RE: Do others keep a radiator on like Doonhamer (#7 on Winter Storage Sept 28th)?

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:31 pm
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.123 Posts

Hi Randa

My D-Day is tomorrow as it is the first dry day we have had here in an age. Need to get cleaned and polished tomorrow, then move it into its winter position nearer the house.

Then it will be a case of cover on as we are predicted a possible below zero temp for the first time tomorrow night - as we are in a valley bottom we often get it bad.

Then we will need to decide what exact winter preparations we need to take other than taking all the upholstery out and making sure all the water has gone from the system. Probably won't do anything about inside heating until the temperatures start to drop more.

We wil see

MikeT

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

RE: Do others keep a radiator on like Doonhamer (#7 on Winter Storage Sept 28th)?

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:53 pm
by Randa france | 12.883 Posts

AND SO TO BED..........(although we'll have any number of Pepys inside during the winter )

This morning, a fine day for the second wash although we couldn't get the Eriba door open or the poptop up at first due to the frost and ice ..........why must Disappointment all I endeavour end? OK, enough from GMH.

After another hot, soapy wash we left the roof up hoping the sun would dry the van off. However by 2pm this afternoon it didn't look like we were going to get much further so it was:-
1) Bubble wrap stuffed into the toilet external locker door
2) 4 lengths of awning skirt slid around the corners of the van to cover the corner steadies.
3) 4" crepe bandage around the interior opening to the poptop to seperate the folded canvas from the aluminium trim.
4) All cupboard doors and fridge door open.
5) All soft furnishings away from the interior walls of the van.
6) On with the Protec Cover and wheel covers. Our ten year old Protec cover is looking rather splendid with several pieces of bright orange duct tape covering the holes the mice made a few years ago when we left it in the garage over the summer.
7) The wheels are already on cradles and the cradles are on sheets of triple skin polycarbonate.

No heating, no open windows, definitely no dehumidifiers or bowls of cat litter. It works for us.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
SOULBLUESMAN68 and eribaMotters like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:13 am

I said that Wednesday would be DDay for wintering our Troll but the frost came early on Tuesday night........................

Went out just to check car locked at midnight to see that the Frost Gods were teasing me by arriving 24 hours early freezing the car windscreen

Mild panic ensued related to frozen taps. So followed Colin's recent suggestion of socks and woke K up by turning the bedroom light on to find some old tennis socks - thought it important for her to know as joint owner. I was perplexed when she showed no interest whatsoever and turned back over pulling the sheets over her head.

By torch light I put these socks on the taps and covered with a hand towel. These photos from Wednesday morning show my efforts. I feel confident that it worked.....!

IMG_20201104_111611828 (2).jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

IMG_20201104_111626477 (2).jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

IMG_20201104_111636920 (2).jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

MikeT

FINNWOODY, eribaMotters and Randa france like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:51 am
by eribaMotters | 5.324 Posts

Goodness me, frost. It's positively tropical here in Formby at 10c. We are protected. I've managed to play bowls in the afternoon the last few days whilst rain has been falling on Liverpool 8/10 miles south and similarly in Southport to the north. I must admit though that I've resorted to long trousers whilst out.

Colin

ps - if you wrap the tap first with the towel then the sock would hold the towel in place, I think.

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Randa france and SOULBLUESMAN68 like this post!
Last edited Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:50 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:06 am
by addisb | 169 Posts

A good clean, remove battery and upholstery and store in spare room inside ( probably no need ) . Cover with Protec Cover and leave to gently simmer until next season. ( please let there be a 'next season' ) So far this has worked really well with no adverse effects from our Atlantic influenced winters. Top up battery on charger once or twice during winter.

Chris

Randa france and SOULBLUESMAN68 like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:29 am

Zitat
Quote Soulbluesman 68) So followed Colin's recent suggestion of socks and woke K up by turning the bedroom light on to find some old tennis socks

Mike, I can't get over how cruel you are to K. . Fancy waking your wife up to pinch the socks off her feet, although I suppose they would be quite warm !

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:35 am

Zitat
Quote Eriba Motters :- I've managed to play bowls in the afternoon the last few days whilstbrain has been falling on Liverpool

How Francis Drake of you. He playing bowls while those Spaniards were knocking on England's door and you playing bowls while brains are falling all over Liverpool
Randa

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:37 am

But Randa when I took Ks bedsocks off I realised they were too small, so just threw them back on the bed and dug out some old man size tennis socks. Perfect fit

MikeT

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:43 am

Hi Randa

Did you not realise that Formby, where Colin lives, has it's own micro climate and has a secret & guarded reputation as the Riviera of the North West. He even has red squirrels in his back garden, probably hunting for his cerise crocs..............................

MikeT

eribaMotters and Randa france like this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
6 Members and 30 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12538 topics and 105766 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 6