RE: Driving Licences for age 70+

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:07 am
by eribaMotters | 5.328 Posts

Best of luck with the lessons and test. When you look back in a year you will probably wonder what all the stress was about.
With the van on the back you automatically read the road and conditions more, looking further ahead and watching what is going on behind you. Your driving should also become smoother.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
mr_underhill and WendyT like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:25 am
by mr_underhill | 688 Posts

Does that mean he will become a smooth operator ? Or is it too late for that ?

Tardis II , Eriba Puck 1990 pushing a Fiat 500 Colour Therapy, Twin Air Turbo.
One man and his dog.. retired 🐶
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:25 pm
by Eribanut | 2.025 Posts

Quote: eribaMotters wrote in post #5
Quote: Skoderiba wrote in post #2

As far as I am aware I can only drive vehicles with a total GTW (gross train weight) of 3500 kg. OK with my Octavia & Troll.

You must be close to the 3,500kg limit. It is not the actual trainweight of the car/caravan combination but the theoretical max.
If you later changed the Octavia for a Karoq and were towing the same van your combination would have a theoretical limit over the 3,500kg

Colin

Just been reading through these posts and am confused!! Looking on DVLA website if you have cat B,BE on your license then the GTW is 8250kg ??

Category B - if you passed your test before 1 January 1997
You’re usually allowed to drive a vehicle and trailer combination up to 8,250kg maximum authorised mass (MAM). View your driving licence information to check.

Sermo datur cunctis; animi sapientia paucis
Tempus fugit; carpe diem
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:44 pm
by scouteralf | 114 Posts

passed my test on 24/09/76 renewed licence last year came with cat A B1 B BE

troll 530GT pushing Kia sportage awd
Eribanut likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:26 pm
by Rhys (deleted)

I've just been through this process. If you took your test before 1997 then you already have BE category on your license and if you renew online as I did , it remains on the license and is all you need for towing a caravan. It's much more of an issue if you took your test from 1997 onwards, or if you want to drive a vehicle (motorhome or truck) that weights in at over 3500kg

Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 38 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12541 topics and 105785 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2