selling and shipping advice

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:45 am
by ERIC49 (deleted)

I will shortly be advertising for sale my Walker Awning for an Eriba Familia . As this will be the first time I have sold anything I want to be well prepared regarding the appropriate packing and what shipping company to use.
I would be grateful for any advice or tips.

Thank you

Scroll up

RE: selling and shipping advice

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:56 am
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.722 Posts

Quote: ERIC49 wrote in post #1
I will shortly be advertising for sale my Walker Awning for an Eriba Familia . As this will be the first time I have sold anything I want to be well prepared regarding the appropriate packing and what shipping company to use.
I would be grateful for any advice or tips.

Thank you

Have a look here

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:59 am
by eribaMotters | 5.325 Posts

I use parcel2go for my deliveries. On small items this usually defaults to Hermes whilst large items go via Parcel Force. I have used them to deliver and ollect awnings and some heavy tools. I've put in 2 x 15kg parcels at 130 x 35 x 35 cm. It comes out at about £30. Wrap the awning bags up in a couple of black bin bags, you print the labels off and take to a Post Office counter. Insurance is at extra cost to your needs. PM me if you need more advice.
Do NOT just take them to the counter and pay there. The cost will be far higher.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Last edited Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:00 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:02 am
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.722 Posts

Quote: eribaMotters wrote in post #3
PM me if you need more advice.
Couldn't you post the advice so everyone in a similar position could benefit?

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:42 am

Nothing major to cover. Basically it would be filling in questions and answers. I don't know if the OP has used P2G or how good they are working there way around some websites. If they are like me they might welcome a bit of advice.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:29 pm
by campnsnooze | 1.148 Posts

Hi, We posted an awning a few months ago that we had sold. The awning weighed 15kgs and we used Hermes. For pick up from our house and then delivery to the other house within 4 working days was £13.60. Very easy to get a quote on their site. Pick up from your house is an extra 86p...cheaper than taking to the P.O. etc.
https://www.myhermes.co.uk/?msclkid=c838...0Parcel%20Exact

Chris

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:13 pm
by Williebraveheart | 351 Posts

I have sent various parcels via Hermes. They are excellent. Everything can be done on line and they will collect from your home. All parcels have tracking facility for both sender and recipient.

Stewart

2019 Troll 535GT Fixed Bed. Mercedes GLA 220d 4Matic
campnsnooze likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:29 pm

I think the problem will be awning is over 15kg and as mentioned above this is the Hermes max .It may be possible if the contents of the two bags can be juggled so neither exceeds 15kg. This is why I use P2G website as it seems easier to input the information and is less of a headache.

Colin

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:55 pm
by ERIC49 (deleted)

Many thanks to all for the info..very much appreciated

Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 19 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12539 topics and 105771 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3