RE: Scraped the bodywork while parking. Nooooo

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:29 am
by smoothrider (deleted)

Thanks for the recommendation Derek, i have given them a shout.

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:27 am
by Stevejoyce (deleted)

This site shows a system used to repair textured caravan panels (not DIY though). There is a good graphic sequence showing repair to a panel similar to a dimpled Eriba panel.

https://hbc-system.com/en-gb/products/ca...n-repair-system

Triton 420 towed by a Ford Kuga 2.0 TDCi

Last edited Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:27 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:42 am
by smoothrider (deleted)

Hi Steve, yeah i saw that but forgot about that option. ;). I am going to contact them today.

Derek's garage guys say it can't be done with filler as the pattern is pressed in. I am guessing most other body repair filler solutions will say the same. They could all make a perfect flat finish, it is getting the "bobble".
Jean at jandi is keeping an eye out for a panel. That is a long shot as i have quite a rare troll model without a window on that side. I reckon it is a lot of work to swap panels out too.
The HBC option sounds the most promising.
I have also been looking at custom aluminium signs. It is not ideal but could cover the damage for less than 100 quid. I am web designer but also graphic designer so could make a nice aged eriba logo to cover it.

Thanks for the steer back in the HBC direction I will let you know how i get on.

Last edited Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:45 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:40 pm
by John Cross | 264 Posts

Sorry to see the damage to your van, we are lucky that we can pull straight off the road onto our drive. Your description paints my worse nightmare scenario for parking.
Reversing on a busy T light junction to park and most drivers these days can't want to wait a minute.
Hope this gets sorted

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:43 am
by nick13 (deleted)

Given that you are a graphic designer I'd say it's a no brainer. Lots of people choose to add funky artistic decoration to their (undamaged) vans and many of them look better for it (all a matter of taste). I'm sure you could easily hide that nasty scar with some imaginative artwork. On many home DIY projects I've spent ages wondering how best to resolve some ungainly deformity on a wall etc and then found that simply hiding it behind a painting or some furniture was absolutely fine. What the eye can't see.... Good luck!

Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 47 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105778 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1