Best Wheel Clamp / Lock

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:50 pm
by Grumpy (deleted)

Any suggestions for the best wheel clamp / lock for a Triton with steel wheels? From looking around the forum I now know that the Nemesis Ultra wont fit the steel wheels. Any others to avoid, or favoured ones to go with? Ideally not something that is too big or heavy.

Scroll up

RE: Best Wheel Clamp / Lock

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:58 pm
by Tomored | 2.128 Posts

This is what I use on my Triton 430 , fairly light , easy and quick to put on .

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Milenco-2745-MI...sc=1&th=1&psc=1

The only way to have a friend, Is to be one
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:21 pm
by Eribanut | 2.025 Posts

Quote: Grumpy wrote in post #1
Any suggestions for the best wheel clamp / lock for a Triton with steel wheels? From looking around the forum I now know that the Nemesis Ultra wont fit the steel wheels. Any others to avoid, or favoured ones to go with? Ideally not something that is too big or heavy.

It says in their blurb it does fit steel wheels !

https://www.purpleline.co.uk/all-products/nemesis-ultra

Sermo datur cunctis; animi sapientia paucis
Tempus fugit; carpe diem
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:47 pm
by Grumpy (deleted)

Yep, saw that, as did the salesman at the caravan shop today. However I've read on here that the bolt it comes with wont sit in the seat of an Eriba steel wheel bolt. Fine for an alloy, but not a steel. Happy to hear this isn't the case though?

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:13 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.327 Posts

I used a Bulldog Euroclamp until buying the Nemesis Ultra a couple of years ago. This fitted my Eriba alloys and more importantly for you, the steel wheels of a Camplet trailer tent. This had 145 x 70 R13's.
https://www.bulldogsecure.com/view/bulld...0ss-euroclamp/5
11-1600.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Colin

Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:07 pm
by bernardm (deleted)

Eriba steel wheels use spherical seat bolts,the nemesis uses a tapered bolt , all the info is in the Eriba owners handbook.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:08 pm
by Stevejoyce (deleted)

More on this one, ours came with a Nemesys Ultra clamp but steel wheels. The conical bolt holds the torque ok but would like to improve things. I have just ordered some adapter washers which should allow the conical bolt to fully seat in the ball profile steel seats. The receiver bolt threads are quite a bit longer than the rest of the wheel bolts so should be ok. These only seem to be available in the USA but for £10 inc shipping / tax for a set, seemed to be worth a go.

Triton 420 towed by a Ford Kuga 2.0 TDCi
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:57 am
by monoboard | 352 Posts

Sadly the thieves would just undo the wheel bolts/nuts and put another wheel on its place, you can add a locking bolt but after having 40 + years in the tyre business i personally wouldn't, i haven't heard of a set of wheels being stolen in 20 years but we hear of at least two people a week stuck on a rd side or a garage and the lock nut just rounds of. They usually just tend to have a hollow star pattern and when the threads get a little rust on them etc! You need a wheel clamp that covers the wheel bolts to be effective in my opinion, this is the euro clamp i'm talking about which is designed to use with a locking bolt to be effective!!

Last edited Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:59 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:53 am
by Randa france | 12.888 Posts

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:06 pm
by Stevejoyce (deleted)

Had these arrive today from the US. This should allow the conical receiver bolt of our Nemesys Ultra wheel lock to correctly locate in the spherical seats of our steel wheels.

20190928_190118[1].jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Triton 420 towed by a Ford Kuga 2.0 TDCi
Scroll up

Visitors
4 Members and 19 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105781 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 4