RE: Leaking window seals and appalling Lowdhams service

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:46 pm
by PooleDweller | 753 Posts

As I live in Poole I obviously use AL. It is my understanding that following the first two years of dealer servicing, to comply with Hymers warranty T's & C's, you only need to have the water ingress check performed by an authorised dealer for the following 4 years. Servicing can be done by a third party following the initial two years. Furthermore, it is my understanding that while the van is on the lift they examine the condition of the underside sealant and if necessary will reseal any damaged part. This year as out van is not being used all that's being done is the damp check to comply with the water ingress warranty. That check is being made 5 months past the anniversary date of purchase which is 9th April as a 6 month grace period is permitted within the warranty period. Obviously the last check must be done on or before the 6th anniversary which means there will be two water ingress checks in a year. The water ingress warranty has to be done by a dealer as all records are now held on computer at Hymer in Bad Waldsee and only a dealer has access to that system to update records. That's my understanding. Of course I may be wrong.

2015 Eriba Triton 430GT pushing a 2011 VW Golf Estate DSG 2L Diesel
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:42 pm
by Captain Calamity | 348 Posts

Note that Travel World Stafford will carry out a warranty repair even if the problem was caused elsewhere. Don’t know where you are based but it might be worth the trip. Based on my experience, the service at TW is stellar, light years ahead of Lowdhams.

marmite and like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:52 am
by marmite | 400 Posts

Similar to Captain C we were unhappy with the service from the outfit at Tebay which is where the van was first purchased so we went to Travelworld in Stafford who sorted out the incorrectly fitted window seals refitted everything and then drenched the van for two solid days to check all was well. Can't comment on Lowdhams because we have never used them . Travelworld are the go to place for warranty work but on vans out of warranty John England is your man he is a genius.

Denise & Phil

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:08 pm
by Roubaix (deleted)

Being a very recent Newbie i find this thread very useful, but may i ask who is John England?

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:28 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.324 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

Here he is, the man in question:- u28_JohnE.html
A fine gent and much respected by those who come across him.
If you have a technical question he will undoubtedly know the answer.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Last edited Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:33 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:07 pm
by Randa france | 12.881 Posts

And here's a link to a thread he posted some years ago in which he points out the worthiness of using MCEA members. We took his advice and found a man near to us in South Wales who has proved to be very reliable.

Mobile Caravan Engineers

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Last edited Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:08 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:00 pm
by Harry m (deleted)

A quick update, in my last post the van was going back to Lowdhams for the3rd time for the leaking back window seal

We took it back up on the 4th of September for the work to be carried out they had it for 5 weeks and I’m happy to say it’s sorted, but I will be keeping a eye on it with the damp meter

eribaMotters likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 20 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12538 topics and 105761 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1