forums, among other resources. To suggest that you can't write a book about the very thing your forum is supposed to be promoting and helping is sanctimonious twaddle.

Scroll up

Page 5 of 7 « previous Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 next Page »

Visitors
1 Member and 9 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12512 topics and 105579 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1