RE: Oopsy daisy!

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:19 pm
by victoriana (deleted)

Oh my lord. That looks dreadful painful.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:27 pm
by hampshireman (deleted)

And I thought I had leg probs, good luck.

Puck 225L pushing CMax 1.9TDI Ghia
Pepe's Walk
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:43 pm
by Agger (deleted)

Speedy recovery and best wishes from us 2, Jen & Gray

Likes to wax and have a smooth finish! Has an empty space where once a very polished Eriba stood😎
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:26 pm
by Julie Grafo | 3.463 Posts

Wishing you well Mark, hopefully this is the last stretch of the long haul. Good luck.

Puck L 225 GT pushing Honda CRV SE 1.6 i-DTEC
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:59 pm
by Hollers (deleted)

Reading all the mishaps makes me feel sooo normal, thought it was just me and my hubbie who did silly things.
Left the Jockey Wheel down...makes a hell of a noise
Left the break on and tried to drive off.
Left the electric socket connected to the car and drove off........gosh the air was blue that day
Set fire to the frying pan and all its's contents, at least we know the fire alarm works!
We went to France, got lost, went down a dead end, had to unhitch and turn the van around, unfortunately the jockey wheel dropped off, took us 45 minutes to get it back on.

We've only been caravanning for 5 months and we were nearly put off by all these little things, and our inability to grips with 'all things caravanning'. Fortunately we can now laugh about the traumas.......cos we love caravanning, wish we'd done it sooner.

shrublands, , and Eribanut like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:07 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.745 Posts

Have you downloaded the checklist?

Pre-departure checklist

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet []

likes this post!
Last edited Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:19 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:15 pm
by Hollers (deleted)

Haha, yes we have one of these. I don't know what it is but as soon as we go near the Troll all common sense goes out the window. We class ourselves as reasonably intelligent, and have had to go through a massive learning curve. We're now at the stage where we can hitch up, unhitch and pitch up - we give ourselves a round of applause when we remember everything!

shrublands likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:35 pm

More dickheadery on my part.

A couple of days ago when reporting on buying new tyres for our Triton, I mentioned that I'd had to cut the shank of the special all-brass padlock that secured the spare wheel cradle because it had 'seized internally'. Oh no it hadn't.

What this clever chap had done was to have used the wrong bloody key forgetting that I now have another 'Master' brand padlock with an identical-looking key securing our front end bike carrier.

After much scrabbling about in the bin, I found the remnants of the butchered padlock and confirmed that it was still operating flawlessly. More importantly I also recovered the now slightly bent key that I'll need when installing the bike rack.

It must be an age-related thing although, to be honest, I did do lots of stupid things in my younger days.

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet

cruickie, and Bryn like this post!
Last edited Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:19 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:41 pm
by jobberwock (deleted)

I like these tales.
It's so reassuring to know it's not just me

Ian not Anne

Lovely 1998 Eriba Troll 530GT
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:19 am
by ellen (deleted)

We practically took down the post that houses the electrician hook up point on a site in Scotland whilst getting the car in line to tow home. £800.00 worth of damage to the car and a long silent journey home! Can't mention which site it was incase they remember and send us the bill.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:18 pm
by Julie Grafo | 3.463 Posts

I keep throwing away keys that I can't remember what they are for only to find out after the bin has been emptied that I do need them.

Triton 420GT pushing Honda CRV SE+ 1.6 i-DTEC
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:55 am
by Ian Guy (deleted)

Most of the above, plus what made me really angry with myself: forgetting to lock the cutlery drawer so it fell on the floor and broke. I've done this twice - both times after a stop for lunch when I didn't bother to read my checklist.

Ian
Troll 540 GT & Skoda Superb
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:34 am

In view of my recent plonkerism in towing with only the rear two of the four roof securing clamps engaged, I thought new members might be both amused and reassured to read Pete's confessions thread from years back.

Doing stupid things comes naturally to most of us.

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:31 pm
by Randa france | 12.888 Posts

Quote: Aaron Calder wrote in post #58
In view of my recent plonkerism in towing with only the rear two of the four roof securing clamps engaged, I thought new members might be both amused and reassured to read Pete's confessions thread from years back.
Doing stupid things comes naturally to most of us.

Cor, that was a deft passing of the ball Mr Calder. Worthy of a RWC position I think

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:44 pm
by Sportique | 332 Posts

Can I join in the fun ...

I too have driven away with the break-away cable attached - nasty bang.
Having shown all nearby watchers-behind-net-curtains how to reverse the van up a ramp for leveling, I disconnected the mover, but had forgotten to put the hand brake on!! Van ran back down the leveler turning left as it went.
We (ah yes, the famous "we") forgot to lock the fridge door, fortunately the door remained closed.
Here's the one - stopped at a layby to check the van and walking close to the van caught my right forearm on the door keepy-open thingy, lots of blood and bruising. Checked the rear of the van and then returned back close to the van - yes, you've guessed - caught my left forearm on same bit, more bleeding and bruising. Drove the rest of the way with both forearms bandaged. I put this down to not being able to come to terms with being an old f*rt.
Finally - the good old water puddle in the roof of the awning - being a clever sort of chap I simply pushed the roof up - but had not noticed that the awning door was open - flooded awning!
All this in the first summer - what experiences are yet to come our way with the Eriba?

That's all folks

Dave

Dave

Audi A3 2.0 TDi Sport closely linked to a 1994 320GT
Aaron Calder likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 32 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105781 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2