RE: Checklist for new Eriba

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:29 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.327 Posts

My comment about sending the dealer a pdi check list was a bit "tongue in cheek", but does have some value if it could be worded in a non inflammatory manner.

I say this as being on the receiving end of a 150 mile trip to collect a van that clearly had not been through a pdi correctly. It was faulty and filthy.
Judging by comments in this and other threads this sort of thing is not uncommon. Vans should not be leaving the factory with defects and should not be going through dealer hands to the owner.

I wish I had fully checked my van on collection and not shown good faith in the supplying dealer having done his job. I was naive.

Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice new white 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:35 pm
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.722 Posts

Quote: Markeriba wrote in post #16
Calm down Pete!!
It's okay - I'm nowhere near as livid as the post implies

I wasn't suggesting you were going to e-mail AL - I was responding to what Colin said, so I apologise for the inference.

I hope it all goes swimmingly. I really do.

Good luck!

RF18-668/2
Markeriba likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:39 pm
by Markeriba | 149 Posts

I did raise the issue of mastic around the awning rail, and the drain holes, and asked for this work to be checked before I picked up the van. I noted how it took you to clean yours, and didn't want to be sitting around on the day if the mastic need some attention.
Cameron noted my point, but also observed that there will always be some amount mastic seepage in a new van.

I think from the number of emails between me and AL over the last week, they will have got the message that I will be expecting a well presented 540!

AL to be fair to them, had offered to deliver the van at no cost up to Liverpool. Whilst a nice offer, I prefer to go and get it from them, and will stay at a campsite nearby for a couple of nights, should my lights start flashing in the middle of the night!!

Good luck with the move back up to Formby.

Cheers Mark

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:45 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.327 Posts

Good idea on making the journey to collect and i'm sure all will turn out fine as you've clearly laid out what is expected and are communicating

Hopefully we will meet up when the Formby move comes off. The chain has just collapsed but I'm assured it is fixable. At least it means a full month in France now without fear of an early return and needing to re-book crossings.

Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice new white 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:17 pm
by Frantone (deleted)

Add to list:
Slam the door a few times as if in normal use. Check that it does not lock you out.
The internal door handle can be sprung upwards into the lock position. This is a very awkward situation if your keys are inside!

Check the four corner steadies run smoothly.

Check the external water connector is not leaking when the pump is running.

Check the wheel nuts by removing the wheel trims ( steel wheels). Are there covers on the wheel nuts? Have they been deformed by excess heat?

Does the main door fit flush at top and bottom?

Carefully check the join of the interior aluminium roof trim just where your head may come into contact at the rear. Some vans have razor sharp edges just at head height!

Run all blinds and insect screens up and down a few times.

There will be more to examine!

Troll 540GT (2013) gently nudging up against Galaxy.

Markeriba likes this post!
Last edited Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:17 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 44 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105778 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3