Winter covers for Dometic fridge

in Anything Eriba-related Fri May 18, 2018 11:16 am
by rs540 | 261 Posts

Morning everyone,

I purchased 2 grey winter covers for the Dometic fridge on my 2017 Troll 540GT at the NEC show in February.

I was assured by the vendor that the required type was LS200. However, having just got the van out of storage for a jaunt up to the Lakes this weekend, I'm disappointed (though sadly not surprised) to find that they are not correct.

The width is ok but the vents on my van are taller; LS200 covers are 17.5" x 5.25" external and the vents are 17.5" x 5.75" internal (I mention internal/external since it looks like the covers should fit within the vent recess and not over the surrounding flange although I may be wrong).

Has anyone else fitted covers to a late model Troll and if so do you know what type? I need to be armed with facts and figures before I call the vendor and ask for a refund or exchange.

Thanks in advance...

Rob

likes this post!
Scroll up

RE: Winter covers for Dometic fridge

in Anything Eriba-related Fri May 18, 2018 11:33 am
by steamdrivenandy (deleted)

I can't speak for your exact application but recently I 'found' the winter covers for my, now sold, Bailey. I tried them on the van to make sure they were the correct ones.

Two things that I'd forgotten about. One is they only fit one way up, with two curved exterior corners at the top matching the interior curved corners in the vent frame. The bottom two corners are right angled and won't fit the curved corners. The other was that they leave a small (half inchish) gap at the bottom to allow some airflow.

And you're right, they fit snuggly inside the frame and in my case there were two screw headed fixings that when turned clipped to one of the grilles.

HTH

'I've got nothing to do on this hot afternoon
but to settle down and write you a line.'

2012 Bailey Pegasus 2 Rimini being dragged by nothing at all

likes this post!
Last edited Fri May 18, 2018 11:36 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri May 18, 2018 12:24 pm
by rs540 | 261 Posts

Quote: steamdrivenandy wrote in post #2
The other was that they leave a small (half inchish) gap at the bottom to allow some airflow.

Thanks Andy, that helps a lot!

I'd figured out the rounded corners but hadn't realised there was supposed to be a gap at the bottom. It turns out I was a little hasty in giving up so quickly, both covers are now fitted, at least until tomorrow whence they shall come off again until next winter...!

likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jul 02, 2021 5:05 pm
by Border Reiver (deleted)

Can anyone confirm if the LS200 vent covers fit the latest Troll 542.
As i have normally covers on previous vans. Whilst in storage and whilst towing to prevent driving rain and spray getting in.

Many thanks in advance.
iain

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:17 pm
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.011 Posts

All the vans, except the 535 have the same fridge so they should be the same vents. I ran both our 540's through torrential rain storms at times without winter vents on and never had any flooding issues.

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Skoda Karoq 1.5 Petrol DSG
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:55 pm
by Julie Grafo | 3.464 Posts

We had a winter cover on the vent of our 2004 PuckL, neither our late Triton ( lost in Germany) or our Troll have the covers, haven’t noticed an issue yet, have we been lucky or are they not needed?

Julie & Neil. 2008 530GT pushing Honda CR-V 1.6 iDTEC SE+
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:09 pm
by Border Reiver (deleted)

I doubt they are essential, i just like as up at storage a lot of pine needles and dust.
It kept the muck out on previous van.
At end of day down to personal preference. But as i will be up past Inverness in January i may need them as well will see.

iain . Ford Kuga soon to be towing Troll 542
Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 28 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105784 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1