RE: Cooking in a Caravan, preferably an Eriba!

in Do you have a simple one or two pan recipe you would like to share with others? Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:41 am
by Crystal | 245 Posts

As Randa said we bought a pan set from Go Outdoors, but hardly ever use it as we got a small induction-suitable frying pan from Lidls and I do virtually everything in that. Not had a problem with steak - just put the oil in first. Not such a good cook to know how hot it needs to be before putting in the steak!

One thing to remember is that the induction only cooks food that is immersed or directly in contact with pan - so if you boil eggs in the frying pan you need to turn them over halfway through, or put a lot of water in!

1999 Eriba Troll
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Do you have a simple one or two pan recipe you would like to share with others? Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:14 pm
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

Having never heard that you shouldn't heat an empty pan........what's the reason?

Betty, 1998 Triton 430 and Colin, a Renault Mégane.
eribanaut likes this post!
Scroll up

in Do you have a simple one or two pan recipe you would like to share with others? Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:22 pm
by Eribanut | 2.025 Posts

Quote: KeithDM wrote in post #29
Okay Induction Meisters, as one is warned not to put an empty pan on the hob, how do you get the pan hot enough to sear a steak as soon as you drop it in the pan? Is a light coating of oil enough to prevent discolouration/distortion of the pan base whilst getting up to temp?

PS - our new VonShef (see earlier post) arrived just in time for me to try it out making spaghetti for lunch (even I can boil water!) to go with my wife's home-made pesto. All seems to work well :)

Most "tv Chefs" advocate oiling the meat not the pan however with induction it heats the pan very quickly so if you oil the pan both will get hot very quickly then bung in the beef (steak) and away you go. add knob of butter halfway through and baste to taste !

Sermo datur cunctis; animi sapientia paucis
Tempus fugit; carpe diem
eribanaut likes this post!
Scroll up

in Do you have a simple one or two pan recipe you would like to share with others? Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:59 pm
by KeithDM (deleted)

Zitat
Having never heard that you shouldn't heat an empty pan........what's the reason?

According to the booklet that came with ours, if the hob is turned on with an empty pan on it, the pan will very quickly overheat, leading to discolouration and probable distortion of the pan base.

KeithDM
2019 Troll 540 & 6300 Canopy + G3 Residence Room
2015 Honda CR-V 2.0 i-VTEC EX
Emile the Second
gamrer02 and Williebraveheart like this post!
Scroll up

in Do you have a simple one or two pan recipe you would like to share with others? Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:11 pm
by Steve and Debbie | 1.073 Posts

Quote: Randa france wrote in post #22

This is our second Andrew James in seven years and the customer service is second to none
Randa

They've ceased to trade, good job you have a spare I suppose thats the price of good customer service.

Puck 120 GT - Nissan Pulsar 1.5DCi

Last edited Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:00 pm | Scroll up

in Do you have a simple one or two pan recipe you would like to share with others? Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:12 am
by sooty (deleted)

having been in catering for 47 years,i find the burners,cadac,and remoska allows me to cook anything I would do at home without any problems.allthough souflles,are out.and no pans for lobster.

Scroll up

in Do you have a simple one or two pan recipe you would like to share with others? Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:11 pm
by monoboard | 350 Posts

Hi, i followed the link for the Remoska's, by goodness there's a few different versions on there website, rather baffling

Scroll up

in Do you have a simple one or two pan recipe you would like to share with others? Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:24 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.302 Posts

2L standard size is perfect for two. Older window top style useful for seeing contents. Coloured versions a gimmick, in my humble opinion.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Do you have a simple one or two pan recipe you would like to share with others? Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:25 pm
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.112 Posts

hi Monoboard

Would agree with Colin that the 2L standard does really well for two.We bought ours from the website direct and it came quite quickly and at a few pound less than Lakeland.

We cook all sorts of stuff in it & think its great fun to play with. Someone gave us a copy of the cookbook but we prefer to experiment and do our own think.

MikeT

We bought ours dierect

Scroll up

in Do you have a simple one or two pan recipe you would like to share with others? Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:26 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.302 Posts

We are just back from 3 nights away and used it each night:-
- Baked leak and spring greens risotto + some fried sreaky bacon
- Beef stew reheated with brocolli sitting ontop for the last 10 mins + boiled rice
- Quiche surrounded by baby new pots that we left in for another 10 mins aftrer the quiche came out + salad

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 16 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12518 topics and 105613 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0