RE: Fixed solar panels

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:54 pm
by Dougd (deleted)

Bernard, John, thank you for your prompt reply, not simple-pimple, but with a bit of studying, looks quite do-able.

Doug

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:31 pm
by bernardm (deleted)

Yes Doug it is all straight forward, I found the hardest was getting the plug and crimps until we went to the Düsseldorf show and spoke to the Schaut rep who promptly gave us all the bits required.

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:02 pm
by Debbie (deleted)

Could I ask who installed them please?

Trinity Triton 420GT

Last edited Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:06 pm | Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:11 pm
by Randa france | 12.875 Posts

Hi Debbie. I don't know much about solar panels on Eribas but I did find this thread very interesting and quite simple to follow. I haven't installed them however, just an interested reader.

Graeme HH. Fitting a Solar Panel

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:11 pm
by Debbie (deleted)

Thank you Randa for your quick reply.
I do not have the capability install myself and was wondering if anyone knows a professional that would do the job for me. Thanks for the link though.

Trinity Triton 420GT
Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:56 pm
by rs540 | 261 Posts

Quote: Debbie wrote in post #20
Thank you Randa for your quick reply.
I do not have the capability install myself and was wondering if anyone knows a professional that would do the job for me. Thanks for the link though.

Depends where you are... John England is the one who knows pretty much there is to know but he's in the North West...

likes this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:19 pm
by Debbie (deleted)

Thanks Robin. Does he pop along to the forum often?

I am in Bradford, West Yorkshire.

Trinity Triton 420GT
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:00 am
by eribaMotters | 5.313 Posts

John drops in frequently, but here are his contact details:- http://www.nestoncaravanservices.co.uk/ He is well worth a call.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

rs540 likes this post!
Last edited Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:01 am | Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:25 pm
by Debbie (deleted)

Yes. Thanks Colin.
I did find his details yesterday and emailed him.

Trinity Triton 420GT
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sat Oct 21, 2023 1:35 pm
by 2eZero | 16 Posts

I know this is probably quite late/old, and solar panels have no doubt moved on considerably in the last few years; but I have a interesting version that I’m not sure how it’s going to work out with my new Eriba.

My car has a 200w solar panel on the roof of it, it is a 4x4 camper that I’ve used quite a bit over the last three or so years, it goes through to a MPPT and a DC to DC charger under the bonnet. This charges a full river TPPL auxiliary battery under the bonnet. I would have preferred a lithium, but due to the extreme temperatures in the engine bay a lithium would not be appropriate.

So far this solution has let me cope very well for using the 4 x 4 off grid for a week at a time.

It is a non-movable panel, and as long as I park away from trees, it will usually fully charge the battery system (and everything I have put on charge) by about lunchtime.

It will be interesting to see if, if I leave the 13 pin electrics cable plugged in, if it will then charge the caravan. I’m not sure if the auto sensing system built into the caravan will see that the battery is running at a higher voltage on the vehicle and engaged to try and charge the battery in the caravan. It was set up to be good enough for the car, but we shall see how well that works for the caravan.

This point may be moot as I intend using it at week long events where the caravan would be set up on its own and I would have to park the car elsewhere. But we shall see how that goes.

I

Simboc2004 likes this post!
Last edited Sat Oct 21, 2023 1:38 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 23 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12526 topics and 105676 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3