RE: Automatic

in We've got it down to a T Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:17 pm
by Unhitched (deleted)

Real stunner and looks quite a Puller in more ways than one!

Lee, ' Hitched' to Sarah....and in search of an Eriba to also be hitched to...
Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:22 pm
by hob (deleted)

Thanks, I never spent anywhere near that much on a car before or had one that new

I spent years saving up for when I retire .........now after nearly 4 years retired and no close relatives I figure its time to take advantage of that and have what I want

Hence the 2006 Triton from Holland and the new car to tow it with (I used to look at the tatty pick-up next to the Triton and think it would be nice to have something nice to tow it with)

So now for a good lump of my retirement money I should be all set up

Time flies like an arrow...................fruit flies like a banana
Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:45 pm
by Unhitched (deleted)

Good for you! Even if you had 'close relatives' aka children (and i have them) it really annoys me that some think they are entitled to an inheritance! You earned it, you spend it!
Enjoy the fruits of your hard labour

Lee, ' Hitched' to Sarah....and in search of an Eriba to also be hitched to...
Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:40 pm
by hob (deleted)

The new car has arrived at my local dealers
I will collect it Tuesday after a service and a new tow bar has been fitted, its all paid for ..........just over 3 years old and a shade under 15000 miles.

Looks just like this one

similar.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

The only slight problem is it has lived all its life in north Wales............. I might have to teach it English

Time flies like an arrow...................fruit flies like a banana

Last edited Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:42 pm | Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:17 pm
by Randa france | 12.889 Posts

Quote: hob wrote in post #19
The only slight problem is it has lived all its life in north Wales............. I might have to teach it English

On the bright side though it'll tackle the Flatlands at 60 MPH plus in neutral

(just check there's nothing woolly in the boot )

1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Last edited Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:17 pm | Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:52 pm
by KeithF (deleted)

Hi hobtraded our nissan x trail for a huyindia tucson but after lots of smoke and noise for the engine we have gone back to nissan this time petroll 2.5 auto no more dpf , smooth drive so relaxing

Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:46 pm
by hob (deleted)

The eagle has landed bought a bottle to celebrate

P1300666.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Vauxhall Insignia Sri towing 2006 Triton 430 import
Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:54 pm
by Eribafolk Admin. (deleted)

And very nice too Nev. Tow bar on the front as well? Sort of a Pushmi-pullyu !!

Last edited Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:55 pm | Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:57 pm
by hob (deleted)

Towbar has upset the rear parking sensors but that will be sorted for me.

Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:29 pm
by hob (deleted)

Tried out the new tow-bar electrics the other day and nothing worked

Had the tow-bar fitter round today to have a look and he found a short in the new pre wired 13 pin socket................... once fixed and a new fuse fitted it all worked OK

Bonus result as it was somehow interfering with the parking censors which also work OK as well

Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:31 pm
by Randa france | 12.889 Posts

Reading your post about parking censors reminded us that our Touran has Park Assist which we've never used. Too spooky and it needs more space that I need to do it manually.

Anyway, an interesting silly though. I wonder if it recognises that there a caravan on the back?

I've also found another interesting bit of technology which I really would love to have. Have you ever been very frustrated when two "considerate" car drivers park in a multi-storey or Supermarket car park, and encroach on other spaces making it impossible for you to park and get out of the car. Well Here's the solution. If done correctly, it would stop the selfish b****rs getting back into their cars too

Randa

1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Last edited Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:15 pm | Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:52 pm
by hob (deleted)

The Insignia with its curved front and rear is not easy to park when you can't see where the car ends............The pickup was never a problem if there was something in the way and you got it wrong it just pushed it out of the way

The censers should make it easier to hitch the van on my own when I get used to using them

Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:05 pm
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.722 Posts

Quote: Randa france wrote in post #26
I've also found another interesting bit of technology which I really would love to have. Have you ever been very frustrated when two "considerate" car drivers park in a multi-storey or Supermarket car park, and encroach on other spaces making it impossible for you to park and get out of the car. Well Here's the solution. If done correctly, it would stop the selfish b****rs getting back into their cars too
Snags, snags and more snags.

You don't know for certain that the people parked next to you weren't forced to park that way because of the people parked next door to them.

So they might not be the selfish buggers after all.

If you do get into that narrow space - with or without the remote self-parking gubbins - and the people next door were the inconsiderate ones, the chances of coming back to your car and finding its doors covered with dents are much higher if you've made it difficult for them. Inconsiderate drivers don't give two hoots about the car next door, and it ain't beyond the bounds of possibility that they'll leave you a ding or two on purpose.

Or squeeze by making sure their belt buckle is on your side.

You could argue that the sensible thing to do is find somewhere else to park, even if it means a walk.

Which is much better for you anyway...

Last edited Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:16 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
9 Members and 23 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105784 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 9