POP TOPS IN GENERAL

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:58 pm
by Paul Godfrey (deleted)

Probably not the right place to ask, but on the other hand should get some good honest answers.

How do the other pop tops Trigano Silver and Freedom compare to Eriba.

I am searching for Familia but get lead astray to other makes, especially the Silver, low towing/storage height solid lantern sides and larger pop top seem appealing.

Would appreciate any coments before I am lead astray.

Bertie Berlingo [2019] pulling Dandy Dart at moment.
Scroll up

RE: POP TOPS IN GENERAL

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:05 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.327 Posts

I'll be as polite and un-snobbish as possible:-
I've always discounted the Freedom as they look, erm, well more than a bit ugly.
The Trigano do look fairly nice but not as nice as an Eriba. Visually they tend to sit low and not quite right to my eye. Inside all seems good, but build is I am led to believe not all that good and resale values poor, more in line with big white wobbly boxes .
Keep looking for a Famila and I'm sure you'll be happy. Only thing you may regret is not getting a Triton.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Last edited Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:31 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:02 pm
by Randa france | 12.885 Posts

We had a good look around the outside only of this Silver a couple of years ago and we were quite impressed but it did look a bit bulky and out of proportion when compared with our Troll.

IMG_5139.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

I suppose there are a few poptops out there that have characteristics that are appealing but the one thing they cannot compete with is the style and aerodynamics of an Eriba.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Last edited Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:20 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:22 pm

Roger,
I didn't mention the Kip Kompakt EKV. Possibly the only thing that might tempt me. Even rarer in the UK than our Eriba. Super build, good lucking [up until a couple of years ago] and high spec, including extras such as underfloor heating.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:40 am

https://kipcaravans.nl/en/models/kompakt/

Yes but would you be happy towing what translates into English as a "Chicken"?

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Last edited Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:42 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:06 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.611 Posts

I looked at Freedom caravans before I bought my Eriba Familia 320, the internal build quality was poor and the insulation was very thin.. The Eriba will be a lot more expensive than the Triago or the Freedom, however you will probably get most of your money back when you come to sell it and it will last many more years than the other two brands. Its not uncommon for a 40 year old eriba to be still on the road.

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:50 pm
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.123 Posts

Hi Paul
I guess we were in the same place as you once. We were dedicated tenters but sadly both my hips were deteriorating and the pegging out got too much. We knew nothing about caravans but decided one might do. We looked at loads and loads and nearly bought a little white box.

However then I saw an Eriba and was smitten, although my wife wasn't That got me looking at other pop-tops and we ended up looking at every kind. A visit to the NEC enabled us to sit in every one several times and make comparisons. for us they seemed to be of a better quality and design than the other poptops & foldable vans.

When we were looking at the AL Eriba stand a strange man came up and pressed an eribafolk card in our hands and muttered something about Eribas being fantastic..........................

Oddly we had booked a few days near Southbourne and so we arranged to visit AL at Poole & a place nearby that did other poptops. A young lad called Cameron showed us round the full range of Eribas new & used.& spent a couple of hours with us - he was great. kath suddenly became an Eriba convert, indeed an extremely passionate one. we were fascinated by the potential of the 540GT, with all its exrtas.

When we went to the other place sadly there was a terrible road accident and we were unable to get through at all. We wondered if there was some fate in that.and we set of home with lots of thoughts running through our heads.We got back up North and faced the same questions that you now have. We did one of those daft for & against lists and then ordered the Troll 540GT.after another meeting with Camerat the next NEC.

What sold us:

Style and build quality of the Eriba - everything seemed to fit very well
The Eriba was more expensive but they keep their value very well
As they had been built for over 50 years they had sorted their teething problems
we loved the look of the shiny grey GT - so stylish and took me back to my scooter days in the 1960s. Some do prefer the white
The 540 made up beds in singles, wide singles and even a massive double. The dining area also turned into a bed - so lots of flexibility for grandchildren
They are easy to tow because of low roof & aerodynamics but not as lightweight as some other makes.
On warm nights having the pop tops vents open gave lots of fresh air - at times almmost like a tent
The little table fits outside for al fresco eating
Kath thought the interior colours were stlish whereas she hated the garish styling of other makes

Since we've had the van other things have become apparent:

There is a great friendly Eriba community. If another Eriba arrives on site it doesn't usually take long for you to meet & get chatting
Other non-Eriba people love the Eriba. We have only had ours for 3 years and the number of people who have come up & made positive comments & even asked for a look inside is amazing.Young teenagers seem to really like the looks. " hey mister your vans sick" has been said to us a number of times!

it still looks like new after over three years

Sorry this is longer than intended and I guess you might get owners of other pop-tops eulogising about their vans as much ...... ....but I'm sure not with as much passion and enthusiasm as us lot..

Happy hunting
MikeT

Last edited Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:51 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:12 pm
by Eribanut | 2.025 Posts

Quote: eribaMotters wrote in post #4
Roger,
I didn't mention the Kip Kompakt EKV. Possibly the only thing that might tempt me. Even rarer in the UK than our Eriba. Super build, good lucking [up until a couple of years ago] and high spec, including extras such as underfloor heating.

Colin

Spell check

Sermo datur cunctis; animi sapientia paucis
Tempus fugit; carpe diem
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:49 pm

Ohh.
Spelling was never my strength and now I'm lazy so it's even worse. Can we have a spellcheck facility on the forum?

Colin

Eribanut likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:47 pm
by Eribanut | 2.025 Posts

Quote: eribaMotters wrote in post #9
Ohh.
Spelling was never my strength and now I'm lazy so it's even worse. Can we have a spellcheck facility on the forum?

Colin

I resign. Taking up too much of my tyme !!!

Sermo datur cunctis; animi sapientia paucis
Tempus fugit; carpe diem
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:11 am
by eribanaut | 1.228 Posts

Quote: eribaMotters wrote in post #9
Ohh.

Colin
You are probably a fast reader, speed readers tend to be poor spellers as they scan sentences rather than read individual words.
Windows 10's spell checker works on here OK.
Dave

Skoda Kodiaq 2.0 150 Tdi DSG Troll 552 - 2005
Don't worry about the destination, enjoy the journey.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:06 am

I always rely on Pepe le Pew

Randa

eribanaut likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:13 pm
by Steve and Debbie | 1.075 Posts

I spell perfectly. Its the spell checkers that get it wrong.

Puck 120 GT - Nissan Pulsar 1.5DCi
eribanaut likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:20 pm

Dave,
how do you get Windows 10's spell checker work on here?

Colin

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:19 pm
by eribanaut | 1.228 Posts

Sorry I've no idea it just does,probably how it came set up, but it doesn't work on the C&MC site, strange.
Dave.
PS.Just found this if it helps

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-confi...-microsoft-edge

Skoda Kodiaq 2.0 150 Tdi DSG Troll 552 - 2005
Don't worry about the destination, enjoy the journey.

Last edited Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:27 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
4 Members and 54 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12539 topics and 105776 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 4