Remoska

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:14 pm
by Tomored | 2.128 Posts

Just looking through the new Lake land catalogue that arrived this morning and low and behold the Remoska has got its viewing window back. No change in the price yet.

The only way to have a friend, Is to be one
Scroll up

RE: Remoska

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:55 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.324 Posts

At £150 a bit eye watering https://www.lakeland.co.uk/31945/Standar...th-Glass-Lid-2L
If you want a new one at the really good price of £99 then try here https://www.alza.co.uk/remoska-r-21f-ori...4589620.htm?o=3
And even cheaper at £77 but in gold https://www.alza.co.uk/remoska-r-21f-ts-...5137229.htm?o=2

Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Big Al likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:38 pm
by Soulbluesman (deleted)

Showing my ignorance here but why are these things so popular and what would make them good for caravaning?

Recently Kath has decided that we no longer want cooking smells in our Troll, which followed me making a particularly stonkingly good curry on the hob. Murmurs of "how are we supposed to live with this odour for days" followed - even though she had seconds of the curry!

As a result we are looking for something to cook on in the awning using the outside plug. On Monday following my visit to the local Asda we were looking at the alternative of a slow cooker or some kind of electric grill like a George Foreman, f. Never thought of one of these Remoska things.

If you are a convert to one of these why would you recommend anyone to get one? MikeT

Last edited Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:40 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:07 pm

Mike,
we used to use a small [1400 watt] electric oven when the boys camped with us. This did the usual jackets, curry, chilli, lasagne etc that they craved.
Now it's just the two of us we go to sites that are not so well equiped, lower star rating and electric hook up is sometimes only 6 amp.
I was gifted a Remoska, now about 25+ yrs old, by my mum and thought it a gimmick. I enjoy cooking and must to say I am impressed. It will do everything except crisp a good roast. Keep an eye out on gumtree and buy one, you will not regret it.

Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:27 pm
by Soulbluesman (deleted)

Cheers Colin that's helpful.

I'm sure that a mate of mine had one or something like it for years when he was well enough to go caravaning and by sheer coincidence I am meeting him for a pub lunch on Tuesday. I will give him a good grilling(!) about i and get his thoughts.

You never know he might still even have it somewhere, although he moved house recently. He might even pass it on for a new life if he still has it but he is a bit notorious for being able to peel an orange in his pocket, so probably wishful thinking on my part. MikeT

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:56 pm
by Julie Grafo | 3.461 Posts

The quickest way to sum up a Remoska Mike is, it's compact, low wattage and will cook just about anything. The downside is the price but they are available elsewhere at least these days.
For an Eriba they are brilliant, not much to store and very versatile.

Julie & Neil. 2008 530GT pushing Honda CR-V 1.6 iDTEC SE+
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:15 am
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

Papa smurf introduced me to the cookbook that goes with it, which is what made me fork out for one. The recipes are really good. I also love the fact that it's really simple. Its on or off. No faffing about.

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:40 am
by Nthurrzzz (deleted)

Quote: Soulbluesman wrote in post #3
Showing my ignorance here but why are these things so popular and what would make them good for caravaning?

Recently Kath has decided that we no longer want cooking smells in our Troll, which followed me making a particularly stonkingly good curry on the hob. Murmurs of "how are we supposed to live with this odour for days" followed - even though she had seconds of the curry!

As a result we are looking for something to cook on in the awning using the outside plug. On Monday following my visit to the local Asda we were looking at the alternative of a slow cooker or some kind of electric grill like a George Foreman, f. Never thought of one of these Remoska things.

If you are a convert to one of these why would you recommend anyone to get one? MikeT

We use our Cadac to avoid cooking smells inside. Because it has a grid you can swap on for the traditional bbq grill, it acts a single burner. The chef pan get used most. We’ll make the curry outside and cook the rice inside the Eriba.

We got this package in some deal or other earlier this year - https://www.cadacinternational.com/uk/pr...bq%20chef%20pan

Having said all that - the remoska looks an interesting addition to cold season caravaning

~ N

~ 530 and proud
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:33 am
by Spapro (deleted)

Recently bought a 2nd hand Remoska off ebay and its brilliant, so far done large jacket potatoes and risotto and totally converted, we will use it a lot in the future.

Cooks quickly, large jacket potatoes cook in around 1hour 30 minutes (turn them halfway through) and lovely fluffy Risotto in around 50 minutes from memory.

Easy to use and very easy to clean. Buy one you won't regret it. That £77 deal for the Gold one looks like a steal !

Its such a perfect addition to an Eriba - Hymer should offer it as an optional extra, having said that then it would probably cost £495

Julie Grafo and like this post!
Last edited Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:38 am | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:25 pm
by Nthurrzzz (deleted)

2l or 4l remoska for a couple?

~ N

~ 530 and proud
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:46 pm
by Spapro (deleted)

2 litre is plenty big enough for a couple - takes 3 big jacket potatoes quite comfortably, Risotto for 3 people no problem (we had our daughter away with us in the summer)

likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:12 pm

Looks like you can get another £5 off, even better value.
https://www.alza.co.uk/get-discount/3149-14957.htm

Colin

Julie Grafo likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:45 pm
by Big Al | 223 Posts

eribaMotters thanks for the tip.

I have ordered the standard at a saving of £60 on Lakeland the prices (ordered before I saw your other discount! ).

The £77 price is offset with a £15 delivery charge but still saving a huge £60..!

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:38 am
by Islay Corbel (deleted)
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:27 am
by Julie Grafo | 3.461 Posts

Timely. Using my Remoska last night it started making some very funny noises and the lid discoloured really badly, went almost white. Not happy, well out of guarantee. Don't trust it any more so ordered a gold one having signed up for the fiver off, thanks Colin.
You could ask why am I buying another when this one has failed so badly but I use it nearly every day, I have a built in double oven in the kitchen that hardly ever gets used. I would be lost without it, I know there are similar products on the market but not such low wattage which means it's the first thing to go in the Eriba when we are away.

Julie & Neil. 2008 530GT pushing Honda CR-V 1.6 iDTEC SE+
Eribanut likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
4 Members and 20 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12538 topics and 105761 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 4