RE: Fiamma or Omnistore?

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:53 am
by eribaMotters | 5.309 Posts

In the photo you have a small mounting bracket with a hole in it. You will also have one near the rear of the van. You may [hopefully] have one midway, or something that looks like this that my rear cycle carrier was hooked onto on a previous van:-
bike mount top bracket-800.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)
If you posses either of these then you should be able to fabricate out of a spoon, strip of bent metal etc something to raise the bag up so it does not foul the door. You will probably not get a 100% solution but you will make life a lot easier.

Where abouts do you live as somebody may have a Caravanstore you could slide in to check before buying, or an Isabella to also try for fit.

Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:17 pm
by Eribanut | 2.025 Posts

Quote: johnf wrote in post #15
What a day! Eldest son getting married and I am trying to work out how to add a photo to a post! Fortunately, Mrs JohnF is supremely organised. Hopefully picture below shows very small gap between door and awning rail. If a Caravanstore can be made to work with this (I have spoons!) I am very tempted.

Looking at your picture, the gap between awning rail seems to be the same as on our Troll so should not have a problem with Caravanstore. We sometimes mount ours on opposite side of van and have the Isabella Shadow on the door side.

Sermo datur cunctis; animi sapientia paucis
Tempus fugit; carpe diem
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:20 pm

>The only thing we do is to drop the additional centre pole in windy conditions or at night.

I say that's rather posh having a centre pole, we only have two on ours!

Tempus fugit; carpe diem
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:24 pm

He's posh Roger, the 3rd/centre pole is an optional extra.
Most poor folk pull a cord through the hole to make a V shape on the front for run-off. I have heard if do you want a pole an adjustable washing line pole is a good alternative.

Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Eribanut and Randa france like this post!
Last edited Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:29 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:09 pm
by Randa france | 12.874 Posts

Yep, quite right Colin. A aluminium telescopic washing line prop from Wilkos., £3.00. Buy two. You never know when a pole will come in handy. No, a pole, not a Pole. .
Also Eribanut, you can't use a telescopic pole for star gazing.
Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Eribanut likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:13 pm
by Steve and Debbie | 1.075 Posts

Do these canopies count as a chargeable awning ? seems unfair if they do

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:53 pm

Quote: Steve and Debbie wrote in post #21

Good question! In general we have not claimed it to be an awning and have not had any complaints from sites. If I did I would roll it up and put back in bag.

I dont agree with sites charging for Wi-Fi ( MC&CC) etc either in this day and age!

Tempus fugit; carpe diem
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:01 pm
by PooleDweller | 753 Posts

Quote: Eribanut wrote in post #22
Quote: Steve and Debbie wrote in post #21

Good question! In general we have not claimed it to be an awning and have not had any complaints from sites. If I did I would roll it up and put back in bag.

I dont agree with sites charging for Wi-Fi ( MC&CC) etc either in this day and age!

I can do without Wi-Fi when on holiday. Why should I pay for something I don't require? Surely, those who need it should pay for it?

2015 Eriba Triton 430GT pushing 2011 VW Golf Estate DSG 2L Diesel
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:34 pm

I don't really need electric either. I think the sites make more money if the extras are all included in one price.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:06 pm

I think the easiest way to price a booking is for the pitch. You should be able to do use your pitch and the site facilities as you [reasonably and sociably] wish. Some facilities you will not require whilst others you will. Your needs will differ from others. You may have two adults, an awning or a canopy. Possibly a dog or two. Your use of showers will differ from others. electricity use may be more or less than the average. Do you use/need a tv hook-up. Is wi-fi your thing..Will you use the shop or bar. How can you work out all of these variables? One price, job done, no arguments.

Colin

eribanaut likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:14 pm

Cor, this next statement makes me appear to be very 21st Century. I now have a 4G phone. You know the ones that do everything apart from phone. However I've only recently been informed that my very cheap contract includes a "bundle" of goodies like free phone calls, Emails and Free Roaming up to a certain limit.
Up until now I've not been taking advantage of these and because they are a monthly use it or lose it, I've been giving it a hammering.
I think that's what it is anyway
Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Last edited Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:15 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:33 pm

One price makes life simple. But using the phone analogy you would not want to pay the higher price for an unlimited contract if you didn't need it.

PS even though I'm subsidising everyone else's awnings and electricity on a one price pitch I still have to pay extra for my dog !

Last edited Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:39 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:14 pm

I think you misread my tongue in cheek comment. I don't pay over the odds for anything. We only go for the cheapest contract and (as far as we are aware) £8.50 a month (minus £3.00 if you accept ads) is pretty cheap,yet it still seems to have these free add ons.
Meanwhile, back to the Fiamma v Omnistore debate...........
Randa

Last edited Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:22 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:45 pm

Sorry Randa that was not in response to your comment, I was referring to #25

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:14 am
by Ray Lawrence | 667 Posts

Quote: Randa france wrote in post #28
. I don't pay over the odds for anything. We only go for the cheapest contract and (as far as we are aware) £8.50 a month (minus £3.00 if you accept ads) is pretty cheap,yet it still seems to have these free add ons.
Meanwhile, back to the Fiamma v Omnistore debate...........
Randa

Tesco? I'm looking at that one when my current contract runs out.

2007 Triton 430GT - Seat Ateca 1.4TSI petrol manual

Last edited Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:14 am | Scroll up

Visitors
6 Members and 30 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12523 topics and 105664 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 6