RE: POP TOPS IN GENERAL

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:18 pm
by Steve and Debbie | 1.075 Posts

Quote: eribaMotters wrote in post #14
Dave,
how do you get Windows 10's spell checker work on here?

Colin

It's more about the browser. In Chrome select settings from the 3 dots at the top right, click advanced at the bottom, then under language select spell check. (I've found basic better than enhanced). Make sure your language is 'English (United Kingdom)'

Steve

Puck 120 GT - Nissan Pulsar 1.5DCi

Pepé Le Pew likes this post!
Last edited Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:19 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:08 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.327 Posts

Ah, that's why, I think. I don't use Edge, I use Firefox. Strange thing is I have "Check your spelling as you type" box ticked.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:45 am
by Paul Godfrey (deleted)

Thanks for all who took the trouble to point out pros and cons of Eriba, a dedicated bunch to what seems to be a great caravan. However I am now reading posts by some members about water ingress around the centre joins ! How much of a problem is this and does it affect all models at some time. I guess a central seam is likely to move with time and the problem as I see it is you don't know its happened until you see the watermarks on the inside and by that time it has discoloured the wallcovering which by all accounts is difficult to replace. Is there a way of stopping this before it happens. I suppose the older the model the more likely it is to happen?

Bertie Berlingo [2019] pulling Dandy Dart at moment.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:33 pm
by Steve and Debbie | 1.075 Posts

Quote: eribaMotters wrote in post #17
I don't use Edge, I use Firefox. Strange thing is I have "Check your spelling as you type" box ticked.

Colin

I decided to give Firefox a go on this. After spending the amount of time only allowed in lock down I found that the US version of Firefox has a dictionary built in. The UK version appears not to have this feature and you must add your own dictionary from the ADD-ONS. This works and seems to be the most popular.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox...y-2/?src=search

Steve

Puck 120 GT - Nissan Pulsar 1.5DCi

Last edited Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:33 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:57 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.327 Posts

I've added it, just cheking if it works.

Colin

Does not look like it dis the job.

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Steve and Debbie likes this post!
Last edited Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:59 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:09 pm
by Julie Grafo | 3.463 Posts

Paul, to answer your query re water ingress. The seal around the midline trim and the awning rail are considered to be good for about 10 years so factor that in and get in early. Something we didn’t know until after we had the issue ☹️.
Another weak point, not one we’ve suffered from, is the high level brake light apparently.
These are exceptions rather than the rule, there are old Eriba’s out there that have never had any water ingress issues. From what I hear of other marques of caravans they are far worse.

Julie & Neil. 2008 530GT pushing Honda CR-V 1.6 iDTEC SE+
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:46 pm
by Paul Godfrey (deleted)

Thanks for that J & N. Can't help but be drawn towards the Freedom range. From what I hear not built so well but if they don't ever leak, or can't that has got to be a plus, As we will be moving from a Dandy I guess it would seem posher anyway. We will have to look objectively at all the pop tops and try to pick brains like yours on the way. Perhaps we can get out there soon.

Bertie Berlingo [2019] pulling Dandy Dart at moment.
Scroll up

Visitors
4 Members and 54 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12539 topics and 105776 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 4