RE: Usb socket swap

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:18 pm
by Ray Lawrence | 668 Posts

Quote: Frantone wrote in post #29
I found some neat spotlights with usb sockets in the base. They also have dimming!

https://www.caravanaccessoryshop.co.uk/p...b-port-12v/8690

That's a nice piece of kit, reasonable price too. Thanks Frantone

2007 Triton 430GT - Seat Ateca 1.4TSI petrol manual
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:24 pm
by Frantone (deleted)

I was surprised that the lamp base actually has 2 usb sockets but fitting them in place of the originals meant that only one was accessible.

ps maybe a right angled USB adapter would help.

edit....I found that I could get a usb plug in after all with a bit of fiddling

584FE1EC-E773-4FEB-B08B-A7297236A837.jpeg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Eriba #5. Triton 420 GT gently nudging Ford Galaxy.

Last edited Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:13 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:27 pm
by Ralph79 | 162 Posts

Quote: Nthurrzzz wrote in post #28
I’m considering adding some 12v usb sockets too and seems sensible to connect them to the blue csv unit in the cupboard rather than direct to a battery. I can’t find any info anywhere. Did you have any luck in the end?

Having just spent a week 'off grid' at a festival I was thinking exactly the same. We use independent battery operated lights (not 12v) and everything else is running off gas, I am sure that the leisure battery would be more than capable of charging my phone a few times.

I have a 1999 puck with the fuse box in the cupboard and some kind of connection through that to a USB socket would be great. I too have not been able to find a 'how to' anywhere.

Ralph

likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:59 pm
by Doonhamer | 77 Posts

Ralph79 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:21 pm
by Nthurrzzz (deleted)

Seen a few things about attaching wires straight to the battery or splitting and piggy back an existing pair of wires (if you have them) but nothing about simply attaching a pair of wires directly to the csv box in the cupboard. People have kindly posted links to the csv spec sheets, but there aren’t any understandable clues in there (at least to a clueless, enthusiastic amateur).
I can’t believe it is any more tricky than attaching wires to unit and running them to new usb 12v sockets fitted elsewhere. Anyone done this, or can provide an insight and share experience into connecting to the unit for a complete novice?

~ N

~ 530 and proud
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:54 pm
by Spapro (deleted)

I am going to fit a USB charging port to my 2015 Triton. Hoping to connect into the box in the cupboard on 12v.

Might get a chance to look at the box in the cupboard with my multimeter in the next couple of days. Will post up my findings once completed.

likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:15 pm
by Frantone (deleted)

I seem to remember that the Schaudt box has clearly marked 12v outlets with spade connectors which could supply usb sockets or cigarette lighter type sockets.
TonyP

Eriba #5. Triton 420 GT gently nudging Ford Galaxy.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:45 am
by Spapro (deleted)

Had a look last night and I am going to connect up my USB charging socket to circuit 5 on my CSV409 supply board.

Circuit 5 has spare pins in my case and currently appears to just have the factory fitted 'TV, Awning Light' circuit in the van connected to it (which I don't use). Thats according to the instruction manual for my Eriba which states circuit 5 is for the TV and Awning Light circuit.

Checked with the multimeter and this circuit 5 is live with the main 12 volt switch on and goes dead when the main 12 volt swiitch is turned off.

Highlighted the pins I will be using in the attached photo, Blue ring for Positive and Brown ring for Negative.

|addpics|ic3-7-d703.jpg-invaddpicsinvv|/addpics|

and like this post!
Last edited Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:51 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:55 pm
by swa49 (deleted)

Sounds like a plan. I'll probably do the same on Friday before our ABHW trip to Carmarthenshire. I'll probably mount the socket in a discreet plywood frame, so it can stand on the wardrobe base. Saves cutting into the furniture and I can easily plug/unplug from the CSV when not needed.

Triton 430GT + Golf mk7 2.0TDi DSG
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:12 pm
by Spapro (deleted)

Fitted my USB socket to the outside of the wardrobe, just under the main 12volt/lights/truma blower switch block. Just fitted it as a single and left the others undisturbed. Just need to tidy up the cables and fit some fully insulated spade connectors in place of the semi insulated ones currently pushed on the back of the socket inside the wardobe.

Will take some piccies tonight and post tomorrow. Now got a socket to fit under the sink at the other end of the panel the standard socket is fitted to. That will probably wait until the weekend.

likes this post!
Last edited Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:13 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:36 pm
by Nthurrzzz (deleted)

I noticed by the standard plug 240v socket by the dinette in the nose (2018 Troll 530) there are already cutouts underneath in prep for additional sockets. If you feel in the little cubby hole under the socket there are 2 other circular cutouts in the structural wood. Means cutting through just the formica top, running wires down, behind the seat, bathroom and up into the cupboard.

~ N

~ 530 and proud
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:48 pm
by Spapro (deleted)

I noticed the same in our Triton 430, wasn't sure how easy it would be drilling down through the formica and matching up to the pre-existing pre-drilled bit. Also wanted to be able to charge a phone down at the rear dinette with an easily accessible USB socket.

likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:51 pm
by swa49 (deleted)

Just to clarify, I'm using a 3rd party USB socket, not the one that will use the factory socket types.

Triton 430GT + Golf mk7 2.0TDi DSG
and like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:27 am
by Spapro (deleted)

Heres some photos of mine, USB socket from clearcutconversions

Basically done and working but need to change the spade connectors to fully insulated ones so theres no exposed connections within the wardrobe, and cable tie the supply cable to the other cables exitting the blue box.

|addpics|ic3-8-a39c.jpg,ic3-9-0ed0.jpg,ic3-a-174d.jpg|/addpics|

likes this post!
Last edited Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:29 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:25 pm
by Nthurrzzz (deleted)

Brilliant job. On my list.

~ N

~ 530 and proud
likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 20 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12539 topics and 105771 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1