RE: Eriba (NOT) Jacking points.

in Anything Eriba-related Sun May 31, 2020 1:03 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.316 Posts

Mike,
you do need another set of bolts. My first port of call would be the dealer who supplied your van. I know lowdhams are opening up on Monday so others should also. Tell them it has come to your attention you are lacking the bolts for your spare that you've paid for and you'd appreciate them sending you a set of 5 out.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun May 31, 2020 1:47 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.609 Posts

My last 2015 Eriba came with alloy wheels, however the spare is a steel wheel. The van came with an extra set of wheel nuts in the event if the spare was going to be used, the shanks on them are different for Alloys and steel wheels. It's the same rule for cars as well. My spare bolts were in the manual folder, have a look you may have not noticed..

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!

Last edited Sun May 31, 2020 1:49 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:59 am
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.118 Posts

Hi Colin and Poptop

I will have a look for the bolts and if I can't locate any I will contact AL in Poole

Thanks for your help

MikeT

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:05 pm
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.722 Posts

Quote: SOULBLUESMAN68 wrote in post #18
Hi Colin and Poptop

I will have a look for the bolts and if I can't locate any I will contact AL in Poole

Thanks for your help

MikeT
I don't know what AL would charge for the steel spare bolts, but if they strike you as expensive you can get a set here for a fiver plus whatever the postage is.

addisb likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:39 pm

Thanks Pepe

I have started a search of the Troll and will then look in the shed where I keep some caravan stuff.

MikeT

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:12 pm

Hi again

After a long search I found some bolts in a plastic freezer bag in the shed, with some instructions in German. When I opened Pepe's link they were identical. Talk about feeling a numpty..I am still trying to work out how they got there from the Troll

I do have some memory problems and totally forgot what Cameron at AL told me about them when we collected the van. It then went from my mind that the spare was steel when the others were alloys.

It is a good job that I read this thread or else I could have ended up with a puncture and the AA would have been unable to fit the spare, with all the ramifications of that.

Bizarrely an hour after I found these bolts I got a puncture in the rear wheel of our Karoq & had to call out the AA. Strangely a bolt has gone through the tyre and ruined it - £150 down the swanny to replace it. Bolts revenge for my carelessness.

Thanks for the help.
MikeT

mr_underhill likes this post!
Last edited Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:13 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:05 am
by addisb | 169 Posts

Monsieur Le Pew,
Many thanks for that link.
I did enquire from two large Eriba dealers as to the price and availability for said set of bolts but as yet I have not received a reply from either.
Off with me now to Taunton Trailers website to purchase a set. I wonder how many folk do not have these bolts for the steel rim spare ? Its thanks to this Forum that I now know of the requirement for them and to a stockist.
Regards,
Chris

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:03 am
by atkinbrown | 62 Posts

We ave just had a spare wheel(steel) fitted at Adventure Leasure Tebay and after pressing the point about different bolts for steel and alloy the engineer and the service manager were adamant that the bolts can be used on steel or alloy. Our van is a 2018 model so maybe for older models this would not be the case.

Eriba 530GT and Golf 2ltr Estate
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:57 pm
by Ray Lawrence | 668 Posts

Just had to pop out to my 2007 Triton in the back garden to check my spares kit. I do have the anti theft socket and 4 screws in a plastic bag. Presumably the screws are for the steel spare.

2007 Triton 430GT - Seat Ateca 1.4TSI petrol manual
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:59 pm
by Steve and Debbie | 1.075 Posts

Quote: Ray Lawrence wrote in post #24
Just had to pop out to my 2007 Triton in the back garden to check my spares kit. I do have the anti theft socket and 4 screws in a plastic bag. Presumably the screws are for the steel spare.
Just check they are all the same length as per post #11

Puck 120 GT - Nissan Pulsar 1.5DCi
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:35 am
by Ray Lawrence | 668 Posts

Thanks Steve & Debbie.
Just checked and mine are conical seat with 24mm thread.
I also have two antitheft keys!

2007 Triton 430GT - Seat Ateca 1.4TSI petrol manual
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:01 pm
by MogmanHaydn (deleted)

Bought our 540GT new in 2019. It cam with a spare set of bolts specifically for the steel spare wheel.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Oct 13, 2023 7:01 pm
by Simboc2004 | 654 Posts

My 2005 Triton 430GT is on the original alloys with a steel spare and it came (to me at least) with an extra set of steel wheel bolts in a jiffy bag.

Poppy, our 2005 Eriba 430GT, leading our Volvo V70 astray...
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Oct 13, 2023 9:43 pm
by Inspecta_Gadget | 209 Posts

Hyundai

Last edited Fri Oct 13, 2023 9:44 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Oct 14, 2023 10:39 am
by Randa france | 12.876 Posts

Lost for words Steve?
R

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
mr_underhill, Simboc2004 and addisb like this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
4 Members and 21 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12528 topics and 105704 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 4