RE: Tracking Devices

in Anything Eriba-related Sun May 17, 2020 12:31 am
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.123 Posts

Not sure of the answer to that. Just know that some scumbags will steal anything of value.

Perhaps because we are such a relatively small group of owners and the market to sell is quite small that gives us some sort of protection. Perhaps also most of our Eribas don't have all the bells & whistles that modern big white boxes have that make Eribas less desirable to steal and move on quickly.

Like Poptop I would not want to tempt fate.............MikeT

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun May 17, 2020 9:21 am
by eribaMotters | 5.327 Posts

I think there was news of one case on this site last year. when a foreign van was traced through social media to Spain.
In addition to this, since Eriba ownership starting in 2003 I have very vague recollections of a Puck going missing, and that's it.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun May 17, 2020 11:37 am
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.722 Posts

Quote: SOULBLUESMAN68 wrote in post #16
Perhaps also most of our Eribas don't have all the bells & whistles that modern big white boxes have that make Eribas less desirable to steal...
Not so much that - you can't get eleven children, four lurchers, three wheelbarrows and a cubic metre of hot bitmac in a Triton.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun May 17, 2020 4:08 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.611 Posts

Quote: Pepé Le Pew wrote in post #18
Quote: SOULBLUESMAN68 wrote in post #16
Perhaps also most of our Eribas don't have all the bells & whistles that modern big white boxes have that make Eribas less desirable to steal...
Not so much that - you can't get eleven children, four lurchers, three wheelbarrows and a cubic metre of hot bitmac in a Triton..

Haha, I was subliminally referring to that profile, however you put it a lot more eloquently than me....

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!

Last edited Sun May 17, 2020 4:58 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon May 18, 2020 7:47 pm
by Edna III (deleted)

Hi Colin.

Its an asset tracker made and supported by CanTrack… https://cantrack.com/

60th Edition 530 being eased along by VW Tiguan
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:52 pm
by jago68 (deleted)

I have a puck L, so no longer made. What’s the point in having new fir old policy?
I was thinking of a magnetic tracker linked to an app in my phone . You can buy
them from amazon

Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 59 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105778 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1