RE: Remoska

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:49 am
by steamdrivenandy (deleted)

I read somewhere that Lakeland no longer offer a lifetime warranty on the Remoska. We've had one since 2006, or should I say we're on our third, each one replaced with absolutely no quibble by Lakeland. We use it all the time in our van and at home. It even gets used as the cooker of choice at Christmas for the sausage/bacon trimmings for the turkey.

Middlesex 29 years
Hertfordshire 15 years
Essex 2 years
North Yorkshire 15 years
North Staffordshire 9 years

'Eribacar' - aka Horizons Unlimited Innovation 3 MWB Ford Transit panel van conversion.

Last edited Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:49 am | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:25 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.611 Posts

I have just joined the Remoska craze, thanks for the links and 5 pound discount.... My gas will probably last an extra two years now..

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:22 am
by Nthurrzzz (deleted)

Quote: steamdrivenandy wrote in post #16
I read somewhere that Lakeland no longer offer a lifetime warranty on the Remoska. We've had one since 2006, or should I say we're on our third, each one replaced with absolutely no quibble by Lakeland. We use it all the time in our van and at home. It even gets used as the cooker of choice at Christmas for the sausage/bacon trimmings for the turkey.

I asked Lakeland. They have a 3 year warranty on the Remoska.

~ N

~ 530 and proud
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:58 am
by Bryn | 993 Posts

we are just back from Isle de Re and the remoska was used on a regular basis,

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:00 pm

Quote: Nthurrzzz wrote in post #18
Quote: steamdrivenandy wrote in post #16

I asked Lakeland. They have a 3 year warranty on the Remoska.

Alza have a two year warranty

https://www.alza.co.uk/remoska-r-21f-ts-...5137229.htm?o=2

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:12 pm
by Eribanut | 2.025 Posts

Quote: Julie Grafo wrote in post #15
Timely. Using my Remoska last night it started making some very funny noises and the lid discoloured really badly, went almost white. Not happy, well out of guarantee. Don't trust it any more so ordered a gold one having signed up for the fiver off, thanks Colin.
You could ask why am I buying another when this one has failed so badly but I use it nearly every day, I have a built in double oven in the kitchen that hardly ever gets used. I would be lost without it, I know there are similar products on the market but not such low wattage which means it's the first thing to go in the Eriba when we are away.

Julie should give Lakeland a call tell them what's happened, say you lost receipt and see what they say. I know people that have had them for years and Lakeland has still replaced them as they are the only distributor in UK.

Sermo datur cunctis; animi sapientia paucis
Tempus fugit; carpe diem
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:08 pm

I'm not sure where we stand with our Lakeland warranty now. As I say we purchased our Remoska 12 years ago and it's been replaced free of charge on two occasions. Does the lifetime warranty still apply to ours or can they refuse a further swap out? Surely if the 3 year warranty is on recent sales they can't just impose it on products purchased under a different set of terms?

Middlesex 29 years
Hertfordshire 15 years
Essex 2 years
North Yorkshire 15 years

'Eribacar' - aka Horizons Unlimited Innovation 3 MWB Ford Transit panel van conversion.

Last edited Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:09 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:10 am
by Julie Grafo | 3.461 Posts

They can and they did, to me. My old Remoska failed and when it went in to them they charged me to upgrade to the then new windowless model. That packed up quite quickly but I hadn't kept the receipt, didn't realise I needed to. They told me that there was no such thing as the Lifetime warranty, never had been and that without the receipt there was no warranty at all, not even the 3 years. They did swap it for a new one but the receipt they gave me said quite clearly that this was a replacement for one with no receipt therefore no warranty. Hence my now buying one from Alza, still love my Remoskas just don't love Lakeland prices.

Julie & Neil. 2008 530GT pushing Honda CR-V 1.6 iDTEC SE+
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:43 am

So if there'd never been a lifetime warranty, how come they changed our '06 purchased one in '08 and that one in '12? In both cases they never requested a receipt and we sent them back and received a new one in the post.

Middlesex 29 years
Hertfordshire 15 years
Essex 2 years
North Yorkshire 15 years

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:48 pm

They changed our first one ok, no questions asked, then it got sticky when the design changed. All of a sudden they were back pedalling on the lifetime warranty. Maybe our local Lakeland is a slightly unfriendly exception to the rules but I don't think they play nicely anymore.

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:17 am

If your buying from Alza you will also need a Euro two pin to UK converter plug, they have them on their website..

https://www.alzashop.com/goobay-uk-eu-d1774604.htm

Last edited Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:34 am | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:30 pm

I didn't spot that when ordering my Remoska from Alza. It arrived just a few hours before we went away last week so couldn't take it with us. Rang Alza and they dispatched an adaptor (at no charge) which I collected today when we got back. Very good service and good price.

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:24 pm
by Eribanut | 2.025 Posts

Just had a look on Lakeland website and it does say on Remoska page that it now comes with a 3 year warranty! Must check my receipt on my last exchange!

Sermo datur cunctis; animi sapientia paucis
Tempus fugit; carpe diem
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:33 pm
by eribanaut | 1.228 Posts

It doesn't matter what your last exchange says, your guarantee is defined by the conditions of your original purchase.
Dave

Skoda Kodiaq 2.0 150 Tdi DSG Troll 552 - 2005
Don't worry about the destination, enjoy the journey.
Scroll up

Visitors
5 Members and 25 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12539 topics and 105771 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 5