MTPLM

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:14 am
by Edna III (deleted)

Hi every one....Hope you are all taking advantage of the freedom granted to us all. We are of to South Lytchett at the weekend for a few days then to Clover Fields in the Peaks for a few days.

In preparation for taking the afore mentioned trips and part of my due diligence I threw Edna III over a weighbridge and was surprised to find her very close to her MTPLM.

I just wondered how close any others were to their limits. Or am I just carrying to much surplus just in case of any eventuality.

Regards

Ray

60th Edition 530 being eased along by VW Tiguan
eribanaut likes this post!
Scroll up

RE: MTPLM

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:32 am
by eribaMotters | 5.309 Posts

Ray, many of us old timers are aware of weight issue. Those quoted by Hymer/Eriba are for a basic, empty white van. Add ons such as mudflats, battery, stoneguard front etc all add up. I carry a list of weights that starts with my basic van plus every factory and post fit option, then a list of anything I can possibly carry. I know what combinations can and cannot be carried.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:43 am
by Poptop320 | 2.608 Posts

Most new vans come with the upgraded axle,if your van has the standard MTPLM plate you may be able to upgrade the van plate for extra allowance.

Have a look at this link

MTPLM upgrade

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:49 pm
by eribanaut | 1.228 Posts

When we got our van we loaded her up weighing every thing as we wen, then calculated we were about 10k under. We then took her the weigh bridge and found we were 100kover, luckily our chassis was upgradable so we had that done at a cost of [ I think ] €85.
Dave

Skoda Kodiaq 2.0 150 Tdi DSG Troll 552 - 2005
Don't worry about the destination, enjoy the journey.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:15 pm
by Randa france | 12.874 Posts

Quote: eribanaut wrote in post #4
When we got our van we loaded her up weighing every thing as we wen, then calculated we were about 10k under. We then took her the weigh bridge and found we were 100kover, luckily our chassis was upgradable so we had that done at a cost of [ I think ] €85.
Dave

------AND that's before you left. Can't imagine how heavy it'll be when you return with all those bottles
Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
eribanaut likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:30 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.309 Posts

There was a thread some while ago about this. It referred to a Triton and incorrect weights. When you took the base weight of a new van, stated at 840kg then added on everything on the options list that was fitted it did work out to within about 5/10kg as being correct of weighbridge result.
A full options list will give you the extra weights you need to add on, eg:-
Silver paint, stabilising hitch, stoneguard, upgraded axle, mudflaps, spare wheel, sprung upholstery, onboard tank, water heater, autonomy/battery pack, mover, door screen, extra spotlights, sink cover, door bin, 3 burner hob instead of 2 burner. ALL of these are extras and combined add up to a significant weight. I do not have the weights to hand but the above would probably be 160kg minimum.
I have made allowance for these in my calculations and so my 2017 Triton has a payload of nearer 200kg instead of the 360kg you would initially assume.
This means with the usual running contents of table, chairs, gas bottles, cadac, pots and pans etc I can load it with bikes, awnings and food and clothes for two. Most of my favourite French booze collection has to go in the car when we return from abroad.
You really do need to weigh everything accurately once and write it all down to get a true picture of the overall weight issue.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Poptop320 and FINNWOODY like this post!
Last edited Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:48 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:32 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.608 Posts

I had the same kind of experiance, I had to empty my van for a service and as bit of curiosity weighed everything and also included the autonomy pack, spare wheel, smooth skin and motor mover as part of the payload.
The Familia 320 has a MIRO of 750kg allowing 150kg for the standard MPLM 900kg. All the basic stuff that always goes in our Eriba roughly came to 141kg leaving 9 kg for when it is loaded with food and clothes .
Fortunately I upgraded my plate to MTPLM 1050kg, that now gives me an extra 150kg so it's no longer an issue.

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!
FINNWOODY likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:12 pm
by Edna III (deleted)

I have an upgraded chasis to 1400kg......and I weighed in at 1380

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:17 pm
by Edna III (deleted)

I am looking on the bright side .....Its a genuine excuse for Mrs B not to take as many pairs of shoes

eribanaut and Poptop320 like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:28 am
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.116 Posts

I'm pretty sure that we got our Troll upgraded when we got it but now my mind is once more a total blank.

Where would I find in the documentation or in the van a confirmation of this?

Thanks
MikeT

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:13 am
by Edna III (deleted)

If its a new one its probably on the metal VIN plate inside your gas locker

Ray

SOULBLUESMAN68 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:21 pm
by JefL | 95 Posts

Fully loaded for a trip with food, clothes etc, our 2016 Familia 310 weighed in at 980kg. That includes a mover but not an awning. We used a caravanstore which would have been under the 1050kg limit. If we took the full awning, a Kampa Pop Air, it travelled in the back of the car.
Now we have a Triton 410 we are currently running at 1105 without awnings but everything else, including spare wheel, mover and two 4kg Calor propane bottles. This leaves plenty of scope for the caravanstore plus two bikes on the drawbar and we should still be well under the 1300 kg maximum. Oh, and we don't carry the standard table, my back doesn't like humping that thing around, we use a lightweight aluminium roll-up table in the awning and just use the small front dinette table inside. We have also ditched the between the beds cupboard, I took the top off and added a short leg and we use that as a coffee table, the rest lives in the loft out of the way.

Jef
Freelander 2 and Big Ben, the 410
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:59 pm
by ross (deleted)

MIRO gets confusing very quickly. When your van was made reflects how the manufacture can calculate it. For instance my 2019 Triton includes a full gas bottle and full water tank (although it is not clear if it actually means the small under sink one that we have).
I've just knocked up a quick spreadsheet to see what I'm running at and the worst case is 941KG empty and 1110KG with two ebikes and all the other stuff like awning, bedding, food, plates etc. Still have 190KG to use though but just as well we chose the weight upgrade.

Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 29 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12523 topics and 105661 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1