RE: Cover

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:40 am
by Ezza (deleted)

We have a 1994 Triton with the external gas box. The advert for the Kampa cover from Norwich Camping states "Suitable for Eriba Triton with internal gas box" .

I e-mailed Kampa and was told it wouldn't be suitable, I did buy it however and it fits perfectly. The cover is quite flimsy, I managed a small tear putting it on, easy to patch though using clear Soudal as an adhesive.

After the very heavy rain yesterday the inside of the cover feels slightly damp, I suppose being breathable means it can't be completely waterproof. The van is dry and fresh inside so it seems to be doing the job.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:43 am
by Jez (deleted)

Yes I've been planning on doing that in the Spring but have held off because I want to put a solar panel on the pop top so thought it better that the adhesive wasn't applied to a waxed surface.
I think the water is condensation rather than rain ingress but would be interested to hear if anyone has a bone dry roof whenthey remove the cover during the Winter period!

2012 Triton 430 GT pushing a Honda CRV 2.2 ictdi
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:48 pm
by mr_underhill | 688 Posts

My new Specialized Covers cover has arrived for my Puck. The old cover was for a Puck 120 and is available if anyone wants it. There are possibly a couple of years left in it ...The new one came with lots of straps and accessories. The old one had a piece of awning cord in the middle of a square of cover material to put in the awning channel to protect the cover from sharp edges. The new cover has some polyfoam pieces to do the same job...they will remain unused. I did buy a rubber piece to replace the B****Y plastic channel cover for awnings, and I had a small bit left, so I have cut 2 short lengths to fit above the awning channel and protect the new cover. The actual cover is enormous ! I had it fitted ready to strap and the straps are all way too long. Obviously, I have shortened them, but not cut any length off as it's difficult to cut it back on if required ! It also extends to the front of the towbar...almost and I assumed that it would pull into shape when correctly fastened...wrong ..I have 2 flappy bits on each side, at the front, which will have to be dealt with as it sits under my bedroom window !! I am thinking about "tarpaulin clips" and a short bungee. It came with a metre square of cover material for patching, the foam for the awning rail, bubble wrap to cover the foam and 2, not 1 , 3 metre extendable poles to aid in covering the van.There is only me to do the covering, but by judicious use of the poles, it didn't slide back when I started putting it on. They are decorators extending poles...But I think its a good idea and by angling the pole from the front towards the back they keep the cover in one place. All in all, money well spent. But I will contact them about the overall length of the cover, anyway.

Tardis II , Eriba Puck 1990 pushing a Fiat 500 Colour Therapy, Twin Air Turbo.

Last edited Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:49 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:32 pm
by Tom T (deleted)

FYI - I ended up getting a Classic Accessories Cover in the interim, until I can get the Classic Accessories PermaPro Deluxe cover made for USA & Canadian Fiberglass Trailers 8' - 13' long in the interim - which is a bid big given that our 1970 Puck is at the low end of it's size range, until I can get Cover Craft to measure our Puck in their off-season. This size will probably fit Puck, Faun, Pan, Familia & up to the current Eriba Touring (which IIRC has a +/-13' body), but may be a tad wider in the body, & you'll need to adjust the placement of the zip-up door panel, & take up any extra cover slack at the ends with bungees/etc. for the shorter bodies, but it also has 2 cross underbody straps which you put at an "X" to secure it under the trailer..

https://classicaccessories.com/catalog/p...r/category/112/

It has worked well during heavy rains & high winds which we've had here in SoCal since November, when I got the cover, & it's made of rip-stop polyester that won't degrade in sunlight/UV - like the polypropylene covers sold in the UK. The Classic Accessories PermaPro has a Lifetime Warranty which I believe is also valid in the UK/Europe (unlike the UK covers which won't cover anything in the USA/Canada). CA also ships to the UK & Europe.

In January I got a generic Cover Craft cover for our Avion also until they can laser measure it, or try their similar sized Airstream cover, & it's an even better nylon fabric, & they have other choices of cover fabrics & duties/conditions for use too, which will be even better fro your Pucks, & have longer warranties.

Cheers!
Tom
///////

1970 Puck USA Export Model + 1988 VW Westfalia T3 (OO, T25)
1960 Avion T20 (#2 T20, similar to Airstream)

Last edited Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:34 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 18 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105781 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2