RE: Kampa Pop Air

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:43 pm
by Bigmandiddyvan (deleted)

We have taken the plunge and have just ordered a Kampa air awning for our Troll 550gt, got a good deal from AL, at the NEC £849 for the awning plus if ordered at the show a free 12v pump, after reading Martins comments on the awning I also ordered a gutter strip and they agreed on £10 instead of £20 and all delivered free of charge. Looking forward to next spring to try it out. Thanks again to Martin for his very helpful comments. Brian

chezmart likes this post!
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:22 pm
by kevandnia (deleted)

Bought one of these for our Troll today. The Motorhome and Caravan show deal was a free electric pump, half price rain guard (£10) and free delivery.

Edit: Just to add that we purchased from AL

Poptop320 likes this post!
Last edited Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:57 am | Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:06 pm
by JamieB (deleted)

Looks like these awnings are popular! We also ordered one at the show for our on order 430GT.

Negotiated price on the Kampa stand was £825 including electric pump, storm straps, rain strip and carpet.

The price on the AL stand was £20 more expensive at their show price compared to the Kampa stand.

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:41 pm
by kevandnia (deleted)

Ooh! That's annoying to hear. I could have saved myself some money by dealing with kampa direct. Oh well, still happy enough. Just need it to arrive before we go away in December now.

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:35 pm
by Trollier (deleted)

I had noticed tha AL were more expensive.. Kampa had told me that all the Kampa awnings would be the same price with offers! I decided, though, to get a protec cover instead. I'll get the awning next year.
Stephen

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:41 pm
by kevandnia (deleted)

That was my understanding as well. Which is why I never queried the price at the kampa stand. We were desperate for an awning so whilst I'm slightly annoyed that i could have saved another £20 or so it's not the end of the world. Like you we also need a cover but as I've now gone for the awning that'll have to wait until next year now.

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:29 pm
by Trollier (deleted)

The benefit of getting the awning now is that Kampa have a habit of selling out quickly, protec cover you can always get.
Stephen

likes this post!
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:20 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.325 Posts

It looks like the £825/850 is about as low as you are going to get on this. (for a triton).
I am surprised that Kampa did not go lower as show deals are generally as good as you can get, and I managed £850 (without a pump but all the other bits) from a dealer a couple of weeks ago.

Colin

eribaless at present, 4th eriba, a 2017 430 on order.
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:37 pm
by Wilson (deleted)

We bought air 290 off Kampa for our familiar ...£729 with electric pump and weather strip, also cover from AL , £134 so not a bad day, looking forward to next year ....

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:51 pm
by Randa france | 12.885 Posts

Kampa Pop Air Video and Review :- https://youtu.be/B2SEn6KOGM4

1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Poptop320 likes this post!
Last edited Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:27 pm | Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:44 am
by Ian Guy (deleted)

Thanks for the tip about putting something under the air-poles on sloping ground. I've not the skills or tools to make circlrcles of MDM, so I've used two of my set of circular stacking chocs. Works nicely, but not so finely adjustable I guess.

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:38 am
by DEREK NEVIN (deleted)

Hello Martin I have this Kampa 365 havent tried it yet and wont be till mid March Ive got the lecky pump but the guy at Auto" leisure said its quicker putting it up with the supplied pump I would imagine the lecky pump would be easier for deflating it to pack away what did you find thanks with the heads up with taking the front panel off Ill take your advice all the best Nev

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:15 pm
by chezmart | 181 Posts

Nev, there's no need to use a pump to deflate. Just undo the air release valve on each end and let it collapse down. Then fold it and roll the air out.
We've only got the manual pump for inflation and really only takes a couple of minutes to inflate. Unless you forget to screw the deflation valves back up! I've done this a couple of times now.

2012 Troll 550 - BMW 220d Cabriolet

likes this post!
Last edited Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:16 pm | Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:32 am
by Old Rocker | 496 Posts

Could one of you owners pkease tell me if the side walls unzip to enable a sleeping annex to ge fitted? If not are there any fixings to allow an inner sleeping tent to be fitted, thanks

Troll 530, Kia Sportage 2.0 CRDI

He points to the sky saying "the Sun's not yellow, it's chicken"
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:47 pm
by Ian Guy (deleted)

Only the front can be taken out. I don't know about points from which to hang an inner tent - I didn't notice any when it was up, but then I wasn't looking for any. It's packed away now till our next trip so I can't check it out.

Ian
Troll 540 GT & Skoda Superb
Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 21 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12539 topics and 105771 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1